Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Updated SPIT DRAFT PICKS…

Attachments

• IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 6

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
If it works, it works. They were both very open about it on the bench on Sunday. A few fans gave "what the heck?" looks while I just sat there and grinned.

Note from tonight... Donoso starts, Toure is in the lineup, Zito is not dressed yet, and Outwater placed on the IR.

Regarding Outwater - I don't know what the injury was but, when it happened, I mentioned his arm looked like it was slumping as if it was a separated shoulder. Hopefully it's nothing serious that keeps him out for a long period.
Imagine Zito is getting conditioning after sitting so long.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Pretty much the period I expected. Saginaw showing experience, Windsor showing inexperience, neither team with any chemistry. Donoso needs help but looks good when given a chance to make save. Cristoforo wearing an "A", props to him for that.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Maybe 5 years ago this would work but now with so many options south of the border high end kids will just sign elsewhere.
London has been really effective with having their kids play JRB. Bonk, Cowan, O’Reilly just some examples.Better than rotting on the 4th line and being scratched every other night

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Pretty much the period I expected. Saginaw showing experience, Windsor showing inexperience, neither team with any chemistry. Donoso needs help but looks good when given a chance to make save. Cristoforo wearing an "A", props to him for that.
A for assist to the goals for the other team..

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I understand wanting to get the 4th this year. Still would have preferred them use those 3 2nds. Could take a huge swing at a top american
Understand your point, but you can only have 4 16yos on the roster (excluding 1 acquired by trade).

If you take that swing at an American and he doesn't report, this board will light up about poor drafting. LOL

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
7-2 for Saggy. Expect Donoso be given the 3rd off, let Joey play the 3rd. About what I expected but Saggy is very very good. Would not be surprised if the game got a bit rough. The days of us running up the score are done, expect us to play the trap much more often. We will have our moments and this isn’t one of them. Erie and Flint are our targets if we can get it into gear.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Yes. Awkward fall more than anything. 5 minute major, didn't see any infraction. He's off balance twisting and gets a mild shove from Eichler.

No stretcher, bet there would be no call. Not saying he wasn’t hurt.

Reactions: hockeylegend11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad