Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
top NCAA u20 since 2011-12:
CXcmp8JUwAAseSZ.png

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
If he turns out to be anything like Eichel I will be a very happy camper.

How does one go about watching Big10 games? How many games in a season? I know virtually nothing about NCAA hockey.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
How does one go about watching Big10 games? How many games in a season? I know virtually nothing about NCAA hockey.

If you know someone in the States that has Big 10 Network in their cable package, ask for their login info and you can watch some of the games. Other games you need a "BTN Plus" subscription which is 10 USD a month if you only want Michigan games. I think that's how it works anyway. If you look at the game schedule you'll see what you need a TV subscription for and what you need a "Plus" subscription for.

http://www.btn2go.com/

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Big Ten Network is on Shaw CH 232 HD

TSN also carries some Michigan games

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really happy with how Conner is doing. I figured he'd need two years of college hockey but if he keeps this up then perhaps you bring him in next year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Really happy with how Conner is doing. I figured he'd need two years of college hockey but if he keeps this up then perhaps you bring him in next year.

I think Connor is a couple of years away. Realistically, I see him turning pro after two seasons at the NCAA level. He needs to get stronger before turning pro, in my opinion.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Connor is a couple of years away. Realistically, I see him turning pro after two seasons at the NCAA level. He needs to get stronger before turning pro, in my opinion.

That was is my opinion. But man is his skill level ever tempting.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

He is a late birthday, so he may want to leave after only one year. Especially if he has a 45+ pt season as a freshman. Larkin's success to date will have those guys (high scoring freshman) thinking turning pro is the way to go.

I think he should play two as well, but not sure he'll do that.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He is a late birthday, so he may want to leave after only one year. Especially if he has a 45+ pt season as a freshman. Larkin's success to date will have those guys (high scoring freshman) thinking turning pro is the way to go.

If it is a next year thing, and the Jets are on board, it could start as soon as this spring. Give him a few games after trading Ladd - if they trade Ladd.

Not advocating it, just saying.

Of course this would likely require him to sustain or improve upon this pace and that isn't guaranteed at this point either.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Anyone think that Ladd's contract will have anything to do with decision?

Perreault Schief Ehlers
Stafford Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Burmi
Thor Copp Armia

extras: Petan, Lemieux, De Leo, etc.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have a hunch that Maurice and the Jets think Lemieux is pretty close to making the jump. They gave him a long and favourable look at training camp this past season. Maurice loved him. Connor has the high-end skill. Lemieux has the size and strength.

My guess is that Connor is still in the NCAA next season, and Lemieux splits time between the Moose and the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Anyone think that Ladd's contract will have anything to do with decision?

Perreault Schief Ehlers
Stafford Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Burmi
Thor
Copp Armia

extras: Petan, Lemieux, De Leo, etc.

by the time Connor is penciled into the Jets lineup, these contracts will have expired IMO he won't be ready for next season

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
by the time Connor is penciled into the Jets lineup, these contracts will have expired IMO he won't be ready for next season

No this is the Jets we will lose Matty P and retain Thor.

Book it.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Another possibility is that he turns pro and plays on the Moose next year.

Don't see that one happening, it'll be like Trouba and Copp, brought up before season's end and NHL the next year. He won't leave Michigan for AHL. Wonder if USA will consider him for the Worlds? Longshot but you never know.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Don't see that one happening, it'll be like Trouba and Copp, brought up before season's end and NHL the next year. He won't leave Michigan for AHL. Wonder if USA will consider him for the Worlds? Longshot but you never know.

If they don't even invite him to WJC camp, I can't see them inviting him to the worlds.

But you never know. Whoever is running the worlds team might have a brain :help:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If they don't even invite him to WJC camp, I can't see them inviting him to the worlds.

But you never know. Whoever is running the worlds team might have a brain :help:

That's what I thought, not Ron Wilson at the helm there so things may be different, who knows? My guess is Matthews will go to the Worlds but if they need bodies they could take one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad