Helene St. James Wings Offered Mrazek to Flyers for a Third

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
when vegas did not take mrazek for free, that tells you his trade value was almost nonexistent. but some folks still seem to be in denial about that
Yes because the cup winning super pissed off Flower and baby Suban did not fit their needs first?? Letting go of Mrazek in favor of keeping Jimmy is a bad bad move. One no doubt Holland will do and further his decline as a GM.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yes because the cup winning super pissed off Flower and baby Suban did not fit their needs first?? Letting go of Mrazek in favor of keeping Jimmy is a bad bad move. One no doubt Holland will do and further his decline as a GM.
Mrazek is a good gamble for 1-2 million. At over 4 million no good GM wants him. Not even the bad ones want him. If Holland is so dumb for not wanting Mrazek at that pricetag why can’t we give the guy away?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Either HSJ is lying or...

Mrazek has no value.

Dont worry everyone... here is what is ggoing to happen:

1) No one wants Mrazek at trade deadline... not a 3rd or 4th offered.
2) We do not QO Mrazek and he goes to FA.
3) As a FA in the first 2 weeks... no one offers him a backup job anywhere in the league for decnt money...
4) We get to resign him for very cheap (1-1.2Mil)

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

Howard is likely to be shopped around in the offseason when his NTC expires. Mrazek is either going to be qualified if he continues to play well, or picked up on the cheap later as BinCookin said. This really isn't the end of the world and I doubt either one of these goalies is with the team for much longer.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mrazek is not worth 4 million

Howard is not worth the paper is 5 million a season 25million dollar contract is written on

True
Last 2 years (since Feb 18th 16):

Mrazek - .902sv%, 3.05GAA
Howard - .915sv%, 2.56GAA

Gosh, I wonder who is the better goalie. If only there was SOME way to know.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If Mrazek isn't going to be qualified then he needs to be traded. Holland needs to determine the value and move him. Yes I know, some think Mrazek's value will magically improve once the trade deadline approaches.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
deny it all you want, but I'm sure vegas would have picked him up if they were getting any interest from other teams about trading for him.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Either HSJ is lying or...

Mrazek has no value.

Dont worry everyone... here is what is ggoing to happen:

1) No one wants Mrazek at trade deadline... not a 3rd or 4th offered.
2) We do not QO Mrazek and he goes to FA.
3) As a FA in the first 2 weeks... no one offers him a backup job anywhere in the league for decnt money...
4) We get to resign him for very cheap (1-1.2Mil)

I wonder how much he can get if returns home or goes to the KHL.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Howard is likely to be shopped around in the offseason when his NTC expires. Mrazek is either going to be qualified if he continues to play well, or picked up on the cheap later as BinCookin said. This really isn't the end of the world and I doubt either one of these goalies is with the team for much longer.
Oh I fully expect the rest of the league to wait for the old fart to do nothing, then they get him for nothing and he burns Kenny 2 times when he plays for a good team and a good coach. Old man Kenny can't stand the kid.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
deny it all you want, but I'm sure vegas would have picked him up if they were getting any interest from other teams about trading for him.
Yeah their way of doing things has really bit them in the ass this year. Funny what a good coach and GM can do.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Last 2 years (since Feb 18th 16):

Mrazek - .902sv%, 3.05GAA
Howard - .915sv%, 2.56GAA

Gosh, I wonder who is the better goalie. If only there was SOME way to know.

Last year
Mrazek 16 starts 7-6-3 .906 2.99, 43.75 winning%, 53.1 point%,
Howard 40 starts 16-18-6 .2.83, 40 Win%, 47.5 Point%,
Advantage? None. Howard has a slight advantage in sv pct and gaa, but Mrazek gets more wins

Last 2 years
Mrazek 60 starts 25-27-12 .902 3.03, 41.7 Win%, 51.7 Point%
Howard 64 starts 26-29-7 .916 2.56, 40.6 Win%, 46.1 Point%
Advantage: Howard. Bigger differences in GAA and Save percent. But interestingly, Mrazek, despite being awful for a lot of that time, still wins more and gets more points.

Last 3 years...
Mrazek 109 starts 52-43-18 .910 2.73, 47.7 Win%, 56 Point%
Howard 97 starts 40--43-12 .913 2.64, 41.2 Win%, 47.3 Point%
Advantage Mrazek, Similar GAA stats, but the point differential is stark.

Last 4 years
Mrazek 135 starts 68-52-20 .911 2.66, 50.4 Win%, 57.8 Point%,
Howard 147 starts 63-56-23 .912 2.57, 42.9 Win%, 50.7 Point%
Advantage: Mrazek. Again, almost identical sv percentages. Howard beats Mrazek on GAA by less than 1/10th of a goal. Mrazek far superior in winning and getting points.

Now, you might disagree with me using win percentage and point percentage, but at the end of the day, it matters, when comparing two goalies on the same team, in front of the same lineup.

The only year that Howard beats Mrazek is last year.
ANd Mrazek's stats suffer in 1 year, 2 year, 3 year and 4 year results because of that year.

Yet still, Mrazek is right with Howard in 3 of the 4 years and manages to win more games and get more points..

Why? Maybe he's got more clutch saves. Maybe his puck handling is a bigger advantage than we think.
Maybe it's just dumb luck.

Reactions: 14ari13

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If Mrazek isn't going to be qualified then he needs to be traded. Holland needs to determine the value and move him. Yes I know, some think Mrazek's value will magically improve once the trade deadline approaches.

How does Holland even make that determination if Holland might not be back?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Last year
Mrazek 16 starts 7-6-3 .906 2.99, 43.75 winning%, 53.1 point%,
Howard 40 starts 16-18-6 .2.83, 40 Win%, 47.5 Point%,....

Lots of stats. As long as we can dump one of these 2 I am happy.
I do not care which...

But if we dont trade a goalie before trade deadline... Mrazek will be the one packing his bags (I bet), since he can simply not be offered a QO. Howard on deal for 1 more year.

Mrazek SHOULD be the one we keep based on age... but how do we dump Howard if no one wants him?
And we cant keep them both, or we lose one of Mantha/Larkin/AA

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Lots of stats. As long as we can dump one of these 2 I am happy.
I do not care which...

But if we dont trade a goalie before trade deadline... Mrazek will be the one packing his bags (I bet), since he can simply not be offered a QO. Howard on deal for 1 more year.

Mrazek SHOULD be the one we keep based on age... but how do we dump Howard if no one wants him?
And we cant keep them both, or we lose one of Mantha/Larkin/AA

You still have the draft to trade him.
I don't want to hear that "Holland is taking offers on Howard but willing to wait until next year to decide if he's going to trade him or resign him," which is what Custance reported.

Holland, who might not even be the GM next year, should not be permitted to trade anyone under the age of 28.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
You still have the draft to trade him.
I don't want to hear that "Holland is taking offers on Howard but willing to wait until next year to decide if he's going to trade him or resign him," which is what Custance reported.

Holland, who might not even be the GM next year, should not be permitted to trade anyone under the age of 28.

You have to allow for some amount of "posturing" here Red.

As in Holland cant say out loud he want to dump either goalie for peanuts.

He has to say "we are ok with keeping Howard" unless you want a conditional 7th only.

I think it is pretty clear Holland is willing to trade either goalie.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
You have to allow for some amount of "posturing" here Red.

As in Holland cant say out loud he want to dump either goalie for peanuts.

He has to say "we are ok with keeping Howard" unless you want a conditional 7th only.

I think it is pretty clear Holland is willing to trade either goalie.

Why not?
If you want to keep the young goalie, you make it know that the other one is available.
There's no need for posturing.

If your priority is to keep the young guy and trade the other, then you shouldn't offer the young guy to Philly or the Islanders or whatever.

But that's not Holland's priority.

I guess that's my beef. The reported news leads me to believe that Holland's priorities are wrong.

I see no good reason to be actively trying to trade Tatar, Nyquist and Mrazek right now.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
yes a whopping 0.2% and 0.04 GAA. That surely is enough of a difference to determine the guy with 10 good years in the NHL is worse than the guy with 1 good year.

Their GAA and Sv percentage goes slightly to Howard.
Wins and Point percentage goes to Mrazek.

WHo gives a f*** what Howard did when Datsyuk was 33 and Lidstrom was still with the team.

Reactions: StargateSG1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad