Proposal: Wild blow up the entire team?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Think Brodin is getting the short end of it here. Brodin did pretty well in the series, the last game he was on the ice for some goals but Dubnyk wasn't exactly stellar either.

It's not that we want Brodin gone or think he's bad, but he has more trade value than Seeler and Olafsson and we need to use that trade value to return a big fish.

Reactions: Timj5304

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's not that we want Brodin gone or think he's bad, but he has more trade value than Seeler and Olafsson and we need to use that trade value to return a big fish.

What kind of big fish are you after?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would Coyle to Vancouver cost?

We'd likely be looking at packaging players to upgrade, not trading our players for multiple parts.

That said, it would be nothing you'd be interested in giving up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What kind of big fish are you after?

No idea who's available, but the current strategy isn't working with these players we have. We should have jumped on the Seguin trade when that happened, so now we need to try to find a deal like that. Though, I'm not holding my breath for anything even close this offseason.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What would Coyle to Vancouver cost?
If the Wild were trading with Vancouver, they would likely be targeting someone like Brock Boeser.

Think of what you think the cost of him would be, and try to come up with a package.

I'm guessing Coyle alone doesn't get that deal done.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the Wild were trading with Vancouver, they would likely be targeting someone like Brock Boeser.

Think of what you think the cost of him would be, and try to come up with a package.

I'm guessing Coyle alone doesn't get that deal done.

I'd be extremely interested in Pettersson too.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No idea who's available, but the current strategy isn't working with these players we have. We should have jumped on the Seguin trade when that happened, so now we need to try to find a deal like that. Though, I'm not holding my breath for anything even close this offseason.

Yeah I couldn't imagine...I mean maybe RNH for Dumba?

I don't want to speak for Oilers fans though. RNH is one of the few centres that *might* be available out there. The ship has probably sailed on Galchenyuk as a centre.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I don't want to speak for Oilers fans though. RNH is one of the few centres that *might* be available out there. The ship has probably sailed on Galchenyuk as a centre.

Absolutely f*** not.

RNH is not even close to the answer and Dumba isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: TaLoN

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Either/or. We're in no position to turn down any forward position that can inject high end skill into the lineup.

Well you should get a good player if you move Brodin.

Anyone in particular you’d like to get?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Absolutely **** not.

Don't know what else to suggest.

Maybe Brodin+ for ROR? Centres are very difficult to find.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Absolutely **** not.

Yes, take Dumba right off the table... trading away Dumba does not help the Wild at all in their quest. They need to add to what he brings, not trade him away in the process.

Granlund and Dumba are non-starters in any trade talks at this point.

Don't know what else to suggest.

Maybe Brodin+ for ROR? Centres are very difficult to find.
It doesn't have to be a center.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd be interested to see what some of Arizona's young guys cost. Perlini, Dvorak, Domi.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doubt Vancouver moves him.
I agree. That doesn't mean there isn't a player of that type that can be had somewhere else.

Zucker carries a lot of value at this point, entering his prime, and package him with Coyle and I'd guess you can entice a few teams.

We're not wanting to trade Zucker because he's a bad player, we're looking to trade Zucker because the roster as it sits doesn't work in the post season, and needs to be reworked a bit.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Or looking at a guy like Monahan, where his team isn't exactly performing how they want, and maybe you give two guys a change of scenery in a deal around Coyle for Monahan. Maybe you even go as far as Monahan+Andersson for Coyle+Brodin or something.

Reactions: TaLoN

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yes, take Dumba right off the table... trading away Dumba does not help the Wild at all in their quest. They need to add to what he brings, not trade him away in the process.

Granlund and Dumba are non-starters in any trade talks at this point.

It doesn't have to be a center.

I figure a centre would be needed, you have a lot of good wingers already and both Staal and Koivu are getting up there.

Brodin for Jeff Carter?

As someone said, 33 years old. Time has indeed flown by.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I figure a centre would be needed, you have a lot of good wingers already and both Staal and Koivu are getting up there.

Center would of course be ideal, but if the right winger comes along this summer we're in no position to say "no thanks we'll wait for the center". Our "lot of good wingers" aren't really helping this team (obviously), so replacing them is no skin of my back.

Keep Granlund and Dumba (and of course Suter, Parise and Koivu), but everyone else can be had for the right price.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad