Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Size isn’t a big issue in junior drafts, it will cause a player to drop in NHL drafts but certainly not in junior draft - he didn’t slip because of that, that I can tell you with upmost certainty.

During the season - it was thought that he was more a passenger on a very strong Toronto Jr. Canadiens team, he was playing as the teams second line right handed defender, behind Henry Mews. During the GTHL final against the Mississauga Senators, Mews went down with an injury and Cristoforo came in and was dominant from the moment he took over for Mews - and it convinced some (myself included) that Cristoforo wasn’t a passenger on that team and was one of the best players available for last years OHL draft.
Please tell me then why he slipped?? He was ranked 13th going into the priotydraft by OHL scouting.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Says the guy who stirs the pot
Busted!
Course weren't you the same guy who said the Spits were not contenders last year after the trade deadline
How did that work out for you Rayzor
Humbleness from you not likely
Humble post? sarcastically...

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
What us the deal with Sobolev's Visa? Here now in his second year. You'd think this would be sorted out by now unless Russian players being persecuted by the States because of a war they have nothing to do with it. The NHL Russians are playing. Probably something to do with the taxes they pay on those big NHL salaries lol.
No it is the Russians that are being the dinks. They are not happy with their young men overseas right now. So they make it difficult for them. Another crappy thing these kids need to put up with.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Says the guy who stirs the pot
Busted!
Course weren't you the same guy who said the Spits were not contenders last year after the trade deadline
How did that work out for you Rayzor
Humbleness from you not likely
In fairness the 10 years previous.........you always posted it wasn't as bad as some said but there was never a PO W. But you kept telling everyone who didn't agree with you they were wrong or there were factors. Posters don't bring that up as often as you do as a dig in their posts. We could drop a lot of examples but not worth it. If we got out a scorecard

We ALL make posts that in hindsight that could be considered "wrong" No need to attack posters. "Busted"? Really is that necessary? I can pull a ton of your posts over the last few years of stats posts n yout defending the org and claim Busted but don't. Be better. It isn't only the posters you disagree with that stir the pot. Heck ya got called ot for it by Spits fans.

It's a great start to the season for Spits fans. Enjoy.

Spits are running hot to start the year, no doubt. Great for the team and fans.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
No it is the Russians that are being the dinks. They are not happy with their young men overseas right now. So they make it difficult for them. Another crappy thing these kids need to put up with.
I am not an expert in visa apps but what little I know idms it's time or money. It's the US that needs to approve it ( if I'm wrong please clarify for me, I could very well be wrong like I have been before lol)
A person I know from Russia had no problem with a work visa but paid a lot to lawyer to do the application process for them and it was a breeze) another did it themselves and it's been hell.

It's too bad the kids are being held thou regardless the reasoning

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
In fairness the 10 years previous.........you always posted it wasn't as bad as some said but there was never a PO W. But you kept telling everyone who didn't agree with you they were wrong or there were factors. Posters don't bring that up as often as you do as a dig in their posts. We could drop a lot of examples but not worth it. If we got out a scorecard

We ALL make posts that in hindsight that could be considered "wrong" No need to attack posters. "Busted"? Really is that necessary? I can pull a ton of your posts over the last few years of stats posts n yout defending the org and claim Busted but don't. Be better. It isn't only the posters you disagree with that stir the pot. Heck ya got called ot for it by Spits fans.

It's a great start to the season for Spits fans. Enjoy.

Spits are running hot to start the year, no doubt. Great for the team and fans.
Thanks Ares
for the pep talk,I get right on that after you give Rayzor the same public talk after he 1st mentioned my name publicly 1st before I responded.
I won't hold my breath.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Even when this team is winning and playing good there's bad banter going on, some things never change haha, but that's hockey, it's an emotional sport when you play it and as a fan also. There always opposing views and that's the way it is. But onto the game. Hopefully the boys complete the clean 3 game sweep in dominating fashion but time will tell. Interesting to see if Downey starts but he wasnt even the back up last night in Erie's game. I predicted in the beginning of the year this team would out play peoples expectations and they sure have. I seen them as a top 3 or 4 team in the west but Even my expectations have been exceeded, points in 11 straight to start is no joke or illusion. These boys came to play and there Buying into what Savard is serving. Another early big two points in a inner conference game. My guess is Wyatt is as good as gone but this team has definitely done almost everything to convince his return by Dallas. Guess we will see very shortly. Anyways Let's hope for another hard fought win, hope the boys heads dont get to large after putting up 11 on Niagara. I'm hoping Savard let's them know!!

Cheers!
GO SPITS GO!!🍻🏒👍

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I am not an expert in visa apps but what little I know idms it's time or money. It's the US that needs to approve it ( if I'm wrong please clarify for me, I could very well be wrong like I have been before lol)
A person I know from Russia had no problem with a work visa but paid a lot to lawyer to do the application process for them and it was a breeze) another did it themselves and it's been hell.

It's too bad the kids are being held thou regardless the reasoning
Yes, US application but home country needs to provide paperwork as well. That is the country that is dragging their feet. It is already hard when living abroad in one country and you want to "work" in another country and you need paperwork from your country of origin. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Thanks Ares
for the pep talk,I get right on that after you give Rayzor the same public talk after he 1st mentioned my name publicly 1st before I responded.
I won't hold my breath.
Razor be nice...
Will you give others the same condescending reply if they agree with you but take a shot at others? I just did ;)
You can breath now freely I did as you asked.
So was your assumption in your post wrong? I'd love a response.
I assuming since you throw out the "you didn't answer my question" phrase often even when you rarely do it yourself, you will this time. Or else it may be taken as hypocritical by some.

Again enjoy the hot start by the Spits.

Again it would vary easy to refute or show the hypocritical nature your stance in the post I responded to as you also are guilty of what you claimed in your reply.

Yes, US application but home country needs to provide paperwork as well. That is the country that is dragging their feet. It is already hard when living abroad in one country and you want to "work" in another country and you need paperwork from your country of origin. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.
Hopefully it does. TY for clarifying.

Last edited:

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
If Dallas looks to groom John's a future team leader. He could return to lead a good junior team. You can still be sent down to junior after 10 games but that year 1 contract is burned. Financial aspects come into play years down the road. McTavish only has 4 pts zero goals in 8 games woth Anaheim. The leap to the big show full time is still a battle long term.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
If Dallas looks to groom John's a future team leader. He could return to lead a good junior team. You can still be sent down to junior after 10 games but that year 1 contract is burned. Financial aspects come into play years down the road. McTavish only has 4 pts zero goals in 8 games woth Anaheim. The leap to the big show full time is still a battle long term.
Yes 1 yr on the contract is burned after 10 games, but I think NHL teams more and more look at the UFA deadline and I think that it is 40 games to burn a year of that time frame. If they send a player down after 20/30/39 games I don't think it counts as a year closer to the UFA potential big payday. Basically the player is still "cost controlled" or has limited options.
Both are considerations for sure. I just feel the UFA year is more important to delay than paying a kid cash n burning 1 yr of entry level contract. They have limited options as a RFA unless there is a another team willing to offer a contract n compensation (rarely happens successfully)
Again both are considerations.
I think he stays up as it is now but it's a wait n see. Spits are good shape even without him and really he is above this keague as of now in terms of skill n production as last year showed.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yes 1 yr on the contract is burned after 10 games, but I think NHL teams more and more look at the UFA deadline and I think that's 40 games to burn a year of that time frame. If they send a player down after 20/30/39 games I don't think it counts as a year closer to UFA potential big payday. Basically the player is still "cost controlled" or had limited options.
Both are considerations for sure. I just feel the UFA year is more important yo delay than paying a kid cash n burning 1 yr of entry level contract. They have limited options as a UFA unless there is a another team willing to offer a contract n compensation (rarely happens successfully)
I think he stats up as is now but it's a wait n see. Spits are good shape even without him and really he is above this keague as of now in terms of skill n production as last year showed.
Excellent post.

Reactions: Section 103

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Yes 1 yr on the contract is burned after 10 games, but I think NHL teams more and more look at the UFA deadline and I think that's 40 games to burn a year of that time frame. If they send a player down after 20/30/39 games I don't think it counts as a year closer to UFA potential big payday. Basically the player is still "cost controlled" or had limited options.
Both are considerations for sure. I just feel the UFA year is more important yo delay than paying a kid cash n burning 1 yr of entry level contract. They have limited options as a UFA unless there is a another team willing to offer a contract n compensation (rarely happens successfully)
I think he stats up as is now but it's a wait n see. Spits are good shape even without him and really he is above this keague as of now in terms of skill n production as last year showed.
Yes UFA status is strictly 7 seasons of being on a NHL roster for 40 games per season or at age 27 June 30th of that year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Razor be nice...
Will you give others the same condescending reply if they agree with you but take a shot at others? I just did ;)
You can breath now freely I did as you asked.
So was your assumption in your post wrong? I'd love a response.
I assuming since you throw out the "you didn't answer my question" phrase often even when you rarely do it yourself, you will this time. Or else it may be taken as hypocritical by some.

Again enjoy the hot start by the Spits.

Again it would vary easy to refute or show the hypocritical nature your stance in the post I responded to as you also are guilty of what you claimed in your reply.

Hopefully it does. TY for clarifying.
Windsor at Erie
Sobolev, Smith,Martin not dressed for Windsor
Onuska gets the start in goal
Jodoin and McLlwain draw on for Sobolev and Martin.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Windsor at Erie
Sobolev, Smith,Martin not dressed for Windsor
Onuska gets the start in goal
Jodoin and McLlwain draw on for Sobolev and Martin.
So by your your response to my post I don't get the same respect you ask for and I gave you in answering your snarky post? Interesting.
Still waiting for an answer to my question.
I'll do as you always do.....I won't hold my breath.
But if you are big enough to answer the questions I asked......it'll show you aren't putting yourself n your perceived authority above the rest of us on this board for everyone to see

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Over time defeats are like ties.
Overtime defeats are not like ties. You play overtime and then shootout if necessarily precisely so the game does not end in a tie. There is a winner and a loser. Every game. In some games loser points are given. But they are still losses.

What's the point of stirring like this? Yes, they've lost three, but all were in extra time. They are undefeated in regulation which, at this point, is very impresive. What exactly are you trying to do?
Growing up I was taught the importance of language. The words you choose to use have meaning. Use the right words. Facts matter. When you incorrectly represent facts you deserve to be corrected.

When hl11 continues to claim something is true even after being shown it is not, they lose credibility. Credibility matters. A lot. Especially on an anonymous forum like this. When you take something great like what the Spitfires are accomplishing (points in 11 straight/unbeaten in regulation) and then distort that accomplishment by stretching the truth (claiming they haven't lost), it undermines the very accomplishment that you wish to tout.

Spitfires are playing great hockey. Great point streak. Stop undermining their accomplishments hl11. And tg, shame on you for your continued enablement.

I am not stirring the pot. I am setting the record straight. Just as I do on the Soo board and any other board. And I will continue to do so. Why you, tg, are unwilling to do this is beyond me.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018

Attachments

• F9133FF5-808B-4C18-BAFC-8A7FDFCB6472.jpeg
    F9133FF5-808B-4C18-BAFC-8A7FDFCB6472.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino