Who's the best player in this tournament; Crosby, Bergeron, or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Please answer my question. How many times have you seen Crosby play. Be honest.

Just a few...How many times have you seen Ovechkin play? Not like it matters, because we are just a couple of hockey fans, not scouts, and you obviously have a huge bias towards Crosby.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
holy crap markov!! how many times do people have to tell you that Crosby's team just played against 3 inferior opponents. when Crosby scores at this amazing pace against the strong teams, then you talk.

Russia played against one "true team" (USA) and they scored 4 goals. Not too bad.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Sparepart said:
Yeah, it is funny.

How can somebody make such a claim? How could anyone know how Crosby would play in a mens league? Its impossible for anyone to know how he'll play, and handle the physicality UNTIL he plays in one.

Its pretty stupid imo to say "he would not dominate a mens league" with absolutely nothing to back up that claim.

Joe Sakic: 5'10 190
Markus Naslund: 5'10 195
Martin St Louis: 5'9 181
etc, etc, etc,

So tell me why Sidney Crosby, who weights a solid 185, with legs as thick as tree-trunks and all the talent in the world would have trouble in a mens league? It will be a bit of an adjustment for Sidney, but as he's shown in the past he is a very quick learner.

Its just as stupid to claim that "he would dominate the RSL". Tell me, when was the last time a 5'10, 185lb forward dominated the RSL. And I love those 3 players you bring up....only one of them played in a mens league at a young age(Naslund), and his stats were helped by playing with some spare named Peter Forsberg.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
AgentNaslund said:
How am I being Ignorant? No one even talked about him in 2003. I never even heard of him up until the 2003 draft pick.

I didn't say were ignorant. I said you were out of the radar. If you know, what being out of the radar meens, then I suggest you look up in a dictionary what ignorence means. They're not really the same thing.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Just a few...How many times have you seen Ovechkin play? Not like it matters, because we are just a couple of hockey fans, not scouts, and you obviously have a huge bias towards Crosby.

I don't have a bias towards anyone, it is just clear in my mind that Crosby is a way better player than Ovechkin. I've seen Ovechkin play a dozen of time.

And you know to know what's a flawed argument? Saying a little man couldn't dominate in a men's league is a flawed argument. Do you know Maxim Sushinski? Yeah the little man of 5'8, 170 pounds. He actually scored 61 points in the "men's league" last year and almost have a point per game this year. That's just one example, and I'm sure there are many other.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
I don't have a bias towards anyone, it is just clear in my mind that Crosby is a way better player than Ovechkin. I've seen Ovechkin play a dozen of time.

And you know to know what's a flawed argument? Saying a little man couldn't dominate in a men's league is a flawed argument. Do you know Maxim Sushinski? Yeah the little man of 5'8, 170 pounds. He actually scored 61 points in the "men's league" last year and almost have a point per game this year. That's just one example, and I'm sure there are many other.

Yeah you dont have a bias :lol. And Sushinski is 31 years old. Maybe I didnt make myself clear. When was the last time a 5'10, 185lb player, under 20 years old(like Crosby), dominated the RSL or any other men's league for that matter

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Yeah you dont have a bias :lol. And Sushinski is 31 years old. Maybe I didnt make myself clear. When was the last time a 5'10, 185lb player, under 20 years old(like Crosby), dominated the RSL or any other men's league for that matter

LOL. You are just way too funny. The man can be 100 years old or 10 years old, he's small anyway.

The current leading scorer in the RSL is smaller than Crosby. Face it. Your argument was weak.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
And if you want a 20 years old player...

Semin is 187 pounds while Crosby is 192 I think, and Semin is one of the RSL top scorer even at 20 years old.

You see. There is just many example.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
LOL. You are just way too funny. The man can be 100 years old or 10 years old, he's small anyway.

The current leading scorer in the RSL is smaller than Crosby. Face it. Your argument was weak.

No, its not, You just dont want to see the facts, because they hurt your precious Crosby. Answer the question. When was the last time a 5'10, 185lb forward, under 20 years old, dominated the RSL or any other men's league? Because thats exactly what you have claimed in this very thread.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
And if you want a 20 years old player...

Semin is 187 pounds while Crosby is 192 I think, and Semin is one of the RSL top scorer even at 20 years old.

You see. There is just many example.

Semin is also 6'1. next.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Chaos said:
Its just as stupid to claim that "he would dominate the RSL".

I never said that.

And I love those 3 players you bring up....only one of them played in a mens league at a young age(Naslund), and his stats were helped by playing with some spare named Peter Forsberg.

Only one? Arent you forgetting Sakic? , or were you counting him? Sakic+Naslund=2 :dunce:

St Louis was a different case, he was overlooked by teams because of his size (which is alot smaller then Crosby's). My comparison was supposed to be about how small players have success in the NHL , but nice job derailing it.

AgentNaslund*

Diaboli said:
Would you please tell us, why Crosby would DOMINATE in the mens league? That's what chaos said you know. To dominate. I'm sure he could PLAY in a mens league. And would probably be good one too, but dominate?! don't think so.

I think he means win scoring titles. Art Ross trophy. Most points in the leauge, etc etc. . And yes, that counts as kinda dominating, if your winning the art ross trophy. Yes, that does mean to dominate.

size matters? Who won the art ross this year?Tell me his height and weight. Thx. Anyone stupid enough to believe size matters know nothing about hockey. Crosby is 5'11 187 pounds. Forsberg is 6'0 200 pounds. Grezky was only 6'0 200 pounds. Brad Richards was 5'11 190 pounds on draft year. Now hes listed as 6'1 215 pounds. Anyone who also thinks Crosby has stopped growing, deserves to be laughed at. Markus Naslund, 5'11 190 pounds. he has more points then anyone else in the last 3 seasons. Naslund.

Actually he is outscoring Ovechkin in the same tournament by being two years younger. Are you stupid enough not to realize that?

Like I said, some people will not amit something that is true. They will not amit it no matter what. Hes not worth debating with. Your argueing with someone that will disagree with you no matter what you say, and on top of that, never seen Crosby play.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
I know at 17 he wouldn't "dominate". He would have better stats that Ovechkin stats at 17, but he wouldn't be one of the league top scorers I suppose.

Ah I see..changing your stance now. Tell me, how in the hell do you know that Crosby would have had more points at 17 in the RSL? Thats just as rediculous claim as if I were to say that Ovechkin would have more points in the QMJHL at 17 than Crosby has.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:
Like I said, some people will not amit something that is true. They will not amit it no matter what. Hes not worth debating with. Your argueing with someone that will disagree with you no matter what you say, and on top of that, never seen Crosby play.

Yeah, thank you, you're right. I'll stop debating. You'll see when both players are in the NHL.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Ah I see..changing your stance now. Tell me, how in the hell do you know that Crosby would have had more points at 17 in the RSL? Thats just as rediculous claim as if I were to say that Ovechkin would have more points in the QMJHL at 17 than Crosby has.

Again, actually in the same tournament he's outscoring Ovechkin even 2 years younger. If he keeps this pace he will double Ovechkin's production at the same age. It means nothing I guess?

I'm off now. Chaos, get real, you are a joke.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Sparepart said:
I never said that.

Yes I know..that was in reference to markov, who claimed he would.

Sparepart said:
Only one? Arent you forgetting Sakic? , or were you counting him? Sakic+Naslund=2 :dunce:

St Louis was a different case, he was overlooked by teams because of his size (which is alot smaller then Crosby's). My comparison was supposed to be about how small players have success in the NHL , but nice job derailing it.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. This argument is about someone claiming a 17 year old would dominate in a men's league. Thats what I meant in response to your post. Sakic wasn't in a men's league at 17 years old, hence why I left him out of it.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
AgentNaslund said:
I think he means win scoring titles. Art Ross trophy. Most points in the leauge, etc etc. . And yes, that counts as kinda dominating, if your winning the art ross trophy. Yes, that does mean to dominate.

size matters? Who won the art ross this year?Tell me his height and weight.

Winning scoring titles dominate? Yes. Winning scoring titles in RSL at 17? Not a chance! Even Gretzky wouldn't have done it in today's RSL at 17. Let alone that time.

Don't St. Louis' size or weight. He is small though... Would you now be as kind and tell us how old he is?

BTW, if you think Crosby would win the scoring title in RSL at 17 , he won't be having any trouble winning it in the NHL as it starts, will he?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:

Talk about changing stance.

"Name me a small player who dominated the RSL?"

"Maxim Sushinsky"

"Huh... oh... huh... I meant... a under 20 player!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad