Value of: William Nylander to Edmonton

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Might as well just leave it at no. What Leafs fans find fair, Oilers fans will find completely insulting.

Mar 26, 2010
It would take McDavid coming back for Toronto to trade Nylander. No, I am not kidding.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
These offers just embarrass Oilers fans. Classic quantity for quality. But then again some Leaf fans responses are even worse

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Well, we know how good Drai is with McDavid. We don't know how good Nylander could be with McDavid. We also know that Drai can be effective without McDavid. Can Nylander maintain his level with Matthews away from him? That's why we are laughing at the Drai suggestion. Not that you guys should settle for much less, but from OUR perspective, it would be ridiculous to trade Draisaitl for Nylander.

We don't know bolded.

Re underline: It's actually a fact that every line Nylander went to, they got better, and was worse without him.

Mar 26, 2010
I truly think the package does not exist that would entice Edmonton to trade McDavid.
I truly agree with you.

I truly think the package does not exist that would entice Toronto to trade Willy Nylander.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I truly agree with you.

I truly think the package does not exist that would entice Toronto to trade Willy Nylander.

Oh don't be silly. If Tampa offered you Victor Hedman for Nylander you'd break your ankles running to the car to drive him to the airport, haha. The two aren't comparable.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I truly agree with you.

I'm a Leaf fan, there's definitely pieces I'd trade Nylander for outside of McDavid (Eichel, Laine, probably Dahlin). McDavid is tiers removed from Nylander, we shouldn't suggest that they lump together in how unavailable they are

Mar 26, 2010
Give us Draisaitl and Nurse. Then we'll consider giving you Nylander.
No we won't.

Willy Nylander is elite! I am a fan of Draisaitl as well, but now way Toronto moves Nylander for him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'm a Leaf fan, there's definitely pieces I'd trade Nylander for even outside of McDavid (Eichel, Laine, probably Dahlin). McDavid is tiers removed from Nylander, we shouldn't suggest that they lump together in how unavailable they are

McDavid
Eichel
Barkov
OEL
Hedman
Karlsson

Nothing else entices me, and none of those guys would be traded for Willy.... So we'll keep him.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Nothing that you'd be willing to trade what get you nylander.

Nylander for Draisaitl swap would be = in value . OHH but Draisaitl put up more points so hes worth more . Hes played a full year more in the NHL than nylander and plays with the best center in the world . MC D

And at this point id rather have nylander and try and lock him in for a cheeper contract they are gonna put up similar points

Other trade would be Nylander + Matthews for McDvid not happening on both sides

nothing here at all

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol OP is like saying

"what would it take to get Drai?

Package centered around Carrick? Kapanen? Liljegren?"

Reactions: RCS

Mar 26, 2010
No kidding.

I am not sure if the OP was trolling or not with a proposal of Nurse LOL.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
McDavid
Eichel
Barkov
OEL
Hedman
Karlsson

Nothing else entices me, and none of those guys would be traded for Willy.... So we'll keep him.

I'd put Laine in that group too, but my point was that lumping McDavid and Nylander together in any way is disingenuous and it's only gonna lead to a derailed thread

I'm in the Nylander>Marner camp

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's not the better player.

Wouldn't do that trade.

Too bad you're not the Leafs GM then! I get liking your own player, but if you were offered a guy with a better draft pedigree, just put up more points, has actually played C, and is bigger (important as a C) AND were offered a 19YO 4th overall pick with 60+or potential, you'd be a moron to turn it down.

Mar 26, 2010
Too bad you're not the Leafs GM then! I get liking your own player, but if you were offered a guy with a better draft pedigree, just put up more points, has actually played C, and is bigger (important as a C) AND were offered a 19YO 4th overall pick with 60+or potential, you'd be a moron to turn it down.
Nylander is that good. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad