Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Jets' cherry-picking malcontent prospect named OHL player of the week.

I hope I'm wrong. But nothing I've seen indicates I am. He has some junior talent, no doubt. But his game has huge holes and he has character problem early warning signs ALL over the place. Doesn't mean he is already a write off, just means there are warning signs. And those should be noted just like the OHL player of the week should be noted.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I hope I'm wrong. But nothing I've seen indicates I am. He has some junior talent, no doubt. But his game has huge holes and he has character problem early warning signs ALL over the place. Doesn't mean he is already a write off, just means there are warning signs. And those should be noted just like the OHL player of the week should be noted.

I think we all know the warning signs, and should be cautious. To be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic when I heard he was part of the Kane/Bogo trade.

I was pleasantly surprised by him at the Development Camp, and then even more during the pre-season. He was better than I expected, and was really disciplined during pre-season games (saw him get clocked a couple of times and he just turned around and hustled back to his zone on the backcheck - not even a whack). If he can keep his emotions in check, I think he has the tools to at least be a bottom 6 NHL forward, with the ability to score a bit.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
I think we all know the warning signs, and should be cautious. To be honest, I wasn't enthusiastic when I heard he was part of the Kane/Bogo trade.

I was pleasantly surprised by him at the Development Camp, and then even more during the pre-season. He was better than I expected, and was really disciplined during pre-season games (saw him get clocked a couple of times and he just turned around and hustled back to his zone on the backcheck - not even a whack). If he can keep his emotions in check, I think he has the tools to at least be a bottom 6 NHL forward, with the ability to score a bit.

I am with you on this one. I also liked him in development camp and preseason and Maurice went out of his way to make positive statements about how he liked the style of his game and could see how it could fit in at the NHL level. Also his early season performance is definitely the kind of progression you are looking for in a young prospect. Only time will tell whether his attitude issues will be a detriment to his future but for now I am glad we have in our prospect pool.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That is the optimistic POV. I liked what I saw from him in TC also but that does not erase all the warning signs. Attitude/character is more than just a matter of keeping emotions in check.

I am as hopeful as anyone that he turns out well but I am also skeptical. The potential is great and the red flags are real.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That is the optimistic POV. I liked what I saw from him in TC also but that does not erase all the warning signs. Attitude/character is more than just a matter of keeping emotions in check.

I am as hopeful as anyone that he turns out well but I am also skeptical. The potential is great and the red flags are real.

I'm still cautious about him. All of my remarks are prefaced by a big "if".

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm a little on the skeptical side that we even see Kraskovsky in NA at any point, let alone with the big club, but hopefully he can play well over there and in the tournament, and decide he'd like to head over here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm a little on the skeptical side that we even see Kraskovsky in NA at any point, let alone with the big club, but hopefully he can play well over there and in the tournament, and decide he'd like to head over here.

You might be right, but that's not his perspective. He's been quoted as saying that he wants to play in N America. I think the main question is whether he's good enough.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nope. The ideal scenario is that he plays there until he shows he's ready for the NHL. This may not happen, but it makes for a low maintenance prospect.

Agreed. No way he's ready before 21, so let him develop in a good league and bring him over if/when he's ready for either the AHL or the NHL.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kras has shown that he's to good for the MHL at this point but not quite good enough for the K. He's one of the younger guys on the team and a promising prospect in their system so he will get his opportunities to prove himself there and ultimately with the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pretty sure Windsor plays tonight if anyone wants to watch Lemieux

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kras has shown that he's to good for the MHL at this point but not quite good enough for the K. He's one of the younger guys on the team and a promising prospect in their system so he will get his opportunities to prove himself there and ultimately with the Jets.

Wasn't that impressed with Kraskovsky in the game against Finland. He's big, plays with effort, and seems smart. But his skating needs work and he doesn't seem very good as a puck-handler.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I haven't seen anything in any game I have watched Kraskovsky play that would suggest he is going to be an NHL talent.

You'd hope to be wrong on that one but time will tell. He is intriguing but nothing really jumps off the page for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad