Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Good grief a predator, loose his career…. Do you folks understand exactly what he did? I dont condone it or think it was ok, but that happens daily with todays teens!
Morals are very different in the tech age. You are all basing your comments off stories you read. Lots more to that story, montreal did their homework thats why hes still playing hockey! No im in no way connected to his family before that gets thrown out there.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So heres a breakdown of Canadian ohl kids compared to others in the nhl.
07062CEA-9FB9-4423-A4E2-96DA5E88E56A.jpeg

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
And some of those OHL/WHL/Q players in the NHL were actually imports playing in those leagues. Also, you sprinkle in a few Tier 2 players. So the number of CHL players that are Canadian born and playing in the NHL, may be less than 40%.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
After last night, the hope in my heart is gone. Wyatt ain't coming back.

7 games in:
- 6th on Dallas for points
- Tied for 2nd on Dallas for goals
- 7th Forward TOI for Dallas
- Even +/-

Dallas is tied for 1st in the Central Division - Tied for 3rd in the Western Conference

Yeah sure, they could drag it out and healthy scratch him but why? He fits. He's good. He's ready.

Just based around the media they've shared of Wyatt, it doesn't look like this kid only has 2 more games in a Stars jersey this season.

A fantastic talent I was truly holding out hope would remain here. Glad we got to witness his development as much as we did, and best of luck to the kid in the show!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just getting back on here after a few days out of town. I'm surprised I was able to post the Currie thing LOL cell reception literally changed in my hands.

As for Mailloux - he could be a serious talent but the baggage involved now is too much.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Good to see Windsor had 3 players/prospects on the NHL Central Scouting list.
Agreed, would not be surprised if Abraham and DeAngilis make the Central Scouting list next time out.
In other news,Spits are now 5th in attendance with an average of 3955 per game.
Last year though Covid influenced the numbers, attendance average was 3032
so far an increase of 923 per game
The other 4 top teams were 4th Oshawa, 3rd Guelph, 2nd Kitchener and 1st London
The worst by quite a bit was Mississauga 1321 per game ouch.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Agreed, would not be surprised if Abraham and DeAngilis make the Central Scouting list next time out.
In other news,Spits are now 5th in attendance with an average of 3955 per game.
Last year though Covid influenced the numbers, attendance average was 3032
so far an increase of 923 per game
The other 4 top teams were 4th Oshawa, 3rd Guelph, 2nd Kitchener and 1st London
The worst by quite a bit was Mississauga 1321 per game ouch.
Roughly 2600 empty seats.

Reactions: three dog night

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Ian Michelone is now with LaSalle.
Michelone played last night for La Salle and he and the team won 5-4.
He gave up 4 goals with 33 shots against.
While he is Windsor's 3rd goalie,he has work to do to catch his goalie partner in LA Salle rookie Spitfire prospect Tre Altiman who is averaging 2.26 with a 928 save per centage and a win/ loss record of 5-3.
Altiman doesn't turn 18 for another 3 weeks almost,a definite prospect, along with 16 year old Carter Froggett and 17 year old Joshua Branton.
As mentioned before Spits are rich in goaltending prospects and that's excluding 17 year old Joey Costanzo on the big team.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Michelone let in a couple of very poor goals last night. Leighton has work to do to get his feet from going back into the net, and positioning better. First game, maybe nervous?

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Wyatt Johnston is playing his 8th game tonight and will play his 9th game on Saturday. If he is coming back, he will be here on Monday. However, I don't expect that to happen.

Spits conserved energy in 3rd for this weekend. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Wyatt Johnston is playing his 8th game tonight and will play his 9th game on Saturday. If he is coming back, he will be here on Monday. However, I don't expect that to happen.

Spits conserved energy in 3rd for this weekend. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Pleasant way to say it...

For Studnicka
Don't see dipietro still to play in nhl for a few years.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Another victory in the books. Every night a different player has a big game, tonight it was Christopoulos who was dominant. North Bay is a good team loaded with NHL picks so it was a notable win.

Spitfires are now a remarkable 20-1-4 in their last 25 regular season games. No one is talking about it, but that's quite the string of games.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
Another victory in the books. Every night a different player has a big game, tonight it was Christopoulos who was dominant. North Bay is a good team loaded with NHL picks so it was a notable win.

Spitfires are now a remarkable 20-1-4 in their last 25 regular season games. No one is talking about it, but that's quite the string of games.
Don't want to jinx it 😁

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Agree with everything that you opined about especially the part of a different player being the scoring hero,besides Christopoulos, 10 other players had at least 1 point,in fact 4 others had 2 points each,Windsor like last year highest goals for average per game 4.60, and that's with getting only 1 goal for in game 1 of the season, since then in other 9 games 45 goals scored,average of 5 per game.
Great game also by Colton Smith,Ryan Abraham, Christoforo and last but not least goalie Mat Onuska who was solid early and outstanding in the 3rd when Windsor took their foot off the pedal.
Spits now 7-0-3 in 1st 10,imagine how many goals they would have if Wyatt Johnston and Zito were here.
The scoring depth on this team is pretty impressive.
2 game road trip to Niagara and Erie,today and tomorrow, understand Christoforo will play all 3 before leaving for U17 and Sobelev wont play Saturday at Erie, a chance for Hebek to get in.
Expect to see Costanzo between the pipes against his former teammates tonight and back to Onuska Saturday in Erie.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Further to your point of quite a string of games and different players contributing
Last year Spits averaged 4.485 goals per game best in the O.
This year its 4.60 and 5.00 in the last 9 games.
And in the last 3 games its 6.67 (20)
They are getting team wide contributions especially up front.
Look at these numbers in the last 6 games
Abraham-13 points,(4G,9A),Maggio-10 points
(5G,5A),Smith-10 points,(5G,5A),Peer-8 points(2G,6A),Christopoulis-7 points(5G,2A),and then in the last 3 where 20 goals have been scored by this team,10 players have averaged a point or more a game,and that's with the D not providing an abundance of points or goals,it's OK,but not earth shattering,of the teams 46 goals only 4 have come from the D,Renwick 2,DeAngilis and Ride 1 each.
The only player struggling so far this year is Chris O'Flaherty after a strong camp he had 3G in 5 exhibition games,he only has 1G,0A
in 11 games,hopefully he picks things up otherwise guys like McLlwain and Martin will get their chances.
Overall this is a tough team to outscore and beat,and nobody yet has especially 5 on 5
Spits are 6-0 in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad