• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Gaborik had a similar release and maybe better accuracy... but I think Vatrano has much more behind his shots
How about Gaborik with today's sticks? Plus, Gaborik struck from anywhere and everywhere. Not downplaying Vatrano, just saying

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Nice stress less win. Another team oriented defensive shutout. Game never in doubt and they really were focused on "PO game shutting it down" like they have been.
Carolina vs Colorado tonight as we are STILL chasing them down. Have a feeling THAT is what is still motivating them.
THEY want 1st place. Regardless of WHO they play.
Raise that banner of 1st place to the rafters. The start of many, consecutively.

Reactions: egelband

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Gaborik definitely had a better shot than Vatrano does. he much more accurate and he was dangerous from anywhere in the offensive zone.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
qcABy0Z.png

2 wins behind Saros ( in 14 less starts ) .... for the Triple Crown

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I just woke to to be super excited Laf scoring 2, then i read Kakko is injured again?? Are you f***ing kidding me?????
Gallant said it's not too serious and the staff is being cautious removing him from action. So hopefully it's a Chytil like situation where he misses a couple of games before returning. That being said, they'll know more tomorrow

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, some of the game were brutal to watch but by and large the D has been great without being unwatchable. The Islanders HAVE to play an ugly game because they don't have the talent offensive OR defensively. They made it to the ECF the last two years 90% due to system and like 10% due to talent.

Reactions: mas0764

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
These top 2 lines blow Rick Nash and the TBL 2004 retirement tour out of the water though
True, I would say this year's team definitely has more high end talent than 13-14, but depth-wise they were better. Now if Laf, Kakko and Chytil finally start clicking...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Gallant said it's not too serious and the staff is being cautious removing him from action. So hopefully it's a Chytil like situation where he misses a couple of games before returning. That being said, they'll know more tomorrow
I wish I could believe that. Gallant always lies about injuries. Praying he’s back though next week.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
@Loki Dog 74

I weigh 150, it does feel like a noodle, that’s the point 😂 it’s so easy to load up, it’s effortless. I’d actually say my slapshot is my best shot. Isn’t it considered a myth now that a stiff stick makes your shot harder? It is an intermediate stick, I like that better for stickhandling too and it’s lighter than a senior. The only issue it causes is it’s a little difficult to receive hard passes with such a whippy stick.

Yes and no. Like I would not use a 100 or above but I wouldn’t go below 70 either. A 55 is TOO easy to load. A really great wrister is going to be loaded down into the ice with a lot of weight and torque before making contact with the puck. With a 55 I’d snap the stick or have it looking like a half moon which isn’t really what I want. I only want to load the bottom 1/3 of the stick. And in a real game situation, I want that heaviness on my shot, not the ability to come out of a quick little dipsy doodle move and snap it like I would at drop in. I could see having *fun* playing some shinny and being able to get a lot of whip on quick snap shots and one touches with something that whippy, but I would never use it in a real game. It would be like a toy I bring to pickup games and pond hockey. But I also wouldn’t personally use even a 97 and expect that I’m going to put 200lbs behind it and improve my slap shot. I stay in the 77-87 range because it gives me a nice balance. I also play D so I don’t want a noodle when cutting passes or tying up a stick. An 87 at my size still can load up quickly if I want to sauce something 30 yards down the ice or get a chance to join the rush, but gives me a much heavier wrist and slap shot from the circles out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad