Waived: Wild waive Teemu Pulkkinen (cleared)

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
So why did they bother waiving Frk then? Mantha? AA??

Good riddance Pulkinnen. Fade away from the net a little more....

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Wow... Kind of surprised on this one. Thought he'd be given another shot on playing full time this season

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Because using players like Ott and Drew Miller is better than playing Frk and Pulkkinen :shakehead

Holland is a mess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
San Jose going to take Condon, I'm guessing.

and lol at Holland. Ott gets a contract and out goes Frk and Pulkkinen. :laugh:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Not likely he passes through all the way down to Chicagos spot, but they 100% should be taking a flier on him and stick him next to Toews and see what he does.

If they were interested in trading for Yakupov, they should 100% try to claim Pulk for free

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
San Jose going to take Condon, I'm guessing.

and lol at Holland. Ott gets a contract and out goes Frk and Pulkkinen. :laugh:

You haven't watched either of them much have you?

Pulkinnen is garbage. He is a great AHL player that can't do that up here. And I'll tell you why. He isn't that great at getting open, he's always out there on the PP and never gets to shoot, he just can't seem to find a "knack" for open ice.

IF he does shoot it, he's fading away from the net. That is one huge reason I liked Frk over Pulkinnen. His release was quicker, and he didn't float away as much, and put it on net. Pulkinnen never hits the net. I think that guy had 2 slapshot goals for us.

And on top of it, Pulkinnen is always panicking with the puck. He is NOT calm/collected. His decisions are always borderline and he has a tendency to kind of throw the puck into an "area" rather than know what to do right away and give a tape to tape pass.

He has one quality. A hard shot. That at the NHL level he fades away too much letting goalies stop him, or it goes wide and out of the zone. Cya later Pulk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad