Waived: Wild waive Teemu Pulkkinen (cleared)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think he's going to destroy it in the KHL. He just can't find the time and space in the NHL. But when he has that time and space, look out. He can really burn you.

Sure sounds like a guy who could take advantage of the bigger ice. You can have a great shot but if it takes you that extra half second to get it off in the nhl than the opposition will be all over you and deflect it. Everything happens so fast in the nhl and you just don't have the luxury of loading up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't understand why the Wings didn't claim him back. If no one else would have put in a claim (which is what happened), they'd be able to send Pulkkinen to the AHL.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't understand why the Wings didn't claim him back. If no one else would have put in a claim (which is what happened), they'd be able to send Pulkkinen to the AHL.

Yeah, it's a little strange. Pulkkinen is definitely a massive improvement for every single AHL team.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Yeah, it's a little strange. Pulkkinen is definitely a massive improvement for every single AHL team.

I think we didn't reclaim, because it would be kinda a dick move to the player in question.

By Waiving him, we have "unofficially" stated that Mantha and AA are ahead of him. One of those guys is in the NHL right now, one in the AHL.

To reclaim Pulkinnen would be to put him in the AHL the rest of the year. He would never be called up, and his NHL dreams are over.

At least in Minn, he can prove himself to be the first call up, and excel in their farm system.

I mean i do not know where he would stack up in the Minn. system, but i know he is dead in the water in detroit. And its a "favor" to the player NOT to pick him back up. He would be a free valuable asset for our AHL team, but is not fair to our own developing players, or Pulkkinen himself.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I think Pulks, at this stage at least, would find a lot more success on bigger ice surface.
He still has a shot but, more and more it looks like NHL just isn't the league for him.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
You were being a jerk about something that not everybody knows.

Rules regarding a player formerly being waived by a team and then claimed by them aren't exactly a basic part of the waivers concept.
Everybody should know it, because it's a fallacy that's been repeated and corrected around here ad nauseum, hell in this very thread a poster correctly points out the rule. And it is basic.

Most of all, a beat writer for an NHL team should know it.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
God forbid someone not know all the rules of the nhl, and instead ask a minor question?

I wanted Calgary to claim him just because of our Ahl team, be good for Janko and Klimmer. But he is a slow bro.

Ummm nobody asked, a media person tweeted something that was wrong, it got posted here and was corrected.

Asking is fine, someone will answer, nobody did, at least not in this recent conversation you're *****ing about for some reason.

I would say that someone in the media probably should know the rules before they tweet them out yes.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
even in the more wide open nhl, undersized guys who play this soft still aren't very valuable to a team.

a guy like this can score 20 goals on a 4th line and still make your team weaker... but a lot of fans just get dazzled by the skills.

grit/effort to defense/battle still matter alot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2