Why they traded Hall (article)

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
My main point is, its been 73 pages of your thread. There's so many other threads that you can pretty much talk Oilers related. The Draft is one example, since we're going to be drafting high again. But instead of that, your damn post history is filled with this thread of you saying the same crap over and over. Its beyond the point of tiresome. Give it a ****ing rest.

I think the only time that guy has posted about anything non-Hall related it was to question whether McDavid should be captain. LOL

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
My main point is, its been 73 pages of your thread. There's so many other threads that you can pretty much talk Oilers related. The Draft is one example, since we're going to be drafting high again. But instead of that, your damn post history is filled with this thread of you saying the same crap over and over. Its beyond the point of tiresome. Give it a ****ing rest.

it's honestly so funny. i'll post what I post. this post/thread goes nowhere if guys like you don't respond. heck this thread might die in 10 pages but you guys keep responding. if I was a troll... aren't you just playing right into my hands. you should know by now...over 70 pages worth that you'll never change my mind.... yet you keep fueling the thread you hate so much by responding. you take the time to slag me because like I said, deep down you know there's truth in what I say. if it was so offbase and irrelevant you'd just ignore it. but you can't help yourself because you have to desperately try and counteract the truth about hall in your own way. i'll wait for your response to this post....

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
it's honestly so funny. i'll post what I post. this post/thread goes nowhere if guys like you don't respond. heck this thread might die in 10 pages but you guys keep responding. if I was a troll... aren't you just playing right into my hands. you should know by now...over 70 pages worth that you'll never change my mind.... yet you keep fueling the thread you hate so much by responding. you take the time to slag me because like I said, deep down you know there's truth in what I say. if it was so offbase and irrelevant you'd just ignore it. but you can't help yourself because you have to desperately try and counteract the truth about hall in your own way. i'll wait for your response to this post....

So you call others out on being ignorant and attacking your opinion, but here you are just stating that "you'll never change my mind." My, oh my, you have a bigger ego than Kevin Lowe himself.

Reactions: harpoon

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Base it on hockey but ignore actual on-ice results because you don't like fancy stats like "gaols for/against."

why? the lead up to the team on the ice affects how the team performs on the ice. if you have a "leader" bungling practices, that hurts the team. if you have a him not buy in it negatively affects the team. if he causes a rift or a negative presence in the room it can affect the team cohesivness on the ice and that can make a world of difference. if you have one of your best players always moping around feeling sorry for himself of course it negatively affects the team.

but on ice here... well I often saw a lazy player, irresponsible, didn't care much for defence and supporting the breakout, a not great hockey iq, head down player, coughing up terrible turnovers at the worst times, trying to beat 3 players on a rush with the worst toe drag you'll ever see in the NHL, a player cheating to get his offence to pad his stats. hey it's great he got the points. he's not a bad offensive player. just overrated here and point is overall what he provided in his time here he was not a big loss and the other intangible negatives he contributed here forced the trade which was the right thing to do.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
why? the lead up to the team on the ice affects how the team performs on the ice. if you have a "leader" bungling practices, that hurts the team. if you have a him not buy in it negatively affects the team. if he causes a rift or a negative presence in the room it can affect the team cohesivness on the ice and that can make a world of difference. if you have one of your best players always moping around feeling sorry for himself of course it negatively affects the team.

but on ice here... well I often saw a lazy player, irresponsible, didn't care much for defence and supporting the breakout, a not great hockey iq, head down player, coughing up terrible turnovers at the worst times, trying to beat 3 players on a rush with the worst toe drag you'll ever see in the NHL, a player cheating to get his offence to pad his stats. hey it's great he got the points. he's not a bad offensive player. just overrated here and point is overall what he provided in his time here he was not a big loss and the other intangible negatives he contributed here forced the trade which was the right thing to do.

LMFAO

If thats the case McDavid and Draisailt are next on your shit list LMFAO

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
We need to make a gif. That moment when you get a notification someone posted in the Hall thread and you know you're gonna get a laugh

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
We need to make a gif. That moment when you get a notification someone posted in the Hall thread and you know you're gonna get a laugh

giphy.gif

more like..

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Gold.
Pure gold.
You tell ‘em HK97!
They never played, they don’t even know.
So you call others out on being ignorant and attacking your opinion, but here you are just stating that "you'll never change my mind." My, oh my, you have a bigger ego than Kevin Lowe himself.
Ya but HK97 is a better hockey player than all the rest of us here combined! He doesn't have to change his opinion! It'd be pretty funny if he actually turned out to be Andrew Ference though, meaning he wasn't actually bullshitting. :biglaugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Taylor Hall with 3 points and the OT winner in must win game for the Devils. Guess Klefbom was wrong when he said Hall only performed in meaningless games.

He's making a serious case for the Hart like MacKinnon. Both are certainly deserving of the award. Happy for Hall.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Man you guys...
Saw the thread and thought HK97 was back and educating us all again.
Disappointing.
;)

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Taylor Hall with 3 points and the OT winner in must win game for the Devils. Guess Klefbom was wrong when he said Hall only performed in meaningless games.

Klefbom doesn't Understand what meaningless games are

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What a performance by Hall.
2 assists and OT game winner.
Can't wait for hk97's latest thoughts on what a cancerous loser he is.
Klefbom doesn't Understand what meaningless games are
I think you mean to say he doesn't know what meaningful games are.
Klefbom should have just kept his mouth shut. I'm sure even he realizes this now.
Hopefully he learned something about how to speak in public.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Klefbom should have just kept his mouth shut. I'm sure even he realizes this now.

Yeah kinda was trying to play his own words into hall playing meaningful games. Kinda failed almost as hard as Oilers

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
huh?

Reactions: belair

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Any truth to the rumor McDavid's dad wasn't happy with him living with hall? Seems like he had issues with some of halls off ice activities.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Any truth to the rumor McDavid's dad wasn't happy with him living with hall? Seems like he had issues with some of halls off ice activities.

A little birdie chirped when it happened that management was definitely upset. They wanted him to go live with Smyth. And not saying that Hall was a bad influence in hindsight, but it definitely went against managements plans at the time, which upset them as far as gameplan

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
pft. one game. and did you even see his points? a meaningless secondary pp assist, a flukey secondary assist where he botched the pass. he squeezes one five hole from a nice play by hischier springing him on a clear cut breakaway. sure he's playing well but I think he's likely still overrated this year somewhat. I've seen a bunch of his points and it's secondary assists galore with a bunch of flukey bounces where he actually bungles the puck.

he gets put in position to succeed points-wise. and ya, he's definitely taking advantage of it this year but I would guess he's probably not as good as his points indicate.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

this is dumb. just because he may be doing well in NJ and doing well in meaningful games there it sure as heck didn't mean he was that here because klef was bang on.

this is what you guys don't seem to understand. playing fine in NJ THIS year does NOT equate to playing well here in Edmonton. they are two different periods of time.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
pft. one game. and did you even see his points? a meaningless secondary pp assist, a flukey secondary assist where he botched the pass. he squeezes one five hole from a nice play by hischier springing him on a clear cut breakaway.
Yeah, the OT winner in a must win game is totally meaningless.

sure he's playing well but I think he's likely still overrated this year somewhat. I've seen a bunch of his points and it's secondary assists galore with a bunch of flukey bounces where he actually bungles the puck.

he gets put in position to succeed points-wise. and ya, he's definitely taking advantage of it this year but I would guess he's probably not as good as his points indicate.
He's 14th in the league in primary points with 58 but as usual I'm sure your eye test means more than the stats.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, the OT winner in a must win game is totally meaningless.

He's 14th in the league in primary points with 58 but as usual I'm sure your eye test means more than the stats.

actually the first assist he got today was also a botched pass. he meant to go to the guy in the slot but missed him and it went across to a guy at the point.

I've seen his "primary" points. a lot of lucky bounces. the two apples in mtl. sifts a puck at the net. lucky bounce to his player. second one, botched a one T and bounces off two players to maroon for a tip. hey he's getting points, great, all I'm saying is he's likely not as good as his points indicate. though I may be wrong since I'm basing it a bit off what I saw in Edmonton because I know he CERTAINLY was not as good as his pts indicated here.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
actually the first assist he got today was also a botched pass. he meant to go to the guy in the slot but missed him and it went across to a guy at the point.

I've seen his "primary" points. a lot of lucky bounces. the two apples in mtl. sifts a puck at the net. lucky bounce to his player. second one, botched a one T and bounces off two players to maroon for a tip. hey he's getting points, great, all I'm saying is he's likely not as good as his points indicate. though I may be wrong since I'm basing it a bit off what I saw in Edmonton because I know he CERTAINLY was not as good as his pts indicated here.
Prove it. Objective stats say he's been excellent and one of the best players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad