GDT: Win one for Cam vs the Dastardly Buffalo Dorky Scissors

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
And a chance to go head-to-head with that first place team on Thursday. Don't like our chances in that one but we've definitely got a shot.
saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I think we win against Montreal, personally.

I found something that we should use for your avatar in this case:

1270887-lunatic.gif

Nah, not really. We certainly could win, I'm not sure what to think at the moment. But Budaj will probably get the start and shut us out.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Meh. I know they've played great but I think if we stop MaxPac we'll win. Rest of the team doesn't scare me at all.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, either Montreal will bounce back from their recent terrible play, or we'll run them out of the arena.

*insert Nicolas Cage meme*

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
Awwww... Let's hope we are watching this next year too!

ericstaalalexsemin_4000-218x150.jpg

(Photo: Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
MaxPac sounds like some kind of tampon thing. Just sayin'.

Things I liked about this game.

- PETE DAWG. Goals were fluky and/or aided by bad defense.
- Jussi continues to produce big time.
- Another fantastic game by Riley FREAKING Nash. Seriously, did anybody see this coming?

Things I don't love:
- Second line is not producing, more than that they don't look good either. Thankfully, because of points 2 and 3 above, this doesn't matter so much.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLSASAll&sort=points&viewName=summary

E. Staal now tied for 1st in +/-, tied for 4th in points and tied for 5th in goals. If the Canes can find success in Ward’s absence and Eric can keep playing like this, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some love from the PHWA at the end of the season.

I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of extrapolating of the stats across all the forums and I’m not sure how much the short-season paces mean, but it’s worth noting that E. Staal is scoring at a ~45 goal, ~104 point pace.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
What's better than beating Buffalo? Sweeping the season series with them. :handclap:

I have to admit, Peters looked real good. Who knew he had some of those saves in him. This could be good for us with Ellis and Peters fighting to be 'the guy'.

I love the Sweet TEA line name. And they continue to be on fire. Can we please get Semin signed to an extension NOW. Do not let him get to free agency.

Not a bad way to start the homestand.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
What's better than beating Buffalo? Sweeping the season series with them. :handclap:

I have to admit, Peters looked real good. Who knew he had some of those saves in him. This could be good for us with Ellis and Peters fighting to be 'the guy'.

I love the Sweet TEA line name. And they continue to be on fire. Can we please get Semin signed to an extension NOW. Do not let him get to free agency.

Not a bad way to start the homestand.

Almost as good as the BBC Line

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
The Sweet TEA line needs to seriously be a thing now.

Because the goals are sweet when you're playing southern-style. :laugh:

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Anyway...

This team can win with Ellis and Peters. This team CANNOT continue winning if we keep getting outshot like this in the 3rd period.

Also, disturbing trend of giving up a goal with a two-goal lead in the final minute, has happened two games in a row now. One of these games the other team's gonna dig deep and get that tying goal.

Peters was awesome in all three periods. The team in front of him was only awesome for two.

The team I've noticed goes into a trap on a two goal lead in the third. That combined with lazy play (Staal was really bad on that third goal) are the main factors.

Honestly, I'd rather not change our play and go hard for 60 mins but every team does have lulls..

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The team I've noticed goes into a trap on a two goal lead in the third. That combined with lazy play (Staal was really bad on that third goal) are the main factors.

Honestly, I'd rather not change our play and go hard for 60 mins but every team does have lulls..

I wouldn't be too concerned. It was our 3rd game in 4 nights. We were most likely exhausted.

I was far more impressed with our ability to immediately strike back after the Sabres scored. That's the kind of crap that happens to us.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Every team relaxes a little bit up 2 goals. The complacency is another thing, but after all, this is just a regular season game against the crappy, crappy Buffalo Sabres.

(crappy)

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I don't know if it's real or not, sometimes it feels like the team knows it can just go get a goal if they need one. They pace themselves with a two goal lead, oh snap, buffalo scored, better go get another one.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn't see the whole game as I had to step away from the TV during part of it, but I thought Sanguinetti looked pretty good and continues to look better as the season goes on. For those at the game or were able to catch the whole game, how did he look in totality?

I agree on Nash, looking competent on that 3rd line and hopefully he can keep it up as he is filling a big need on the team.

If Sanguinetti and Nash continue to work out as they are, that 2010 draft (and the trades during it) will be quite a haul for Carolina (Skinner, Faulk, Nash, Sanguinetti...with Biega and Levi still as prospects). If Andersen had stuck around he'd be on that list as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad