Winnipeg Jets Defeat the Minnesota Wild 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the WCSF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You know what's weird? Regardless of the media's narrative, I still don't consider Minnesota our rivals. Hell, I have a total blast every time I head down there for a Wild or Vikes game.

We've expanded our bandwagon... everybody's welcome to climb aboard!

Go :jets Go!!!
close the door "we" took too many scabs in already!! this isn't the Red Cross hahahaha

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
ESPN_knows_hockey_and_photochop.jpg

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Next up, Nashville. Should be one hell of a series. Injuries definitely cost Minnesota whatever chance they had, but I think Winnipeg was taking this either way.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Congrats Jets fans, you clearly had the better team. Good luck the rest of the way. I'm pissed at my team right now for the total lack of effort they showed, so excuse me whilst I go back to the Wild forum and rip them to shreds.

To be fair, few teams have the depth to weather the storm of the key players that were out for Minnesota. Aside from this last game (even then it was Dubnyk who was off this game), I don't think the Wild played all that bad.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
To be fair, few teams have the depth to weather the storm of the key players that were out for Minnesota. Aside from this last game (even then it was Dubnyk who was off this game), I don't think the Wild played all that bad.
The Wild have always looked at depth as a strength of their own as well... to show as pathetically as they did in the end?

Zucker, Nino, Coyle combined for 0 points in this series. That is pathetic for players who are supposed to be so important to the team's success.

Reactions: FVM and Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Never felt that real hate type rivalry with the Wild. Cheer for Minnesota based teams in other sports so it is hard to hate on their hockey team. Been a few times I've really hoped for them when the Jets failed to make the playoffs. Add in I just finished cheering for Minnesota Duluth in the NCAA Championship. Hard for me to get on the rivalry bandwagon.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Another battle of attrition is coming up I think. Man this is gonna be brutal. Hope the Preds show up. Surprised the Jets didn't sweep, given how dominating they looked at times. Scary stuff!

You are a very smart man...
We both will enjoy the war battle to meet who ever may win the pacific...

may the best team win...

fairly...

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What happened to Dubnyk in the 1st period?

Did he forget to clear customs at the border?

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
But the Jets will never do good in the playoffs because they never won a playoff game or series in the past rememeber?

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad