Winnipeg Jets Defeat the Minnesota Wild 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the WCSF

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I listen to a lot of KFAN radio out of Minneapolis. I really like a couple of their daily shows in particular. I really enjoyed hearing some of the media people talking about the Jets after game 3 knowing what followed.

Kevin Falness, thank you for the homerish entertainment.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Injuries happen. The Avs are giving the Preds everything they can handle without their best defenseman and without their first two goalies.

Different teams. Winnipeg is heavy, attacking team. Nashville is built on defense and counter attacks. It doesn't really matter. Minnesota is a good team, that struggles in the playoffs like all of Boudreau's teams. Doesn't mean they aren't a good team tho.

Gungagalunga

Dec 31, 2012
Under a rock
Well done boys. The old Jets fans will remember having beers and nachos at ChiChi's prior to watching the Jets/North Stars games. Mega trash talking, all fun. Good times.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
These guys, deep down, are Jets fans:
_MG_2613.jpg
Deep down Jets fans.jpg

Taken yesterday here in Roatan, Honduras. Tried to get a Go Jets Go chant going under water but it was drowned out.

m.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think a factor that didn't help Minnesota in this series was an inability to play from ahead save for game 3.

Save for that game, they only led for 53 seconds the rest of that series- they briefly had a game 1 lead, but it lasted less than a minute before Laine tied it.

As we saw with Sharks/Ducks, if you want to steal home-ice, you need to dictate game tempo, pace, and control while setting the tone ahead.

The Wild never got a chance to set that tone in game 1 as they didn't hold a lengthy lead.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017

Dominant performance by the Jets, especially defensively. Aside from that flurry of lucky goals from distance in game 3, the Wild hardly got a sniff.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Dominant performance by the Jets, especially defensively. Aside from that flurry of lucky goals from distance in game 3, the Wild hardly got a sniff.

Amazing what constant, unpunished cross-checks to clear the front of the net do for a defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad