Post-Game Talk: Wing

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
the lines last night should be how we roll going forward on a regular basis....would I like an upgrade on vesey? yes. but with our lack of cap space thats not going to happen

the kid line was spectacular all night

ive been saying this for awhile, this is especially the case for laf
I would have said the same thing a month ago, but I’m very happy with Vesey. I wanted nothing do with him but i feel I was wrong. He has found a physicality that he never had the first time around. And it’s a huge difference. Not only hitting but using his body to make space down low. He has basically re-engineered his game and he’s much more effective now. I would rotate him with Reaves on occasion but basically I like him as a lineup mainstay.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Puck luck and momentum goes such a long way in this game. The Red Wings were on a back to back too. It was encouraging to finally get some bounces and to see the team much more balanced and starting to get it's rhythm back again, even if obviously there is room for improvement across the line.
Totally agree. Most games hinge on a break or two. Momentum, confidence, and puck luck can’t be measured though, unfortunately. I have seen a lot of positives this season despite the record. I hope this game is the start of the tide turning for us.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hajek has been very solid so far. Probably more reliable than Jones tbh. But I am very happy with them splitting a spot in the lineup. Perfect.

No doubt Jones has more skill. Eventually I think that gives an edge over Hajek. Libor is bigger and stronger though and a little more experienced even if he's been underwhelming until now. Size can matter sometimes. For me Zac has to play at least decent defense and add to the offense but so far he's been so so on D and both his points came in the same game. It's tough because our second power play unit that he's on don't really score very often but without the points it kind of mitigates against him a bit. Also Gallant commented before the season that he didn't think he'd been very fair to Libor last year so it's a little bit on his mind too.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
No doubt Jones has more skill. Eventually I think that gives an edge over Hajek. Libor is bigger and stronger though and a little more experienced even if he's been underwhelming until now. Size can matter sometimes. For me Zac has to play at least decent defense and add to the offense but so far he's been so so on D and both his points came in the same game. It's tough because our second power play unit that he's on don't really score very often but without the points it kind of mitigates against him a bit. Also Gallant commented before the season that he didn't think he'd been very fair to Libor last year so it's a little bit on his mind too.
Yep. It’s a great development situation. Jones can play when he’s going good and sit when he needs to. It’s like OJT. And Hajek gets plenty of ice too. Not to mention, injuries will happen.

Reactions: eco's bones

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Because you asked me as question. From your need to ask it seemed like you have not read the regular reactions of this board. Not a big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad