Speculation: William Nylander on the move?

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
To be perfectly honest, I’m one of them.
Seriously, because I would like to know, what was he referring to?
Signing guys like Nylander, Matthews, and Marner. There was lots of talk about us having to move them, and somebody asked him if the Leafs would be able to do it.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I have always wanted Nylander in Vancouver. 3 way deal?

Van receives
Nylander

Min recieves
Boeser

Tor receives
Dumba

I personally don't think Dumba carries the same value as Boeser or Nylander so maybe leafs get a pick from min and canucks could send a contract like roussel back to min.

I’m not good on player values in trades. However, I believe Dumba is more offence-oriented, as opposed to being a shutdown defender. Therefore, I would not make this trade.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Considering that about 20 teams could've an internal cap for $70,000,000 or less, How many teams would even trade for William Nylander? With a flat cap for the next 3 years or so not sure if many teams are looking at taking on nearly $7,000,000 in cap.
Internal budgets are concerned with actual cash expenses, not salary cap.

I hope the Leafs don't trade Nylander, but if they did his much lower-than-cap salary could be very attractive to budget-conscious teams.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
This will hurt Dubas credibility with players if he trades Nylander. Iirc he promised him he wouldn't be moved before signing that contested deal, yes?

Iirc, when he said that, he was referring to only that season.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I have always wanted Nylander in Vancouver. 3 way deal?

Van receives
Nylander

Min recieves
Boeser

Tor receives
Dumba

I personally don't think Dumba carries the same value as Boeser or Nylander so maybe leafs get a pick from min and canucks could send a contract like roussel back to min.
Guess you guys can't offer Tanev for Nylander + anymore, eh?:sarcasm:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That’s a nice emotional response, but it’s rooted in preference, not fact. Brady, who is 6’3, doesn’t bridge the talent gap because he throws a bunch of hits. I mean what did he expect, he’s asking for the price on someone who would be their best forward, a couple of 2nd round picks isn’t going to cut it.

Save the good/bad team nonsense, Parayko plays on a good team therefore Ristolainen>Colton. That’s what that argument comes off as.

It wasnt an emotional response. It was rooted in fact. I guarantee if you put a pole up of who is the better player and who is worth more brady wins hand down

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That’s a nice emotional response, but it’s rooted in preference, not fact. Brady, who is 6’3, doesn’t bridge the talent gap because he throws a bunch of hits. I mean what did he expect, he’s asking for the price on someone who would be their best forward, a couple of 2nd round picks isn’t going to cut it.

Save the good/bad team nonsense, Parayko plays on a good team therefore Ristolainen>Colton. That’s what that argument comes off as.

Lol nice try.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
And Josh Anderson wasn't worth Domi + a 3rd, either.

It's really not worth arguing over. I would prefer that the Wild keep Dumba and not trade him, let alone for Nylander.

To me, it’s two different fan bases who, rightly or wrongly, may be overvaluing their players.
I’m a Maple Leafs fan, but I try not to see the Leaf players through rose-coloured glasses.
I know very little about Dumba. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Dumba more of an offensive-minded dman, as opposed to a shutdown dman? If so, we desperately need at least one, if not two, top 4 shutdown dmen.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It wasnt an emotional response. It was rooted in fact. I guarantee if you put a pole up of who is the better player and who is worth more brady wins hand down

It’s a fact that 31 is greater than 21. That 61 is greater than 44. “OMG! 6’4 an He hItZz LiKE CrAY cRaY1!1! ... wAAY bEtteR thAn SofT NyLAndEr!!!” Is not a fact, it’s an emotionally charged response based off or your own opinion on what you value. I also happen to value grit, which is why I placed enough value in it to bridge the talent gap between them in order to make Brady a reasonable return when asked.

Going in circles with you is fun, but it’s a waste of time. Had I known how much you value a player with an edge I would have offered you Kadri for Tarasenko when we had him. Sounds about right using your logic.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It’s a fact that 31 is greater than 21. That 61 is greater than 44. “OMG! 6’4 an He hItZz LiKE CrAY cRaY1!1! ... wAAY bEtteR thAn SofT NyLAndEr!!!” Is not a fact, it’s an emotionally charged response based off or your own opinion on what you value. I also happen to value grit, which is why I placed enough value in it to bridge the talent gap between them in order to make Brady a reasonable return when asked.

Going in circles with you is fun, but it’s a waste of time. Had I known how much you value a player with an edge I would have offered you Kadri for Tarasenko when we had him. Sounds about right using your logic.
Brady being tenacious and hard hitter. Gets into the dirty areas and makes his presence known is a fact. Nylander being perimeter player. Doesnr go to dirty areas, doesn't check or play physical. Thats a fact. As for the emotional response. It seems that is coming from you.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Brady being tenacious and hard hitter. Gets into the dirty areas and makes his presence known is a fact. Nylander being perimeter player. Doesnr go to dirty areas, doesn't check or play physical. Thats a fact. As for the emotional response. It seems that is coming from you.

Actually if you’d bothered to watch Nylander most of his goals come from the inside; slot, around the net. He’s also excellent at possession and zone entries, but no he isn’t a hitter.

Your facts seem to always include non-facts.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Nylander was like top 3 in the NHL in net-front goals...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's certainly possible but based on the comments Dubas has made recently I'd be surprised I think depth guys go first

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I would like to see the Flyers make a play for Nylander. Would something around Ghost for Nylander be a decent starting point? I'd propose a risk/reward deal for both teams...

TO PHI
- Nylander
- Liljegren

TO TOR
- Patrick
- Gostisbehere

... this deal is risky for Philly IF Patrick can stay semi-healthy. If he does, the Leafs get a phenomenal return for Nylander. If Patrick can't stay healthy, it will come down to Nylander vs. Gostisbehere as I feel Liljegren is an absolute scratch-off ticket.

I would be quite concerned about obtaining Patrick due to his health issues. But the main reason I wouldn’t do this is because I believe Ghost is mostly an offensive-minded dman (correct me if I’m wrong), and we desperately need defence-first dmen.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Promising? He hasn't been able to crack the Leafs lineup--a team that has been starved for quality defenseman. The Flyers are taking far more risk with Patrick than the Leafs are with Liljegren.

Which is one of the reasons why I would not want the Leafs to do this. The other being we need defensive-minded dmen.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I can believe it.
Anyway, Aaron Ward reported it first.

Thanks.
I am not a Dubas supporter. I may be wrong, but I just can’t believe that we can be considered a true Cup contender while paying 4 forwards half of our cap.
Also, I will be shocked if Dubas is able to make any significant changes to our bottom six and defence through trades and free agency, since he’s made it very clear that he won’t be trading any of the top 4 to address the needs for the coming season.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Not even close. Nylander will return a lot more than that. The price for Willy Nylander is sky high. Try top pairing D.

I’m a Leafs fan, bleed blue and white, but I don’t believe Nylander gets you a top 2 dman. But he would definitely get you a top 4.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Something like
Deangleo extended 1 yr 4.5 Rangers retain half = 2.25 + Smith [4.35 expiring] + Huska elc
total is a bit over 7
for
Nylander 6.9+ + kerfoot 3.5 x 3 + Andersen 5 m expiring
total is like 15.4 ish
net cap gain to Leafs is 8+
hello AP

Rangers give Kerfoot away cond 7th first taker
flip Andersen to Sabes for Hutton ++

so basically TOR is huge cap relief
Rangers ultimately add Nylander for what Deangelo would cost post covid, but have term,
However, get rid of Smith (leafs unload or send to the A)
Lol

Mar 26, 2010
I’m a Leafs fan, bleed blue and white, but I don’t believe Nylander gets you a top 2 dman. But he would definitely get you a top 4.
Yeah, the trade proposals in this thread are trash.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Actually if you’d bothered to watch Nylander most of his goals come from the inside; slot, around the net. He’s also excellent at possession and zone entries, but no he isn’t a hitter.

Your facts seem to always include non-facts.

Yeah I'm pretty sure somewhere there was a tweet or legit stat that Nylander is just about at the top of the league at high danger chances in those dirty areas.

He's sneaky and gets to the inside a lot. Some people will always just say he's too soft because he doesn't throw many hits.

Hes just not the guy.. hence why Leafs can add others to the lineup who can do that. Hes here to put up points.

What im saying is... I agree lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad