Helene St. James Wings Offered Mrazek to Flyers for a Third

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I don’t get why the wings are even entertaining moving mrazek. The team is not gonna be good until minimum 2019-2020. Howard is past his prime and is not gonna do anything for this team now and into the future. Trade Howard and retain 2 mill on him he’s good value for a team either as a starter or a split starter 1A/1B situation. Qualify mrazek and let him be the man next year if all goes well great he’s the goalie of the future because we all know he has top 5 talent we see it on display. He falters oh well you have the ability to find your starter in that year when we have available cap and maybe even one of our prospects are good to go. You move him to philly for a 3rd and we will be pissed for years to come imo

For the record, I agree. I think the Wings feel that they did this last year and he showed them he cant do it. IF Wings management believe Mrazek is not good enough to be a starter, this is the right move opposed to letting him walk for nothing. I personally think he is good enough to be a starter, but I understand their logic, I just dont agree with it. We'll see in a couple years if they were right.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
We are significantly faster in transition when Petr plays in my opinion. His ability to keep our D somewhat clean because of his puck handling ability is massive for this team. He fits what we have to a huge degree. I think it absolutely factors into how we play and it is noticeable when he is in. We are a faster team with him in the net and a heck of a lot more fun to watch in terms of just the entertainment angle.

Problem with Petr for me and I am sure somebody will throw the actual numbers sorry I am not going there right now is when he isn't on I feel like he gets shredded on the PK. He loses his angles and gets punished a lot when we are down a man. When he is locked in we are generally fine there but in my opinion that is the first thing to go on him when he struggles.

I don't think either guy is likely the long-term answer anymore at this point. But that is really only a question for Petr. Jimmy should be traded and Petr has a month and change plus next year to prove he can be more consistent or not. That should be the move. Holding onto Jimmy doesn't make sense anymore.

I feel the same thing happens in OT. I dont have any stats to back that up though.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Howard does seem more solid on the PK than Mrazek.

For the record, I agree. I think the Wings feel that they did this last year and he showed them he cant do it. IF Wings management believe Mrazek is not good enough to be a starter, this is the right move opposed to letting him walk for nothing. I personally think he is good enough to be a starter, but I understand their logic, I just dont agree with it. We'll see in a couple years if they were right.

I want Ken Holland to trade which ever goalie has the best return. I would that that should be Mrazek, but who knows. If KH can trade Howie for a good return, then trade him. And re-sign Mrazek for $4 million @ 1 year.... And give him last possible chance to prove he is a #1 with a team player attitude. I prefer Howard, but I want the best return possible. Neither are part of the long term future.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Howard does seem more solid on the PK than Mrazek.

I want Ken Holland to trade which ever goalie has the best return. I would that that should be Mrazek, but who knows. If KH can trade Howie for a good return, then trade him. And re-sign Mrazek for $4 million @ 1 year.... And give him last possible chance to prove he is a #1 with a team player attitude. I prefer Howard, but I want the best return possible. Neither are part of the long term future.

Yes, I agree with this, it seems other teams are more interested in Mrazek as well, as Edmonton, Calgary, Florida, Philly and the NYI have all been linked at one time or another in the past month or two. Only Philly and Howard have been mentioned together from what I have heard. Would love that Mrazek was a goalie of present and future for us, but the way he plays is really scary. There are games where he looks like a top end goalie, but there are way more games, where he is sliding out of position and you are left sitting there saying, "why the heck is he sliding over there in a panic, and than a few seconds later they have 3/4 of the net to put the puck in. There are also a lot of games where it doesn't seem like he is tracking the puck very well, and has almost a lucky the puck hit him effect that I don't like. If he could be a lot more 1st part than 2nd part, I would he wholly in the Mrazek camp, but he isn't. Ripping the team is also bad for business when you aren't entrenched as the starter and playing well, which he was doing neither of, when he made those comments, which would bug a lot of people on any team. Imagine being one of his teammates, you aren't playing great, he was awful last year, and then he comes out and takes a few jabs at his own team. Then on the other hand you have the consummate professional in Jimmy Howard who although gets hurt a lot, busts his butt to get back, and keeps his mouth shut about the state of the team, which one sounds like a better rep for the team, to you, I know which one I would pick considering their records are very close in recent times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->