Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Can't win them all, no big deal. 3rd game in 3 nights, no Sobolev had an effect. They legit never win games in Erie. Tough schedule again next week considering they play in Mississauga on Saturday and have to drive 4.5 hours back to Windsor Saturday night for an afternoon game back in Windsor Sunday while Sunday's opponent Kingston has Saturday off.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Overtime defeats are not like ties. You play overtime and then shootout if necessarily precisely so the game does not end in a tie. There is a winner and a loser. Every game. In some games loser points are given. But they are still losses.

Growing up I was taught the importance of language. The words you choose to use have meaning. Use the right words. Facts matter. When you incorrectly represent facts you deserve to be corrected.

When hl11 continues to claim something is true even after being shown it is not, they lose credibility. Credibility matters. A lot. Especially on an anonymous forum like this. When you take something great like what the Spitfires are accomplishing (points in 11 straight/unbeaten in regulation) and then distort that accomplishment by stretching the truth (claiming they haven't lost), it undermines the very accomplishment that you wish to tout.

Spitfires are playing great hockey. Great point streak. Stop undermining their accomplishments hl11. And tg, shame on you for your continued enablement.

I am not stirring the pot. I am setting the record straight. Just as I do on the Soo board and any other board. And I will continue to do so. Why you, tg, are unwilling to do this is beyond me.
Not when it comes to winning percentage.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Can't win them all, no big deal. 3rd game in 3 nights, no Sobolev had an effect. They legit never win games in Erie. Tough schedule again next week considering they play in Mississauga on Saturday and have to drive 4.5 hours back to Windsor Saturday night for an afternoon game back in Windsor Sunday while Mississauga has Saturday off.
Team agreed to schedule.
Just prepare for the game for that day.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well knew this would happen at some point. When Peer is not noticeable out there you know the guys are tired. Other teams play up to and want to beat the top dog. Erie was pumped for that game. Pumped Erie, tired Spits no surprise on the end result.

Is Onuska ok? Not sure if he is injured or disinterested? This has not been a good look for him the last few games. I still don't think they would have won with Joey in net but those 3 goals in 30 seconds was a back breaker.
Lots of hockey left and Savard can use this game for some coaching moments.

Go Spits Go!!!

Reactions: tomschman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: