Value of: William Nylander to Edmonton

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Draisaitl. Maybe Klefbom. No chance on any of the people listed in your OP. The trade really makes no sense for either side. Leafs don't need to trade a 21-year-old 60 point player (who statistically underachieved at 5v5 last year) for unproven players slightly younger (or even a year older in Nurse's case).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What if the package was Nurse + Puljujarvi for Nylander + minor piece?

Muggs

Oct 29, 2016
Oilers have nothing I'd want for Nylander's potential beyond the Toronto boy that Albertans love..

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
why does edmonton need more scoring?

i dont think toronto is rushing to move nylander. if they were going to consider moving him i would assume it would be for a similar aged defenseman with similar pedigree and upside.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Seems like a bad roster fit and is a player that would(justifiably) demand a humongous return.

Doesn't make a lot of sense for me.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Draisital.

But I think their equal players and unless Lou really screws up on a Chiarelli level, Nylander will be cheaper.

So no deal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What if the package was Nurse + Puljujarvi for Nylander + minor piece?

I don't see Toronto wanting to touch that. There are probably 2 or 3 pieces on Edmonton that Toronto would take back in a deal for Nylander, and the Oilers (rightfully) won't give those pieces up.

Reactions: Breakdowns

GoldenTicket

Nov 14, 2006
In your bushes
I think Toronto wants to compete right now. Trading a young point producer on a reasonable contract for magic beans and hope isn't what a team like Toronto is looking to do. I think both JP and Nurse could someday be more valuable but today they are not.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Draisaitl or Klefbom, potentially Larsson, would be the only intriguing pieces on Edmonton's end of a Nylander trade.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think Toronto wants to compete right now. Trading a young point producer on a reasonable contract for magic beans and hope isn't what a team like Toronto is looking to do. I think both JP and Nurse could someday be more valuable but today they are not.

There is an outside chance that JP could be more valuable in the future but I'm willing to bet my house that Nurse never will be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Considering Nylander would outpoint RNH by 15-20 points, that's fine.

It's not, really. Keep in mind we're going to need to re-sign Talbot and Maroon pretty quick here too.

Regardless of acquisition cost, I don't see us able to afford Nylander.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It's not, really. Keep in mind we're going to need to re-sign Talbot and Maroon pretty quick here too.

Talbot is going to be an interesting signing. He's been an absolute workhorse for the Oilers and probably the 2nd most important player on the team. He could command anywhere from $5 - $7 mill long-term.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Leafs would ask for Larsson+ (who is an ideal fit for them actually) and the Oilers turn it down because they need Larsson more than they need Nylander.

I think the Leafs would probably deal Marner before they would deal Nylander if they wanted to do a top forward/top pairing Dman swap.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

It's fine. Talbot's salary increase should be covered by the cap increase by then (+2M max), I think Chia walks away from Maroon at anything above 4M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad