GDT: Williams night: Canes vs Kings

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So we got there during the national anthem and we didn't see a thing for Williams all night.

Was it only on TV or did we just get there too late?

I was there from the warm ups on and there was nothing except that like 5 second picture of his face on the jumbotron announcing Justin Williams night real quick at some point. I was kind of astonished.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
yeah, it was kind of amazing. I expected there would be a ton of, you know, that really annoying thing where they reduce the broadcast angle to half the normal size so you can't see the game very well at all, so they can have another frame for closeups? But no they didn't do that at all and I was super happy with the broadcast for sure

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
One thing that really stood out to me about Hamilton’s post game interview was how much he was saying all the guys really liked playing together and for each other. For a guy that has a reputation (true or not) of being aloof or a loner, that says a lot about the buy in on his part. Makes me think that if we want him when his contract is up, he will not be a hard guy to resign.

I wonder if this was a consideration for the management to not make any drastic TDL moves. If the players are in a special place right now, ditching some of them out for a new guy might be morale-shattering to the one getting moved and the others staying behind.

This approach may go a long way in the upcoming re-signing game.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I wonder if this was a consideration for the management to not make any drastic TDL moves. If the players are in a special place right now, ditching some of them out for a new guy might be morale-shattering to the one getting moved and the others staying behind.

This approach may go a long way in the upcoming re-signing game.

Agreed. I think the "bring in a player to reward the team" only makes sense if the someone on the team is an obvious weak link because of talent or effort. The past two games McKegg and Maenalanen have demonstrated that everyone is giving 100% and contributing. Removing any of the current roster would be difficult for teammates.
Having injury replacements is an issue, but ironically for the Canes it is on D and I don't think anyone would have supported trading for another D-man. For instance, if Ferland does miss the Blues game, then Svechnikov plays with Staal/TT and McKegg is back in. That is not a huge problem. At this point the only big forward losses would be Aho or TT. On the other hand, as good as the D has been an injury to anyone other than TVR (and even that is debatable) leaves a sizable hole.

McBrockGinn

JerkDaddy
Jan 9, 2018
Male
One thing that really stood out to me about Hamilton’s post game interview was how much he was saying all the guys really liked playing together and for each other. For a guy that has a reputation (true or not) of being aloof or a loner, that says a lot about the buy in on his part. Makes me think that if we want him when his contract is up, he will not be a hard guy to resign.

I've really stopped believing that reiterate the longer the season goes. Dougie's really seemed to have built a strong relationship with the guys on this team. There are a number of social media posts I've seen from the Canes where Dougie and Svech appear to be bonding off ice. It's very possible Svech is a just a fan of museums as well though...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00