OT: Who's your playoff team, after Toronto?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I cheer for the Hawks because Jonathan Toews is my favourite NHL player at present. Duncan Keith is a former Kelowna Rocket and semi local kid growing up near by. Also attached to them as Team Canada gold medalists.

I've liked the Hawks a long time as previously Denis Savard was my favourite non Leaf player in the past.

When you're a Leaf fan, having a fallback plan for hockey entertainment value in the playoffs is always a good idea.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Some Western conference team. In previous years its been Nashville, San Jose and Anaheim. This year it'll be one of Anaheim or San Jose, maybe both

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
There is NO AFTER TORONTO for me. Once the Leafs season is DONE, my hockey season is DONE TOO!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No one, my team is the Leafs, I have no second or third team.

My playoff team this year is the Leafs.... because we WILL be there

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I usually root for the Hawks after Toronto's season is over (had two uncles who lived and died Hawks) but this year I'll be rooting for Colorado. Interesting team, they're young and well coached. They'll probably get bounced in the first round but it should still be fun to watch.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

well we have to beat SOMEONE in the Finals, don't we ;)

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I love the Hawks. Great team, extremely exciting to watch, love their arena and goal horn, and in general I like the players on their team a lot. The 2010 Cup Run was one of my favourites, and that roster was probably one of my favourite NHL rosters ever assembled. It was a thing of beauty watching Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Byfuglien, Keith, Seabrook, etc dominate throughout the playoffs. And then last year where they sent the Bruins packing in an ironic fashion, with the Toronto boys Bickell and Bolland putting in the dagger :yo:

I would also like to see the Blues and Sharks do well, both great teams with some really good players. Sharks are overdue.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I like you....

In some alternate universe where the leafs don't make the playoffs ... :sarcasm:

I'd be cheering for the Sharks.

I'd also be cheering for the Canadiens to lose.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Habs. I have been a Leaf fan my whole life and they've won nothing. This prevents the Habs from winning as well.

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
Colorado Avalanche. I always liked the late 90's team with Forsberg, Sakic and Roy winning cups. Now Roy is the coach and guys like Duchenne and McKinnon are the future.

McKinnon looks like hes been in the NHL for 5 years, amazing player.

MrLegend28*

lol this is fanboyism at its finest. i cheer for no one since Toronto's out.

Oct 19, 2007
I am a hockey fan and I will cheer for some team as long as there is a playoffs. I will cheer for the Bruins if the Leafs are not in.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00