Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
After last night no one deserves to be named captain. When Beck scored and chirped Joey in an 11-3 game and no one pushed back, I was disgusted. Thought Greenwell and Stewart skated well, Smith quit on his teammates in 3rd. Why is he still playing! There i no captain on this team so why name one.
All teams have taken certain liberties with Windsor. Very little push back all season long..

Reactions: KyGuy9 and oldPeng

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
After last night no one deserves to be named captain. When Beck scored and chirped Joey in an 11-3 game and no one pushed back, I was disgusted. Thought Greenwell and Stewart skated well, Smith quit on his teammates in 3rd. Why is he still playing! There i no captain on this team so why name one.
In fairness i will say Spellacy went to Beck before the faceoff and said something to him but saginaw decided to change lines before puck drop and Beck didn’t see the ice after. I’m interested to see if they do something next time they meet later this month.

Reactions: Section 103

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Was the Eichler dirty? Questionable I think he was frustrated he got beat wide and shoved an off balance player towards the boards where he could have just used body position to force Sapo wide around the back of the net. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on intent but that’s literally the definition of boarding per the OHL rule book.

Davis is in his 2nd year in the year in the league and is 17. Hay is 18. Let’s not act like this is an OA jumping a 16 year old call up. Once again Saginaw just had one of thier leaders strechered off minutes prior. If you’ve watched hockey in the last 30 years you know Saginaw is going to want a piece of a Windsor player in return and if Windsor themselves didn’t know that I’d be shocked. At least he didn’t get a stick like Hartman and Perfetti in the nhl after the Kaprisov thing. Both guys got thier gloves off and were facing each other and unfortunately Davis got fed his lunch. I’m sure Saginaw much rather would have went after Eichler. Your beef should be on 56 and 57 who just let him get pounded on with his jersey over his head. (Same thing happened in 2nd fight as well)
Davis is a rookie. He played a few games last year as a call up.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
In fairness i will say Spellacy went to Beck before the faceoff and said something to him but saginaw decided to change lines before puck drop and Beck didn’t see the ice after. I’m interested to see if they do something next time they meet later this month.

Yes I seen Spellacy trying to talk to Beck. Should have at least been a scrum immdiately no one on ice said a word to him.

Reactions: TheGremlin

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
According to Bowler there will be a captain named shortly.

Reactions: Section 103

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
1) The play on Sapovaliv wasn't dirty. Doesn't mean his teammates won't feel some way about it.
2) no, hay shouldn't be taking it out on someone not involved with the play
3) sure looks like Davis swings first and Hay obliges him.
I thought he was just trying to push him away from him. Not many people will throw punches with 2 hands on their stick.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
IMHO….Sapolaviv play was not intentional or dirty and might properly have been called pushing or steering. At that point they were 10’ from the boards. If the Windsor player receives an additional penalty it would be outrageous. The attack on Davis from the face off circle does deserve an additional penalty. What goes around comes around and it will catch up to the Saggy player. As for the game , we were heavily outplayed by a much better team and we will be on many nights. Are we a soft team? Yes. We were and still are, such is life in the fast lane. Can we make the playoffs? Yes our chances are still the same. Everyone take a breathe

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
After a Windsor player almost paralyzed Sapovaliv. Let’s at least be honest about why it happened. He just didn’t do it for the hell of it.
Also, he is trying to figure out his role. He's turning 19 and just got demoted to 4th line. Probably not the way he drew things up this year.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
After a Windsor player almost paralyzed Sapovaliv. Let’s at least be honest about why it happened. He just didn’t do it for the hell of it.
I don’t think he was almost paralyzed. It wasn’t a dirty play. It was just bad luck and a freak accident. I don’t think anyone is arguing why there was a fight. It’s the manner he did it and then celebrated his accomplishment after the fact. Maybe different if it was a mutual fight but in this case Davis was attacked.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Is last night game rock bottom
No, rock bottom was the first quarter of the season. They have played much better as of late they just ran up against what is likely the best team in the O. Windsor is younger and less experienced. It showed. The Spits played hard until likely the middle of the 3rd when it was obvious that had no chance. So I was ok with the effort just feel bad for them to be blown out like that.
I haven't seen any team this year that looks better then Saginaw looks right now. Will they lose some games, sure but that is a team built for a long playoff run.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lmao “almost paralyzed” he was literally cleared to go home on the bus 10 min later! Total precautionary plan in place. No bias there!
As for the team. The lack of toughness is shining thru yet again! Does BB not understand size and grit??? Yes were not as talented, but to take other teams abuse at will is wrong! It's an area that he misses constantly!!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Is last night game rock bottom
Not yet...

Lmao “almost paralyzed” he was literally cleared to go home on the bus 10 min later! Total precautionary plan in place. No bias there!
As for the team. The lack of toughness is shining thru yet again! Does BB not understand size and grit??? Yes were not as talented, but to take other teams abuse at will is wrong! It's an area that he misses constantly!!
It is a constant reminder last few years.
Windsor gets pushed around all the time..

Reactions: oldPeng

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor was thumped last nite.
Got pushed around a lot.all gane.
Small crowd.
Not much flow in the game.
Defense was horrible.
Hope the Spirit player is ok from the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad