Proposal: Wild blow up the entire team?

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
True Talon...Dumba at 5.5mil for 6yrs and Zucker for 4.5/5 mil for 4-yrs. Buyout Ennis saves 2mil and left with plenty to bring in a 3/4line center and Dman plus 4th liners. It gives us a shot but no reason to blow it up. If Blowing it up, wait till next deadline and trade stahl, not guys that are young and have reasonable contracts.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
True Talon...Dumba at 5.5mil for 6yrs and Zucker for 4.5/5 mil for 4-yrs. Buyout Ennis saves 2mil and left with plenty to bring in a 3/4line center and Dman plus 4th liners. It gives us a shot but no reason to blow it up. If Blowing it up, wait till next deadline and trade stahl, not guys that are young and have reasonable contracts.
I'm wanting more of a move than that. I'll trade Zucker/Coyle/Brodin of it means significant return and changes the chemistry both skill and attitude wise.

Doing nothing but what you suggest would mean spinning the tires another season and being in the same spot next year... I'm willing to risk a mistake for the sake of being bold to try to get this team to progress.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The Wild are a really good team with lots of depth when healthy. They were fantastic last year and dealt with some major injuries this year (Nino and Coyle didn't look right at all). They still have lots of prospects ready to go, maybe sign a mid level FA or two and this team will be competitive in 2018-19.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
:wildEthan Bear and 2018 EDM first+(+?)

:edmonton Matt Dumba + Jason Zucker

Oil get a legit RHD to move the puck and QB the PP. Zucker probably becomes a 40-40 guy alongside McDavid.

What's the plus from Edmonton?

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm sure the playoff loss hurts, but this is too much.

You don't blow up a playoff team. You just keep working with the pieces and make incremental changes.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Oil get a legit RHD to move the puck and QB the PP. Zucker probably becomes a 40-40 guy alongside McDavid.

I don't think there is a deal to be made with the Oilers for Dumba. Moving a former 7th overall, that's developed superbly, right after he's broken out for the 9th overall seems counterproductive. I think you'd have to apply a lot of leverage to pull either Granlund or Dumba right now.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Haven't read this entire thread, but no, I don't believe the Wild need a total blowup. Few teams do. Blow up is a typical fan over reaction and not practical or necessary. Winnipeg didn't do a complete blow up to get good, they drafted over years and years and it is coming to fruition, with a few trades by the GM.

Good teams don't need to get rid of many players, they just need to keep what they have and supplement them. The Wild just need a few good players.

In big trades, the team that gets the best player wins, so trading their best for a collection of lesser players (assuming both GM's understand the value when making the trade), makes no sense, unless the Wild just can't fill a roster otherwise.

Trading quantity for quality would make some sense, but then what other GM would do that? It does happen, and if the Wild have some players in the pipeline, it could make some sense from their perspective.

The good old fashioned hockey trade, from areas of depth (D) for more scoring might help, but is hardly a blow up.

Trading a known commodity for a good first round pick has its ups and downs, with no immediate result, plus no guaranteed the player at position X is any better than the one they could pick at Y. And, they would have to replace the player they traded somehow, unless, see above, since one for one trades don't add to the number of good assets a team has. In any case where you give up an asset, you need to get at least an equal number back.

Basically, they can draft a Phenom or score in UFA, or hopefully both, getting great new players without giving up other assets. And hope your GM makes all the right moves, which is what it takes to build a special team.

Just like the 30 other teams (save Vegas which had the expansion draft)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I've said it before but I would do a deal with Nylander and Dumba as center pieces.. Not sure if that is 1 to 1 value to be honest when offers for 9th OA are being made and Nylander >>> 9th OA. I like that he plays with some physicality and is a RD. Can play on the top pairing with Rielly and if Zaitsev rebounds the right side is a lot better.

If Tavares comes come I do the deal, as Tavares can replace Nylander at center for the future.

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016

A pretty god damn big plus. I wouldn’t do that for Dumba alone let alone add Zucker.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I would give up a lot for Spurgeon, but I doubt they deal him unless they go for a true rebuild.

Likewise, he'd be the perfect add to the dcore. Spurgeon+ Coyle/Nino/Zucker for Nylander+ would be one of the few realistic scenarios that it would make sense to move Willy imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad