Coaching carousel (Weekes)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Last sentence very interesting. Who is that? Sully? Who am I missing?

Kypreos apparently mentioned Sullivan to New Jersey as a possibility

To me the last sentence is clearly Rod the Bod. Rumors are that the owner simply won't pay up. And it's not good enough to cough up the extra for him, he also wants his assistants paid right. Writing is on the wall there. Will be a lineup for his services

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
To me the last sentence is clearly Rod the Bod. Rumors are that the owner simply won't pay up. And it's not good enough to cough up the extra for him, he also wants his assistants paid right. Writing is on the wall there. Will be a lineup for his services
That's what I was thinking, especially when you look at whose contracts are expiring this year.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Not even homering, here, but if Brind’amour were available, the Leafs are throwing the kitchen sink at he and his staff.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Sully leaves id be interested to see the Penguins hot board from fans

If Sully leaves watch for Keefe, Kyle Dubas LOVES him some Sheldon Keefe in his life, and if Keefe loses to Boston you got to think he's getting fired.

His assistants were fired last year he's got to be next

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not even homering, here, but if Brind’amour were available, the Leafs are throwing the kitchen sink at he and his staff.
Most franchises would, I would imagine. It's just how many would actually pay him and his assistants what they are demanding ( which I would imagine the Leafs would have an upper hand against most teams there)

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Owners would be stupid not to put the money into hiring the best coach. It's peanuts compared to the overall player salaries. An elite coach can make a big difference in a league with so much parity. I would pay Rod whatever it takes. He's an excellent coach and a tier above all the mediocre coaches on the carousel.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Interesting. Could be Rod but I think it's quite possibly Cooper - he's accomplished everything he needs to with Tampa, he's been there forever and TB will probably need to go through a retool or rebuild for a few years before getting back into true contention. Also only has a year left on his deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad