Speculation: William Nylander on the move?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The problem in trading Nylander is that if you're planning on using the cap space to sign Pietrangelo or someone else, you basically cant take any cap hits back in return for Nylander. It would be Nylander for futures. Given the flat cap the next few years, I cant see teams lining up to take on salary while trading cheap young players on ELC's.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I wouldn't move Nylander for any of the proposed deals. He's about to boom here soon and I want him in TO when he does.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Fine. Leafs can essentially field same team from last year and lose again.
We've all been thru this before.
Were you paying attention?
Tavares - NMC can't move
Matthews - don't wanna move
Marner - can move, but requires eating 3-4 m off 11m cap.

Nylander is odd man out if you want cap space.
And you need cap space b'c AP is not gonna come to you for 5 or 6 per.

Total failure on your part to acknowledge truth.
NY has O interest in Anderson
zero in in Kerfoot

takes that on so you have a chance.

But I'm the one who's wrong here.
Guess again.

Or better yet, just let's see how it pans out.

You either make a signif move to get signif cap or you don't.

If AP to FL as ufa, aka free, except $, no acquisition cost, Panthers likely to keep Ekblad.
Also, if they redeploy to repurpose asset Ekblad he fetches more than Nylander.
He fetches a drastically retained Marner or other

Yaa umm 90+ point Marner is worth more than 7 million dollars to any team. His contract is half paid out he probably has massive value to a few teams

Reactions: Beleafer34

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don’t even know where to start....
This is garbage and if there was a licence required to post trade proposals , yours should be cut up and burned I front of you with no chance or renewing for a decade .

You want a team to swoop in and overpay for Nyl AND give cap relief.
You be waiting a long, long, long time for that.

The garbage is your dishonesty and lack of forthrightness.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yaa umm 90+ point Marner is worth more than 7 million dollars to any team. His contract is half paid out he probably has massive value to a few teams

Not aware some of his salary may already be paid, reducing real dollars if a suitor got him.

No knock there, just speaking to reality that few teams can afford him; most will have to send at least some salary the other way. The (almost) 11m per is such a huge number some of it will surely have to be retained.
Math says the more retained, the more suitors can think about squeezing him in.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
I would like to see the Flyers make a play for Nylander. Would something around Ghost for Nylander be a decent starting point? I'd propose a risk/reward deal for both teams...

TO PHI
- Nylander
- Liljegren

TO TOR
- Patrick
- Gostisbehere

... this deal is risky for Philly IF Patrick can stay semi-healthy. If he does, the Leafs get a phenomenal return for Nylander. If Patrick can't stay healthy, it will come down to Nylander vs. Gostisbehere as I feel Liljegren is an absolute scratch-off ticket.

What a pathetic offer. Only guys on the Flyers that get the conversation going are Konecny, Myers, Sanheim etc, which I would assume are non starters for PHI anyway

Reactions: Rob Brown

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Not even close. Nylander will return a lot more than that. The price for Willy Nylander is sky high. Try top pairing D.

Finding a top pairing D that is on the block is super hard and most teams won’t be trading them. It’s tough moving high end players

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think any of the big boys move this off season, maybe next if little or no progress is made but not this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad