Proposal: Wild blow up the entire team?

Timj5304

Dec 27, 2015
At this point who should we even retain outside of the bad contracts of Suter and Parise whom we are stuck with til death.

First points of order
1. Fire the idiot whom created this problem, Chuck Fletcher
2. Buyout Parise with a Rick DiPietro/Bobby Bonilla deal that pays til 2068
3. Change the identity of the team and get players whom play the physical style of Boudreau’s coaching mentality. Get rid of these soft players whom have size but play smaller like Neiderreiter, Coyle and Brodin.

I don’t care if guys are 6’3 and 230, you have to play that size not 5’8 170. Spurgeon plays bigger than these guys

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
they will just blame this year's loss on Suter's injury. Nothing on the team will change aside from minor stuff.
While I don't think that the OP is all that coherent, if you don't think there's at least one big trade coming for Minnesota this offseason you aren't paying attention.

Reactions: FVM

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
While I don't think that the OP is all that coherent, if you don't think there's at least one big trade coming for Minnesota this offseason you aren't paying attention.
well there's truth to that in that I don't follow the team closely. Is there any quotes from the higher ups that change is coming?

To me, just looking at their situation as an outsider, even though they aren't as elite as they want to be, they still have a lot more to lose than they have to gain if they make radical changes.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
well there's truth to that in that I don't follow the team closely. Is there any quotes from the higher ups that change is coming?

To me, just looking at their situation as an outsider, even though they aren't as elite as they want to be, they still have a lot more to lose than they have to gain if they make radical changes.
Not direct quotes, but give it a few weeks. The closest we have right now is Russo reporting that people within Leipold's "inner circle" are pushing for Fletcher to get the boot. It may or may not happen, but there's no way there isn't significant pressure make a major adjustment.

"Radical changes" would probably be going too far. But moving one of Zucker, Coyle, Nino or Brodin? I wouldn't consider that radical.

Reactions: TaLoN and Timj5304

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
2. Buyout Parise with a Rick DiPietro/Bobby Bonilla deal that pays til 2068

Don't think this could happen give the NMC both guys have but Ladd for Parise :P

On a side note if you want to buy out Parise I would wait till the next CBA and hope for compliance buyouts

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yeah, as a Flyers fan I'd be after some of that sweet, sweet forward depth in the form of Nino or Charlie. Big middle-6 guys who can play 200 feet are at a premium and precisely what the team needs to complement all the youth. Shame Koivu signed an extension there.

Timj5304

Dec 27, 2015
The biggest issue I have is the terrible trade at the deadline last year for Hanzal and White giving up a 1st, 2nd and prospect for 2 rentals. All the size queens love Hanzal but yet again a big guy who’s limited speed wise, not real physical and decent on the faceoff as the real plus he brought. White just is physical but has a terrible +/-.

If you sit and think about it, being in the 6-8 playoff spot year after year isn’t anything special. It isn’t the NFL where only 12 of 32 teams make the playoffs. 16/31 make the playoffs, the final few spots in each conference are basically the same as the first few whom don’t make the playoffs, average of the NHL, mediocre, not good enough to play in June or even May.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Then they will continue to be a mediocre team. They are in the worst place possible: Never good enough to be cup contenders. Never bad enough to tank & get good picks.
But they are winning games and making the playoffs, so it is not the worst place possible. The worst place possible is what a team like Carolina is in. They are never good enough to be a cup contender, but never bad enough to tank for a new core. Except, they are also not making the playoffs.

So yes, there is a lot at stake for them. If the gamble and win, they might get the cup. If they gamble and lose, they could be in Carolina's position.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The big question is what value do Suter and Parise hold with their monster contracts? Still both valuable players, but their contracts are anchors.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
suter was out relax, take out any team's best player and they will take a huge hit.

this series was done before it even started.
Even if they did have Suter they still had no chance
Wild need to retool/rebuild. The current core isn’t good enough to go far but also isn’t bad enough to be a bottom 10 team. They need to get Kaprizov over, hope Kunin pans out and sell high on Staal. Kaprizov, Kunin, and Greenway are all really good-good prospects. Trade Nino and Coyle as well to shake it up.
That Hanzal trade was a bad move at the time and looks 10 times worse now
They need to also pray for a compliance buy out and do really well this draft. I think they can have a Rangers-like start to their rebuild. They have some good, young pieces but they need to trade the older guys who don’t have a future with them, make the team younger and pray for a draft like the Rangers had last year. Grab a couple extra picks in this draft and also grab some prospects close to NHL ready, go for boom-bust guys as well

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
No offense to wild fans, but with or without suter being out, did you really expect a Bruce boudreau coached team to take you anywhere? He is notoriously a horrible playoff coach and doesn't know how to adjust

Reactions: Jackets Fan

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Niederreiter, Brodin and Granlund to Edmonton would make sense. Think RNH could land you all three plus a 2019 1st.

Although I don't think Minnesota should blow it all up JUST... yet.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
EDM 2018 1st (barring lottery win) + one of Benning/Bear get the conversation started for Dumba?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00