Who:
SabresL1.png
at
CanesL1.png
When:
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013
Where:
PNCArena.png

THIS IS A MEDICAL PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL FOR ALL RESIDENTS ON THE UNITED STATES EAST COAST. A VIRAL EPIDEMIC HAS BEEN DETECTED IN THE NIAGARA FALLS AREA OF NEW YORK AND HAS BEEN QUICKLY SPREADING SOUTH. THIS EPIDEMIC IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD TO AREAS AS FAR SOUTH AS NORTH CAROLINA BY THE EARLY MORNING HOURS. SYMPTOMS HAVE BEEN SHOW TO QUICKLY DETERIORATE THE MENTAL FACULTIES OF THE INFECTED, AND THOSE SHOWING SYMPTOMS SHOULD BE IDENTIFIED AND QUARANTINED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

PLEASE NOTIFY LOCAL AUTHORITIES IF YOU NOTICE ANYONE SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF THE FOLLOWING:

DELUSION

ENLARGE_01sabresplaque.jpg
Sabres1.png

ANGER

rob-ray-angry.jpg

DEPRESSION

steve-johnson.jpg
sabres_sad_2.jpg

SadWeber.jpg

buffalo-is-sad-e1329596573337.jpg
22_1norwoord_miss.jpg

BREAKS FROM REALITY

13-buffalo-bills-fans-bunny-masks-creepy-nfl-fans.jpg

INTOXICATION

TREAT IMMEDIATELY IF ANY SYMPTOMS APPREAR. PLEASE APPLY DIRECT AND CONSTANT PRESSURE TO THE INFECTED AREA WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

4945722.bin

image1685606.jpg

STANLEYCUP.JPG

hull_modano780.jpg

tumblr_ltjf1kx9MC1qmazcxo1_1280.png

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP IF TREATMENT DOES NOT CURE SYMPTOMS.

Lineups tonight:

Carolina Hurricanes:
frannckd10110050020.standard.jpg

Buffalo Säbers:
jumbo.jpg

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I don't post here much, hardly ever but I definitely enjoy browsing the GDT's and other various posts of interest. Good GDT by the way.

I feel pretty good about JP getting the start. At least for tonight. I'm not a doom and gloomer but I can certainly understand some justified apprehension with Peter's game. He needs to come out and play his ass off tonight, stay focused and get a W and then hopefully Ellis is in for Thursday night. This team thrives on good vibes, and momentum and a few wins without Cam will do wonders.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't post here much, hardly ever but I definitly enjoy browsing the GDT's and other various posts of interest. Good GDT by the way.

I feel pretty good about JP getting the start. At least for tonight. I'm certainly not a doom and gloomer but I can certainly understand some justified apprehension with Peter's game. He needs to come out and play his ass off tonight, stay focused and get a W and then hopefully Ellis is in for Thursday night. This team thrives on good vibes, and momentum and a few wins without Cam will do wonders.

More importantly IMO is that the rest of the TEAM needs to come out and play their ass off. Miller has played well the Saber's last 4 games and they are 3-0-1 in those games. The skaters need to put the pressure on Miller and give Peters defensive support as wel.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
More importantly IMO is that the rest of the TEAM needs to come out and play their ass off. Miller has played well the Saber's last 4 games and they are 3-0-1 in those games. The skaters need to put the pressure on Miller and give Peters defensive support as wel.

Yeah, aggreed. What I did there was assume the good Hurricane team shows up. Course I know as Hurricane fans we're trained to never assume anything.

Beardy*

With our top 2 lines essentially running on 100%, I think we should be fine with getting at least a couple. If Miller goes insane and stops everything they're doing, then there isn't much we can do, but the Sabres do have a pretty bad defense, so you'd think we should get at least a couple, especially on home ice.

My worry is that Peters lets in 3 or 4 bad goals that could nullify an otherwise good performance from the rest of the team. Our team defense is solid enough that he shouldn't get too many difficult chances to save, (especially with their top line having cooled off since their blistering hot start to the year) so if he plays solid, cuts down the angles, and makes the easy saves, we should be ok. I just don't have much confidence that he will.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I see a high scoring game, wit cha boy Sasha getting his first hat trick in a very long time

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
I'm feeling good about tonight.

#1: First home game I've missed this year. So, guaranteed win.

#2: Petedawg has been seeing lots of action down in Charlotte. History has shown he does best when starting regularly.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
ice chip said:
Fairly subdued skate. Muller just banged stick a few times, as if trying to pick up the pace

So the team is already down in the dumps feeling sorry for themselves that Cam is gone for the season.

8-1 Lose Dwyer with the only tally

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm quite optimistic about tonight's game, although I think it could be a 5-4 type affair and the Canes possibly spending entirely too much time trading goals.

Miller has been hot lately, but I like our top two lines (and the Buffalo D) for their ability to generate a lot of scoring chances. And who knows? Maybe Jussi will make a scoring appearance tonight.

6-4 win.

Semin (2), EStaal, Skinner, Jokinen, McBain with goals.

Gleason again protects his Lothario reputation in another TKO over snOtt.

Like hell any of this will actually happen tonight.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I'm not feeling it. Remember what happened the last time this team dealt with adversity? Lost a lot of games...embarrassingly.

I don't see how losing your starting goaltender and your backup (at least temporarily) won't affect the mindset of the team. I can easily see them chalking this one up as a loss and not showing up.

ramp23

Oct 14, 2010
Yeah, I'm not feeling it. Remember what happened the last time this team dealt with adversity? Lost a lot of games...embarrassingly.

I don't see how losing your starting goaltender and your backup (at least temporarily) won't affect the mindset of the team. I can easily see them chalking this one up as a loss and not showing up.

This is where Roddy would have rallied the troops....Maybe Staal can do the same. (And maybe not)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Staal's leadership is quite a bit different than Brindamour's.

Based entirely off hearsay and the bits and pieces we get from John/Tripp/etc, to my understanding, both are (or in Brindamour's case, were) very soft-spoken in the lockerrom, but let their play on the ice lead by example.

And this worked with Brindamour, because even if he wasn't scoring, he was making a great defensive play, or at the least, having the most intense faceoff...ever. That intensity rarely left his game on the ice. Staal, on the other hand, is very up and down. When he's "on" and leads by example, the team wins their games. Usually because when Staal's got that intensity in his game, a goal or two is all but guaranteed. When Staal's "off" and leads by example...well, you get the recent Washington game. Or the recent Montreal game. Or one of the other hundred or so games where Staal's looked like ass and the team followed suit.

Having Brindamour on the bench could help this team out. In fact, I've seen very little about Rod behind the bench and how that also might have an effect on Staal's play this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad