GDT: Williams night: Canes vs Kings

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Well, you know what- I deserved that victory since the last 3 games I attended the Canes scored precisely 1 goal in each.

Really impressed with how Dundon has revamped the mobile app- lots of great features like getting your seats next to friends, upgrading to better seats, etc. Also-The new light show on the ice was amazeballs.

The military rush seats are a lot closer to the ice than they used to be (I'm assuming the college rush are as well), and you can get them online now instead of lining up an hour prior to the game- yay!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Did Aho just call Williams daddy?

Okay yeah so which of you is this?

PM me if you don't want to out yourself. I just want to know. :laugh:

edit:

NVM, apparently he got it from Alan:

Who judging from the date got it from AD:

greggory mckeggory

Who posts on HF.

Where everyone likes bacon.

84a581dbe125b26d69fc73020e055e80.jpg

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Talk about a Pyrrhic victory with all these injuries- I'm choosing to believe that Faulk and Ferland were held out because there was no reason for them to play through any pain with the game sewn up. Sucks about de haan too but that may not keep him out of the lineup for a long time. I'm staying hopeful

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know it's a meaningless stat, but I am always intrigued with goal differential. We moved to +16. That's more than Washington. So even though our d is strong, that shows we are still scoring goals because we just moved on the positive side in the last couple weeks.

Individual plus minus is a meaningless stat, sure... but team plus minus definitely is not.

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
Anyone mind giving me a short recap on the injuries last night? I may or may not have been watching Drag Race with the gf.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Anyone mind giving me a short recap on the injuries last night? I may or may not have been watching Drag Race with the gf.
Faulk left the game first. No idea how or when, but he was the first guy out.

Ferland left after a goal scored in the 2nd. Got caught up with Quick going across the crease. Looks like he tweaked something in his back.

De Haan had some weird random ass post game workout injury.

Nothing known yet, all 3 could bw back Friday

Reactions: ericiversen

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Individual plus minus is a meaningless stat, sure... but team plus minus definitely is not.

Baseball Pythagorean calc applied to the Canes:

W%=[(Runs Scored)^1.81]/[(Runs Scored)^1.81 + (Runs Allowed)^1.81]
W%=[(Goals Scored)^1.81]/[(Goals Scored)^1.81 + (Goals Allowed)^1.81]
W%=[(187)^1.81]/[(187)^1.81 + (171)^1.81] = 54%

The Canes have played 63 games and have 34 wins...which equates to 54%.

It's always good to cross-reference a team's score/goal differential vs their record as it is certainly a meaningful stat.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Faulk left the game first. No idea how or when, but he was the first guy out.

Ferland left after a goal scored in the 2nd. Got caught up with Quick going across the crease. Looks like he tweaked something in his back.

De Haan had some weird random ass post game workout injury.

Nothing known yet, all 3 could bw back Friday

They didn’t actually announce Faulk would not be returning until after Ferland. I honestly didn’t even notice Faulk wasn’t gone.

I really think Ferland hurt his forearm. When he went flying across the crease he had his arm out to break his fall and all of his weight appeared to come down on it. It must have been something really painful to immediately rush off the ice while the team was celebrating the goal.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I was hoping Ferland just had a stinger after landing on his arm, but with him sitting out for the rest of the game, that seems unlikely.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Individual is not meaningless. An Entry-level System player can have a Performance Bonus where being a team Top 2 player in forwards/defenders in +/- pays him up to $212.5k of monies.

That amount buys my house about four times.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Slavin, at one point I believe, led the league in minus

At his worst Slavin was at -18 on December 29th which was 37 games into the year. After starting the season +2 he had a 33 game stretch where he went -20 and had only 3 games where he finished +.
Since December 29th Slavin is +18 in 27GP. During that stretch he has been a negative player only 5 times.

# Negative +/-# Neutral +/-# Positive +/-
Games 1-3716165
Games 38-635813
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not many better examples of the team gelling than the Slavin-Hamilton pair. They both got a bit less selfish and both became better offensively and defensively.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I couldn't tell from my seats--did Quick intentionally glove Ferland's skate?
I couldn't tell if it was intentional, but Ferl's skate definitely "landed" in Quick's glove and looked like it contributed to him coming down hard. Given the way he tucked his arm to his side, I think Ferland hurt his wrist or hand. He was holding it still and didn't attempt to fix his glove which was not fully on after the fall.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I start to wonder if this team have legit #2 center (Couturier, Trocheck and etc)... could he win the Stanley?

Reactions: SlavinAway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad