GDT: Win one for Cam vs the Dastardly Buffalo Dorky Scissors

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Since we're on the topic of bans and whatnot, what do infraction points actually do? I got infracted a month or two ago for telling an offensive joke in the "Tell a joke" thread in the lounge (OP was in 2008, and thread was full of racist/sexist/dead baby jokes that were never deleted). Do they escalate if you get a certain number within a certain timeframe?

From FAQ:

There are 10 predefined infractions that expire in 30 days and 3 Levels of punishment that incrementally disable privileges. Warnings are the same as infractions but carry no point penalty.

Spam, Ads, Off Topic, Thread Hijacking (5) Warez (5) Flaming (5) Copyright Abuse (5) Trolling (5) Offensive (5) User Title, Avatar, Sig, Location (5) Libel (5) Disclosure of Private Information (5) Moderator Abuse (5) Ethnic/Racial/Gender Slurs (5) Misc. listed in Site Rules (5)

The following penalties are triggered by the point total in parentheses:
Level 1 (10 points) = the following are disabled: search, poll posting, avatar, attachments, email to a friend, profile editing, invisibility, signature, username changes, vbookie privileges, and post editing. The PM quota is reduced to 10
Level 2 (15 points) = Level 1 + complete loss of PM + ability to start new threads.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
I got infracted for posting this picture without the yellowbox

yxAurMG.png

ALee10

Oct 8, 2011
I'm a Caps fan, I loved watching Semin play. You guys have to re-sign him I think, everytime I watch him play for you guys it's nothing but impressive. Add him for a long term deal and you have a strong core for a long time.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thread hijacking guys?

:sarcasm:

Especially bordering on discussing past infractions, which is borderline infraction-worthy IIRC.

I just never understood the infraction process, every time I get one I stay away from other boards but ours for a little bit, then it seems to go away.

Confusing to me...

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Okay, now that I'm back from the game...

-Peters looked great all night long. I can't blame any of the goals on him. First goal was a bizarre bounce off the glass right in front of the net, second goal was a slapshot just after the first penalty expired in a situation that was basically still a five on three, third goal was a giant collapse by the players in front of him...including Faulk looking like a pylon.

-Skinner looked terrible for most of the night. Couldn't stay on his skates, wasn't playing defensively responsible hockey, etc.

-Westgarth is terrible at skating, and needs to either figure out how to skate or get thrown in the pressbox once Brent is healthy. It's detrimental towards the fourth line.

-Eric Staal's face is now atop the +/- chart on NHL.com. Even the NHL's website hates Russians.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Guys, we don't discuss infractions on the forum.

We're fine, right? I feel like trying to gain an understanding of how one earns an infraction and what the penalties include isn't actually the same as discussing past infractions.

I've asked this question several times, about how they expire, and I've never actually been definitively given an answer. Hope that's OK!

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
We're fine, right? I feel like trying to gain an understanding of how one earns an infraction and what the penalties include isn't actually the same as discussing past infractions.

Discussing the penalties is fine, but we don't need to bring individual infractions into it. That's all I'm saying. This isn't my forum so I'm not going to start slamming heads together or anything.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
:laugh:

There wasn't a mod in here when I came in or I wouldn't have said anything. Just trying to keep the work load light for you Canes mods :P

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Wasn't trying to open a can of worms with the specific infraction talk. Surprised nobody infracted me just for the sake of irony :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Anyway...

This team can win with Ellis and Peters. This team CANNOT continue winning if we keep getting outshot like this in the 3rd period.

Also, disturbing trend of giving up a goal with a two-goal lead in the final minute, has happened two games in a row now. One of these games the other team's gonna dig deep and get that tying goal.

Peters was awesome in all three periods. The team in front of him was only awesome for two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad