Speculation: William Nylander on the move?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
We heard that Guerin doesn't like any of them enough to pull the trigger, which makes sense if you believe he's a 45-55 point RD.

Meanwhile, we got confirmation after the Kapanen trade that offers for Nylander were B players and grab bag deals, which Dumba is more valuable than.
Link to the offers?

They said nothing of the sort - underwhelming is what was said there too, just like Dumba.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I'd love Nylander on the Sens. How much?

Brady Tkachuk.

Dumba is the worse worst that ever worsted!

Not at all, but it’s nearly unanimous that we don’t want him. He doesn’t have the value to us because he doesn’t possess the skill set we need.

ADA -Georgiev-2nd for free Willy?

Terrible, want no part of ADA.

Nah, Dubas won't trade him.

That'd be admitting his plan is flawed. Can't trade a core piece, not after saying earlier that they wouldn't be moved.

Yep, which is unfortunate because his ego is in the way of actually improving the team.

Reactions: realgoodleafs

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Brian Lawton mentioned during the NHL draft show to not be surprised to see Nylander moved so that the Leafs could have a more balanced lineup. He said it makes the most sense. Will this be for a Dumba type of move or elite prospect/picks to free up the money for Pietrangelo. I've said all along I believe Pie will sign with the Leafs.

I can’t see it happening, unless Dubas finally comes to his senses and realizes he can’t win with 4 forwards taking up half the cap.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Brady Tkachuk.

Not at all, but it’s nearly unanimous that we don’t want him. He doesn’t have the value to us because he doesn’t possess the skill set we need.

Yep, which is unfortunate because his ego is in the way of actually improving the team.
Lol brady ktchuck you are such a kidder

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lol brady ktchuck you are such a kidder

I’m sure you are super familiar with Nylander and all that. So than make an argument why a W/C who has hit 60+pts and 30+ goal, and is signed long term to 6.9M (4.7 in real dollars) isn’t worth Tkachuk, who hit 44pts twice.

Don’t just make nonsense flyby comments Colt, show people you have an ounce of hockey knowledge by forming an argument.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
It makes so much sense to move someone like Nylander to balance things out but alas Toronto is known to be stubborn, don't see them doing anything

Especially since Dubas believes that he still can win with this core, and will keep them together for at least one more season (I’m not sure if Dubas has stated this publicly).

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Brady Tkachuk.

Nope. Thanks goodbye.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kyle Dubas trading Nylander would be extremely surprising and the return would have to be pretty significant.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Nylander is one of the best $$$ value players on the team, id be shocked if Dubas trades him outside of a redonk overpayment.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Lol Nylander has back to back 60 point seasons and 1, 59 point 30 goal season in a Short season.

people are just get hung of up Brady’s last name, take that out and it’s pretty fair value all things considered.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I’m sure you are super familiar with Nylander and all that. So than make an argument why a W/C who has hit 60+pts and 30+ goal, and is signed long term to 6.9M (4.7 in real dollars) isn’t worth Tkachuk, who hit 44pts twice.

Don’t just make nonsense flyby comments Colt, show people you have an ounce of hockey knowledge by forming an argument.

Ktchuck is the real deal. He hits. Blocks passes and is nasty feller. Where nylander is soft as.. cotton. Brady is 6'4" 21 years old and elc. He was 19 and 20 when he put those numbers up. 1st year he was better than nylander and second year nylander had more assists. On top of all that brady played on a shit team and nylander played on one of the top offenses in the league.

So do the math in my book and everyone else's brady is by far the better assest hands down

Reactions: SensFactor

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Lol
Your not getting Tkachuk, Ottawa loves that guy.

Reactions: SensFactor

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Ktchuck is the real deal. He hits. Blocks passes and is nasty feller. Where nylander is soft as.. cotton. Brady is 6'4" 21 years old and elc. He was 19 and 20 when he put those numbers up. 1st year he was better than nylander and second year nylander had more assists. On top of all that brady played on a shit team and nylander played on one of the top offenses in the league.

So do the math in my book and everyone else's brady is by far the better assest hands down

That’s a nice emotional response, but it’s rooted in preference, not fact. Brady, who is 6’3, doesn’t bridge the talent gap because he throws a bunch of hits. I mean what did he expect, he’s asking for the price on someone who would be their best forward, a couple of 2nd round picks isn’t going to cut it.

Save the good/bad team nonsense, Parayko plays on a good team therefore Ristolainen>Colton. That’s what that argument comes off as.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Dubas's comments about the core and the depth lead me to believe that he will not be trading any core piece, but will ship out guys like Kerfoot, Johnsson, and Dermott to fill the hole on the right side, and then back-fill the depth with budget signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad