Proposal: Wild blow up the entire team?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As an outsider, the Wild have quite a good team, but not a great team. And with the core they have, they’re never going to go on a deep run. I don’t know what the answer is, but it’s the not the coach.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I hate the first week or so after a big loss when all the know nothings come out of the woodwork and tell you what's wrong with your team. Fans of truly good teams are usually more humble..because they realize that success in the NHL is balanced on a knife edge.

Reactions: FVM and King Weber

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I would get rid of Charlie Coyle tbh, he was useless in the playoffs, and can atleast get an asset back.

Remove Boudreau as quick as possible.

Parise and Suter are still valuable players despite their contracts, so I'd keep them for now, and plus it would be difficult to move them to begin with.

Buying Parise out would be stupid, given what he showed.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would get rid of Charlie Coyle tbh, he was useless in the playoffs, and can atleast get an asset back.
Zucker was even more useless in the playoffs and can likely get a better asset back...

Maybe the best option is to package the two together to maximize the return for both?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The big question is what value do Suter and Parise hold with their monster contracts? Still both valuable players, but their contracts are anchors.
Suter still has some value, but Parise is one of the worst contracts in the league. Maybe they'll be lucky to get Lucic in return for him.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Zucker was even more useless and can likely get a better asset back...

Maybe the best option is to package the two together to maximize the return for both?

Yeah, that would be great, move them when their value is high. Between the two, I like Zucker more.

What is Kaprizov's status?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That sucks considering he was eager to play in this league.
The Wild need someone with his skill level more than ever too. Oh well, nothing you can do but work with what you've got. I've got him out of sight and out of mind until he comes over.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
The Wild need someone with his skill level more than ever too. Oh well, nothing you can do but work with what you've got. I've got him out of sight and out of mind until he comes over.

What is the future outlook for the team right now within 1-2 years?

It doesn't seem like significant changes will be made.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What is the future outlook for the team right now within 1-2 years?

It doesn't seem like significant changes will be made.
With the pressure apparently being felt at the ownership level... even if Fletcher keeps his job, I would expect a significant move of some sort to happen with the roster.

The roster as is, doesn't have that much creativity in the offensive zone. Only Granlund is really good at creating space for himself and/or others in both puck handling and passing.

The passing especially amongst the rest seems very sloppy in general, causing the play to overall slow down, which IMO is a big part of the team's struggle in scoring goals.

They need to find a way to bring better puck skill players into the lineup.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think Niederreiter, Brodin and Granlund to Edmonton would make sense. Think RNH could land you all three plus a 2019 1st.

Although I don't think Minnesota should blow it all up JUST... yet.
By RNH you meant McDavid right? I think Minny has to add a little to their 2019 1st, NN, Granlund and Brodin to get McJesus

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Wild need a Hall/Panarin type trade to push them over the top. Id say those dont come around too often but its been back to back years now so you never know.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Niederreiter, Brodin and Granlund to Edmonton would make sense. Think RNH could land you all three plus a 2019 1st.

RNH for Nino, Brodin and Granlund? Are you serious? Granlund alone is better than RNH. How the hell do you think RNH and a 1st would get all 3?

Besides the fact that Granlund is the least likely to be traded from the entire roster.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016

You don’t actually believe this, right?

That’s such an awful trade, and you want us to include a 1st as well? Are you shipping Draisitli with RNH, too?

Last edited:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think the Leafs would be interested in Brodin. I'm kinda curious about Coyle which is weird cause we're on the verge of losing a big but soft skilled offensive guy in JVR already.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
EDM 2018 1st (barring lottery win) + one of Benning/Bear get the conversation started for Dumba?

No it wouldn’t, Dumba to EDM doesn’t make sense. He is someone we should hold on to. The only way I would trade Dumba is in a package for a young potential 1C, and seeing as how that is not happening I don’t see a trade between the two teams.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hope you can pull a Seguin to Dallas type deal this summer. Package Coyle and Brodin or something to get a high potential guy who needs a change of scenery or isn't getting along with his management.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
RNH for Nino, Brodin and Granlund? Are you serious? Granlund alone is better than RNH. How the hell do you think RNH and a 1st would get all 3?

Besides the fact that Granlund is the least likely to be traded from the entire roster.
I think you're paying the 1st if I read it correctly

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No it wouldn’t, Dumba to EDM doesn’t make sense. He is someone we should hold on to. The only way I would trade Dumba is in a package for a young potential 1C, and seeing as how that is not happening I don’t see a trade between the two teams.
Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, Granlund and Dumba are the only true untouchables at this point.

I think you're paying the 1st if I read it correctly
As if the idea even as I took it wasn't insane enough... you're right, I misread it... and that really makes an already insane idea all that much more insane. :facepalm:

There's no way that post could have been serious...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Think Brodin is getting the short end of it here. Brodin did pretty well in the series, the last game he was on the ice for some goals but Dubnyk wasn't exactly stellar either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad