GDT: Williams night: Canes vs Kings

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Man, I love these top two lines. Ferland-Staal-TT especially. Jordan looked like he did at the very beginning of the season, playing like a giant wrecking ball with big and powerful strides towards the net. He’s a perfect foil for the playmaking qualities of TT.

I honestly think re-signing Ferland is the only high end move we’d need to make this offseason up top. Keep Williams around and I think we could roll with a top 12 next year that looks like:

Nino - Aho - Svechnikov
Ferland - Staal - TT
Martinook - Necas - Williams
McGinn - Wallmark - Saku

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Quite possibly. The way he was skating off the ice to me indicated more of a back injury though, at least from where i was sitting
also if you watch the highlights or whatever, he's seen grimacing during one of the goal celebrations, and in another he's skating rather gingerly. so I think the back injury theory has merit.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I like how you have to slowly peek out the last one like they do in the Finnish variant of Five-Card Stud.
So yeah on this educational video they don't do the personal peeksy stuff for the final card that's dealed face down in the Sökö variant, but I can't not post this as it seems to have the Canadian Stud Connor McDavid in a TML jersey.

edit: either I forgot to add video, or it got justifiedly deleted for being in French. I can't remember what I did.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Even though I’m glad he’s not here anymore, because of Darling we have Svech & McStarter. Those 2 things alone are worth a video tribute, dontcha think? :)

Footage of all the softies he gave up with “I will remember you” playing in the background.

Seriously, though, I feel kinda bad laughing about the situation given what he’s currently going through. Hope he gets better.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Footage of all the softies he gave up with “I will remember you” playing in the background.

Seriously, though, I feel kinda bad laughing about the situation given what he’s currently going through. Hope he gets better.

To be clear - not having a fun with his situation.

But, yeah, we could look back on all of those gaffs MUCH DIFFERENTLY than we did when they were happening.

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
Man, I love these top two lines. Ferland-Staal-TT especially. Jordan looked like he did at the very beginning of the season, playing like a giant wrecking ball with big and powerful strides towards the net. He’s a perfect foil for the playmaking qualities of TT.

I honestly think re-signing Ferland is the only high end move we’d need to make this offseason up top. Keep Williams around and I think we could roll with a top 12 next year that looks like:

Nino - Aho - Svechnikov
Ferland - Staal - TT
Martinook - Necas - Williams
McGinn - Wallmark - Saku

I'd like to see:

Nino Aho Svech
Ferland Staal TT
Necas X Williams
Martinook Wallmark Mäenalanen

Reactions: Unsustainable

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm kind of annoyed by Hamilton's comments after the game when they asked him about the dust up shit late in the game. He said he was an idiot for going for a hat trick in a game like that, shouldn't have, and deserved to have those guys come after him. f*** that shit. They were gooning it up before anything else, we should have kept pouring it on. Oh, and f*** Phaneuf.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
They didn’t actually announce Faulk would not be returning until after Ferland. I honestly didn’t even notice Faulk wasn’t gone.

I really think Ferland hurt his forearm. When he went flying across the crease he had his arm out to break his fall and all of his weight appeared to come down on it. It must have been something really painful to immediately rush off the ice while the team was celebrating the goal.

I had a similar injury playing soccer getting pushed down in the box. I ended up having a hairline fracture that hurt for a day but was fine shortly after.

Let's hope the same for Ferdaddy.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
At his worst Slavin was at -18 on December 29th which was 37 games into the year. After starting the season +2 he had a 33 game stretch where he went -20 and had only 3 games where he finished +.
Since December 29th Slavin is +18 in 27GP. During that stretch he has been a negative player only 5 times.

# Negative +/-# Neutral +/-# Positive +/-
Games 1-3716165
Games 38-635813
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not many better examples of the team gelling than the Slavin-Hamilton pair. They both got a bit less selfish and both became better offensively and defensively.
Hamilton reiterated very firmly last night that he thought his early season injury was the biggest factor in his play then as well.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm kind of annoyed by Hamilton's comments after the game when they asked him about the dust up **** late in the game. He said he was an idiot for going for a hat trick in a game like that, shouldn't have, and deserved to have those guys come after him. **** that ****. They were gooning it up before anything else, we should have kept pouring it on. Oh, and **** Phaneuf.

Dougie "Southern Gentleman" Hamilton.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'm kind of annoyed by Hamilton's comments after the game when they asked him about the dust up **** late in the game. He said he was an idiot for going for a hat trick in a game like that, shouldn't have, and deserved to have those guys come after him. **** that ****. They were gooning it up before anything else, we should have kept pouring it on. Oh, and **** Phaneuf.

Calgary fans (or the section of the fanbase who vocally did not like the man) cited as a concrete indiscretion a postgame interview of a 6-3 loss in which he seemed elated because the 3 Calgary goals were scored by him. I think that history colored his words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
One thing that really stood out to me about Hamilton’s post game interview was how much he was saying all the guys really liked playing together and for each other. For a guy that has a reputation (true or not) of being aloof or a loner, that says a lot about the buy in on his part. Makes me think that if we want him when his contract is up, he will not be a hard guy to resign.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00