• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yes and no. Like I would not use a 100 or above but I wouldn’t go below 70 either. A 55 is TOO easy to load. A really great wrister is going to be loaded down into the ice with a lot of weight and torque before making contact with the puck. With a 55 I’d snap the stick or have it looking like a half moon which isn’t really what I want. I only want to load the bottom 1/3 of the stick. And in a real game situation, I want that heaviness on my shot, not the ability to come out of a quick little dipsy doodle move and snap it like I would at drop in. I could see having *fun* playing some shinny and being able to get a lot of whip on quick snap shots and one touches with something that whippy, but I would never use it in a real game. It would be like a toy I bring to pickup games and pond hockey. But I also wouldn’t personally use even a 97 and expect that I’m going to put 200lbs behind it and improve my slap shot. I stay in the 77-87 range because it gives me a nice balance. I also play D so I don’t want a noodle when cutting passes or tying up a stick. An 87 at my size still can load up quickly if I want to sauce something 30 yards down the ice or get a chance to join the rush, but gives me a much heavier wrist and slap shot from the circles out.
back in my day.... you actually had to have a good shot to have a good shot. Not a $300 stick

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
back in my day.... you actually had to have a good shot to have a good shot. Not a $300 stick

Well that’s kind of what I’m saying… if you have sound fundamentals a 55 is way too soft. If you’re wanting the stick to do the work for you, it’s a fun toy for quick touch and goes and playing drop in hockey. If you’re actually going through the full mechanics top to bottom, you probably want something with a bit more sap in it. My two cents anyway.

And I’m not saying Ed had a bad shot. I know plenty of dudes who have played with stupidly whippy sticks. But we did laugh about it and give them shit. They could play. But the junior stick was definitely borderline trolling.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Well that’s kind of what I’m saying… if you have sound fundamentals a 55 is way too soft. If you’re wanting the stick to do the work for you, it’s a fun toy for quick touch and goes and playing drop in hockey. If you’re actually going through the full mechanics top to bottom, you probably want something with a bit more sap in it. My two cents anyway.

And I’m not saying Ed had a bad shot. I know plenty of dudes who have played with stupidly whippy sticks. But we did laugh about it and give them shit. They could play. But the junior stick was definitely borderline trolling.
I agree Ed has a bad shot.

I get it though. Before all the torque was made with your hands/wrists for snap shots/wrist shots... now you lean into the stick for easy mode. I have abnormally strong hands... I never really got to play with the new tech sticks. Wonder the improvement it would have

Reactions: egelband

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You get the feeling that NYR are gonna give any player who stubs their toe the rest of the game off moving forward.

It's tough to draw inferences from this game because the whole Red Wings team just didn't show up to play. I don't know if it was the early game time, being out of the playoffs, or being up late last night, but they gave this game nothing. Rasmussen and Staal were the only guys giving an effort.

And wow, Zadina kinda sucks, eh?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You get the feeling that NYR are gonna give any player who stubs their toe the rest of the game off moving forward.

It's tough to draw inferences from this game because the whole Red Wings team just didn't show up to play. I don't know if it was the early game time, being out of the playoffs, or being up late last night, but they gave this game nothing. Rasmussen and Staal were the only guys giving an effort.

And wow, Zadina kinda sucks, eh?
We have Justin Braun... I don't know why we're not giving Fox some 'easy games' off to rest up.

Reactions: egelband

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Laf gonna be looking like this by the 2nd round
billy-gibbons-with-beard.jpg

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Breaking down what Laf just said in the presser, play with more confidence in himself and play more responsible. Said Gallant told him he wasn't playing his best the last couple of games
Sounds like he took it to heart.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He got up and played the rest of his shift and didn’t look too off. I’m cautiously optimistic that they really were just being cautious and in a game where they didn’t need him

Yah he didn’t look to bad coming off I think with two days off just be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad