Post-Game Talk: Wing

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Missed the game but let me guess, half the people here were ready to plunge off the Brooklyn bridge at 2-2. These are games we should win so hopefully it's a confidence booster

Reactions: tlk

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I do like the Detroit coach. Seems to have a good presence. Not sure if he’s their “development” guy or their “contention” guy. But he has a good energy. Which I think is actually pretty important.

I'm surprised he wasn't asked why he didn't pull Husso.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm surprised he wasn't asked why he didn't pull Husso.
I'd be interested in finding out which coaches would and wouldn't pull the goalie in that situation.
Husso was playing fine until the Fox goal. Suddenly you blink and you're down 6-2 with about 10 mins of game time left.
Is it worth pulling your goalie or just ride the game out and address everything post-match?

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'd be interested in finding out which coaches would and wouldn't pull the goalie in that situation.
Husso was playing fine until the Fox goal. Suddenly you blink and you're down 6-2 with about 10 mins of game time left.
Is it worth pulling your goalie or just ride the game out and address everything post-match?

It's kind of embarrassing to the goalie to leave him in there. Dude was the #2 goalie in the league in GAA and is now like 17th or something. His GAA dropped by 0.70. I know it's early so one 8 goal game really skews the stats but that was rough.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
It's kind of embarrassing to the goalie to leave him in there. Dude was the #2 goalie in the league in GAA and is now like 17th or something. His GAA dropped by 0.70. I know it's early so one 8 goal game really skews the stats but that was rough.
I think that's why I'm interested to know who would do it. How important are stats to coaches and players, not so much in terms of actual numbers, but how aware they are of them and how any changes affect them psychologically?

My assumption is the Detroit coach doesn't really care and would have been more worried about his backup going in cold for no reason and incrasing an injury risk, but I also wonder whether they may be a 'new school' vs 'old school' mentality at some level about whether these things matter

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Damn, sucks for all the doomsayers that were eulogizing the team that wasn't going to keep shooting like 5% all year
My god could we overreact from 1 period against a team that is supposed to be in the lottery by the end of the season vs what we have seen for over a month so far? If the team can start playing like they did in the third more often then 1 period every 6 games then maybe the doom and gloom would go away...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If you like possession hockey and ability to control the puck (who doesn't) the kid line is it.
Forced the penalty that led to game being tied at 2-2.
Also Goodrow the pro that he is putting up 3 points playing on the 4th line (yes I know one was from Panarin and one was on pk I don't care).
Kudos to Fox he wasn't gonna let this team lose another third period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad