Speculation: William Nylander on the move?

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Nah, Dubas won't trade him.

That'd be admitting his plan is flawed. Can't trade a core piece, not after saying earlier that they wouldn't be moved.

Totally agree. I believe, unfortunately, that we will be fighting just to make the playoffs, because of how stubborn Dubas is.
I feel in order to properly address our defence and bottom six, we need to trade Nylander, or possibly Marner (bigger cap hit, so hopefully there’d be more room to make significant changes, but few if any teams being able to absorb that cap hit, even though the actual dollars being paid is lower).

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Brady being tenacious and hard hitter. Gets into the dirty areas and makes his presence known is a fact. Nylander being perimeter player. Doesnr go to dirty areas, doesn't check or play physical. Thats a fact. As for the emotional response. It seems that is coming from you.

I might be wrong, but didn’t Nylander lead the league (or was in the top 3 or 5 of players) in scoring from in close where there is always lots of contact?
But I do agree with the fact that he isn’t physical.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Reactions: Marner4Life

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I might be wrong, but didn’t Nylander lead the league (or was in the top 3 or 5 of players) in scoring from in close where there is always lots of contact?
But I do agree with the fact that he isn’t physical.

Correct. Nylander being a "perimeter player" is pure bullshit that HF continues to shamelessly push.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
leafs are dumb if they trade nylander. think dubas learned his lesson from kadri trade.

They weren’t dumb for trading Kadri (I really liked him, but could you take a chance he would be available for as long as the Leafs might be in the playoffs), Dubas was dumb for wanting another offensive dman rather than a defence-first dman.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Dubas's comments about the core and the depth lead me to believe that he will not be trading any core piece, but will ship out guys like Kerfoot, Johnsson, and Dermott to fill the hole on the right side, and then back-fill the depth with budget signings.

I might be wrong, but I don’t think you could get a top 4 dman with any of those players.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Actually if you’d bothered to watch Nylander most of his goals come from the inside; slot, around the net. He’s also excellent at possession and zone entries, but no he isn’t a hitter.

Your facts seem to always include non-facts.

Make a poll then, if your so sure, I’m sure Brady will win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad