Tennis: Wimbledon 2022

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Absolutely brilliant first set from Kygios, 6-4. Nick made it look easy, at least until the final game, the only time nerves seemed to be a factor.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
My tv still isn't working at home and I'm working till noon or so. Just tuned in to see Kyrgios took the first set.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nole breaks for 3-1 in the second set and the long process of breaking Nick's game down begins in earnest.

Nerve-wracking final game as Nole goes down love-40 on serve but he recovers. He bettered every single aspect of his game that set: returne, first serve, backcourt game, the works.

Nole's play reflects his recent pattern lately--lose a first set (or two) then tighten the screws; this match could be over in four sets

Last edited:

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
some moron keeps yelling when Kyrgios is about to play shots in the last game of the 2nd set, one of the worst things about British crowds is we always have people like that, hopefully they got removed

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
A friend just texted me and said Kyrgios is acting like an ass and making Djokovic look good! I am not home to watch. I wondered at what point Kyrgios would start acting up.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Kyrgios looks like a shell shocked Roy in his last game with the Habs. Djokovic is also a hot head himself, but I think now his when his mental game completely takes over vs the erratic Kyrgios

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
These two players couldn't be more different when it comes to focus and mental strength. Djokovic loses a set and only gets stronger and more focused. Kyrgios loses a set and implodes.
Djokovic is playing this year like a freaking hustler, dropping one or two sets a match he has no business losing then after giving you false hope he just stomps on it like a bug.

Reactions: kihei and TCTC

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The match is sure living up to expectations. Some beautiful tennis from both these guys. I'd llike to see it go to a fifth even though I don't think it will.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not cheering for anyone in this final but i’m with Kyrgios on the whole people drinking too much and becoming belligerent at sporting events

Reactions: Foppberg

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great tennis though tempered somewhat by the fact that the outcome seemed almost preordained.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad