Why they traded Hall (article)

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Holy ****, did Eakins really get defended in this thread?
There's only one poster doing that. HK97. Even the staunchest of Chiarelli and Hall/Larsson defenders are telling him to **** off at this point. Like I said, either his sister or girlfriend slept with Taylor Hall, or he's friends/family with someone who has beef with Hall (Andrew Ference?)

Reactions: McAsuno

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
There's only one poster doing that. HK97. Even the staunchest of Chiarelli and Hall/Larsson defenders are telling him to **** off at this point. Like I said, either his sister or girlfriend slept with Taylor Hall, or he's friends/family with someone who has beef with Hall (Andrew Ference?)

so funny. hall lovers beef: "don't bash hall, character assassination is immoral and not right!" (even though it's just based off articles). turns around and trashes the character of Eakins, ference, looch etc etc and makes false claims and trashes other posters with classless remarks. enough said. you lose we win. hall was part of the problem here end story.

Reactions: McNuge

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
You know the argument is on its last legs when you're getting mad people are trashing Eakins.

You mean to tell me the worst coach in oilers history and the worst captain (maybe 2nd worst) in oilers history along with the worst UFA signing in oiler history are getting trashed?

As far as personal attacks Ference has been called a bad captain and a shill. Both related to performance. Lucic's called lazy again related to performance.

That's different then obsessing about Hall for 2 years screaming to everyone he is a bigger cancer than Evander Kane

hjghkabsdkc

Nov 17, 2017
Imagine thinking trading a guy like Taylor Hall was a good idea.

Oh wait, we have that buffoon as our GM.

Wonder what assets he's going to sell low on this summer.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You know the argument is on its last legs when you're getting mad people are trashing Eakins.

You mean to tell me the worst coach in oilers history and the worst captain (maybe 2nd worst) in oilers history along with the worst UFA signing in oiler history are getting trashed?

As far as personal attacks Ference has been called a bad captain and a shill. Both related to performance. Lucic's called lazy again related to performance.

That's different then obsessing about Hall for 2 years screaming to everyone he is a bigger cancer than Evander Kane

Hey, you guys do your thing, making lewd opinionated comments about other posters (who don't agree with you), chia, ference, looch Eakins etc and I’ll go do my own thing assessing hall based on articles and what I saw of hall in his time here. I rarely if ever anymore bring up things I hear about him from very sound solid sources .

You guys go ahead and call chia a buffoon idiot etc for hundreds of pages in a dozen different threads, and i’ll go and state my opinion that hall in his time here was lazy, didn’t buy into team play, a bit selfish, disliked by his teammates, didn’t listen to his coaches, a bit of a dumb player, overrated in skill, shi77y toe dragger, didn’t practice well, coach killer, immature, net negative for the Oilers, poor professional, and overall problem for the organization here based on what I saw and articles written.

You guys continue to make classless and false insults at other posters as well… it just shows you have zero good retort because you know there is truth in some of the negatives about hall and it also shines light on your character.

You say Ference is a bad Capt… ok maybe he wasn’t great but one of hall lovers arguments is that the team had a crap roster and even hall couldn’t make the team succeed… yet you blame ference for being a crap captain? Maybe he couldn’t get the team going because the roster was not great AND because he did not have buy in from guys like Hall etc to make the team a bit better. Same goes with Eakins. I'm not a fan of either but I'm saying part of their failures is not all on them... like a part of why hall was a problem here was not all on him.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
And you continue your lame 73 pages slagging of a player who hasn't been an Oiler for two seasons now. Yawn.

I just respond to your guys' posts. if it's such a non topic, don't reply. fact is you guys whine a (mod) just as much about pining over wanting hall back or (mod) on about how we shouldn't have traded hall. so my assessing hall as a problem here and why he was traded is pertinent. you don't like it because you like hall. I really don't care if you like hall or not and will state my opinion. so don't you and other guys like Trafalgar Law tell me I can't post these opinions. you can choose to ignore them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like having a team that has two scoring lines.

I like having a team that isn't a pile of dog crap talent wise around McDavid and Draisaitl.

Where's Montreal gone using this same logic? Right next to the Oilers in the NHL toilet. Looks like all the "character" sure helped them become a better team.

Phil Kessel was widely bashed as being a cancer/poor leader ... is a central piece of two Stanley Cup wins.

Oilers are in the toilet bowl of the NHL, Taylor Hall should be a finalist for the Hart trophy.

Hard to argue against the results. The media/fans who were down on Hall/Subban/Kessel got it wrong every time. Canadian fanbase/media pressure is honestly full of a lot of stupidity too.

They'll all be on your jock strap when things are good, but hate you the moment you don't deliver wins or dare to have a personality (or eat a hot dog in public). The Canadian NHL fishbowl has its fair share of morons who think they're Scotty Bowman and "know the game" because they played at age 15.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I just respond to your guys' posts. if it's such a non topic, don't reply. fact is you guys whine a bi7c9 just as much about pining over wanting hall back or pi$$ing on about how we shouldn't have traded hall. so my assessing hall as a problem here and why he was traded is pertinent. you don't like it because you like hall. I really don't care if you like hall or not and will state my opinion. so don't you and other guys like Trafalgar Law tell me I can't post these opinions. you can choose to ignore them.

Not really. Its about how you continuously slag him over 73 pages. Your post history pages is filled with your slagging of Hall. Its like there's no other threads that are worthy enough of discussion with you, such as the Draft thread. Like, who uses their time to constantly attack a guy who hasn't been an Oiler for two years in 73 pages? You're as bad as those idiotic brats that were slagging at McDavid and his parents in public.

Reactions: harpoon and PGW

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not really. Its about how you continuously slag him over 73 pages. Your post history pages is filled with your slagging of Hall. Its like there's no other threads that are worthy enough of discussion with you, such as the Draft thread. You're as bad as those idiotic brats that were slagging at McDavid and his parents in public.

Honestly if I was an NHL player and I'd be one of the many Canadian players that don't want to play in Canada.

Who needs all the bull shit, along with the 6 month winter, plus crap travel out West. I'll be honest as much as I like the Oilers if I was a player, I'd just as rather play in Florida and have a nice property on the beach and not be bothered by a bunch of morons or have an entire city breathing down my neck when in reality the GM hasn't done his job.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Honestly if I was an NHL player and I'd be one of the many Canadian players that don't want to play in Canada.

Who needs all the bull ****, along with the 6 month winter, plus crap travel out West. I'll be honest as much as I like the Oilers if I was a player, I'd just as rather play in Florida and have a nice property on the beach and not be bothered by a bunch of morons or have an entire city breathing down my neck when in reality the GM hasn't done his job.

At least you won't have to deal with the "Soundwave is a douche of a person, because he ignored me at The Ranch hur durrr."

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I like having a team that has two scoring lines.

I like having a team that isn't a pile of dog crap talent wise around McDavid and Draisaitl.

Where's Montreal gone using this same logic? Right next to the Oilers in the NHL toilet. Looks like all the "character" sure helped them become a better team.

Phil Kessel was widely bashed as being a cancer/poor leader ... is a central piece of two Stanley Cup wins.

Oilers are in the toilet bowl of the NHL, Taylor Hall should be a finalist for the Hart trophy.

Hard to argue against the results. The media/fans who were down on Hall/Subban/Kessel got it wrong every time. Canadian fanbase/media pressure is honestly full of a lot of stupidity too.

They'll all your jock strap when things are good, but hate you the moment you don't deliver wins or dare to have a personality (or eat a hot dog in public). The Canadian NHL fishbowl has its fair share of morons.

results? talk to me a few years down the road. when it's more than just one season.

Oilers were a step away from the third round last year while NJ toiled in the basement. fine, your arguments are pertinent this year but you can't assume the same will happen next year. we saw a huge shift in both the oil and NJ from last year to this. don't assume it can't revert back next year.

and also, my MAIN point isn't that hall won't do well in the future. it's that I believe he was a problem and net negative here and not doing nearly as well as guys like you think he was and needed to be traded to change. and please don't throw your stats at me because I really don't want to retort with all the things ference said etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
At least you won't have to deal with the "Soundwave is a *****e of a person, because he ignored me at The Ranch hur durrr."

Exactly, I wouldn't want to put up with the weirdos that guys like Hall and McDavid and Kessel and Subban likely have to put up with when taking one step outside their home.

Nutcase women that think they're your future wife because you made eye contact, then get drunk and bitter when you blow them off because they're getting clingy, not being able to go the grocery store or movie theater in peace, not having the whole damn bar staring at you because you decided you didn't want to be locked inside your home in the middle of winter, "fans" who snap at you when things are going bad, taking the blame when your GM is the one who's built you a hilariously incompetent team, etc. etc. etc.

Screw that. Gimme Miami, Los Angeles, or New York any day. It sucks to say it but it's the truth. You can be anonymous when you want to be, but when you want to play the "I'm an NHL player" card for when you want the perks of being treated like a celebrity. In Canada ... it's a gong show, every market is a fishbowl and every star player is a "problem child" if the team is underperforming for an extended stretch. Hall, Subban, Kessel, doesn't matter.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Not really. Its about how you continuously slag him over 73 pages. Your post history pages is filled with your slagging of Hall. Its like there's no other threads that are worthy enough of discussion with you, such as the Draft thread. Like, who uses their time to constantly attack a guy who hasn't been an Oiler for two years in 73 pages? You're as bad as those idiotic brats that were slagging at McDavid and his parents in public.

right, it's the same thing to make warranted criticisms based of articles written about a player on a forum and harassing a player in public. man, honestly, you guys are just hurt in the feels because your man hall is not what you thought he was here. give it up.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
At least you won't have to deal with the "Soundwave is a *****e of a person, because he ignored me at The Ranch hur durrr."

you don't follow things well do you. I or anyone close to me I know has ever met hall in person or have any run ins with him. I base it purely on hockey. I have rarely ever made any comments about his partying activities.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Exactly, I wouldn't want to put up with the weirdos that guys like Hall and McDavid and Kessel and Subban likely have to put up with when taking one step outside their home.

Nutcase women that think they're your future wife because you made eye contact, then get drunk and bitter when you blow them off because they're getting clingy, not being able to go the grocery store or movie theater in peace, not having the whole damn bar staring at you because you decided you didn't want to be locked inside your home in the middle of winter, "fans" who snap at you when things are going bad, taking the blame when your GM is the one who's built you a hilariously incompetent team, etc. etc. etc.

Screw that. Gimme Miami, Los Angeles, or New York any day. It sucks to say it but it's the truth. You can be anonymous when you want to be, but when you want to play the "I'm an NHL player" card for when you want the perks of being treated like a celebrity. In Canada ... it's a gong show, every market is a fishbowl.

see, YOU guys are the ones making it all about women and hall and the ranch etc. I don't think I ever bring that up. you guys obsess with partying hall. I could care less about ranch hall.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
you don't follow things well do you. I or anyone close to me I know has ever met hall in person or have any run ins with him. I base it purely on hockey. I have rarely ever made any comments about his partying activities.

Base it on hockey but ignore actual on-ice results because you don't like fancy stats like "gaols for/against."

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Screw that. Gimme Miami, Los Angeles, or New York any day. It sucks to say it but it's the truth. You can be anonymous when you want to be, but when you want to play the "I'm an NHL player" card for when you want the perks of being treated like a celebrity. In Canada ... it's a gong show, every market is a fishbowl.

It still amazes me how the Canadiens traded Subban based on "character." The guy's a damn role model for kids. The fact that he donated 10m to childrens hospital speaks warrant on his character. But nah, the guy hated losing, so naturally they traded him. Its just laughable to see players getting hate and traded, because they hate to lose. If Taylor Hall showed no damn emotion after the losing he endured here, you can bet the media and fans would call for his head saying he doesn't care that they're losing. Just full on narratives over and over.

right, it's the same thing to make warranted criticisms based of articles written about a player on a forum and harassing a player in public. man, honestly, you guys are just hurt in the feels because your man hall is not what you thought he was here. give it up.

My main point is, its been 73 pages of your thread. There's so many other threads that you can pretty much talk Oilers related. The Draft is one example, since we're going to be drafting high again. But instead of that, your damn post history is filled with this thread of you saying the same crap over and over. Its beyond the point of tiresome. Give it a f***ing rest.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
see, YOU guys are the ones making it all about women and hall and the ranch etc. I don't think I ever bring that up. you guys obsess with partying hall. I could care less about ranch hall.

And I could care less about "clique" Hall or "didn't do a drill in practice Hall".

I don't give a shit about that. Michael Jordan is the greatest winner in modern team sports, he punched a teammate in the face and would routinely yell at, tease, and berate other teammates at times.

This is pro hockey, if you can't handle that shit go into figure skating. Not everyone is "super duper nice", nor is that some requirement for a good team. Lots of Stanley Cup winners have plenty of jerks on them, in fact I would say that's probably a bit of a requirement, "nice guy teams" don't win jack.

The GM is one who's job it is to construct a proper team and no one here has been capable of doing that for 4 straight GMs. That right there is your central problem and it's proven 100% by this season. You cannot get a "nicer" personality than McDavid and yet the team sucks as bad several of those Hall teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->