Who's the best player in this tournament; Crosby, Bergeron, or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
AgentNaslund said:
I think he means win scoring titles. Art Ross trophy. Most points in the leauge, etc etc. . And yes, that counts as kinda dominating, if your winning the art ross trophy. Yes, that does mean to dominate.

size matters? Who won the art ross this year?Tell me his height and weight. Thx. Anyone stupid enough to believe size matters know nothing about hockey. Crosby is 5'11 187 pounds. Forsberg is 6'0 200 pounds. Grezky was only 6'0 200 pounds. Brad Richards was 5'11 190 pounds on draft year. Now hes listed as 6'1 215 pounds. Anyone who also thinks Crosby has stopped growing, deserves to be laughed at. Markus Naslund, 5'11 190 pounds. he has more points then anyone else in the last 3 seasons. Naslund.

Tell me, who one the scoring title in the 3-5 years before St-Louis? Size most certainly matters in hockey. Why do you think St-Louis went undrafted? Why do you think a guy like Valabik went 10th overall?

AgentNaslund said:
Like I said, some people will not amit something that is true. They will not amit it no matter what. Hes not worth debating with. Your argueing with someone that will disagree with you no matter what you say, and on top of that, never seen Crosby play.

Yes he is outscoring Ovechkin in this one single tournament. he is also playing on a team that is scoring goals at a ridiculous pace, playing with an NHL player. And yes, because you have seen Crosby play, that makes you some kind of expert :shakehead .

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Talk about changing stance.

"Name me a small player who dominated the RSL?"

"Maxim Sushinsky"

"Huh... oh... huh... I meant... a under 20 player!!"

Well seeing as how we are talking about 2 players under 20 years old, I figured it would be quite obvious what i was talking about. Clearly that wasn't the case, so I clarified for you.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Yes he is outscoring Ovechkin in this one single tournament. he is also playing on a team that is scoring goals at a ridiculous pace, playing with an NHL player. And yes, because you have seen Crosby play, that makes you some kind of expert :shakehead .

Right now it is the only comparision we can make between the two. And he saw Crosby play, something you didn't so yes, that makes him more of a expert than you.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Well seeing as how we are talking about 2 players under 20 years old, I figured it would be quite obvious what i was talking about. Clearly that wasn't the case, so I clarified for you.

The age doesn't have anything to do with anything.

You said that Crosby wouldn't be strong enough to play in the RSL. I guess that midget Sushinski is stronger than him?

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
I'd like markov`and agentnaslund to acknowledge, that Canada has now scored 24 goals in 3 games, where as Russia scored 28 in 6 games in 2003. I know that you think that that doesn't effect Crosby's stats in any way, or that it shows how much tougher Russia's opponents were in 2003, but just for the heck of it.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
markov` said:

You said that Crosby wouldn't be strong enough to play in the RSL. I guess that midget Sushinski is stronger than him?

No he didn't. Stop putting words in other peoples posters.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Diaboli said:
I'd like markov`and agentnaslund to acknowledge, that Canada has now scored 24 goals in 3 games, where as Russia scored 28 in 6 games in 2003. I know that you think that that doesn't effect Crosby's stats in any way, or that it shows how much tougher Russia's opponents were in 2003, but just for the heck of it.

That's the best argument you've had since the beginning of the thread.

I acknowledge. Still, it isn't a good enough argument to prove me that Ovechkin is better than Crosby.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:

Once again, I never once said he would not be strong enough to play in the RSL. I said he would not dominate. Those are two entirely different things.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Chaos said:
Perhaps I wasn't clear. This argument is about someone claiming a 17 year old would dominate in a men's league. Thats what I meant in response to your post. Sakic wasn't in a men's league at 17 years old, hence why I left him out of it.

Crosby is not like most 17 years olds, he's better then any 17 year old we've seen in years. So to ask us to name the last 17 year old to dominate a mens league is kind of irrelevant, since most 17 year olds playing in mens league are no where near as good as Crosby. We'll just have to wait for the day he joins a men league (but he'll be 18 by then, lol) to see what happens.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
Right now it is the only comparision we can make between the two. And he saw Crosby play, something you didn't so yes, that makes him more of a expert than you.

Yes, because once a biased fan sees a player, we have to take his biased opinion as fact :shakehead .

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
markov` said:
That's the best argument you've had since the beginning of the thread.

I acknowledge. Still, it isn't a good enough argument to prove me that Ovechkin is better than Crosby.

It doesn't have to be. Why shoyld I try to prove to you Ovechkin is better, when even I don't know where I stand on this? Like I said earlier, I'm here just to show some crosby homers, how ridiculous some of their reasons of putting him infront of Ovechkin are.

AgentNaslund*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Hmmm... no.

Im actually responding to the guy who was using the excuse that Crosby is lacks the size, and saying how Ovechkin is stronger and bigger, and have the size to play in the NHL blah blah blah, when infact, hes so ignorant to know that, the best players in the world is only....

6'0 200 pounds, Peter Forsberg.
5'11 190 pounds, Markus Naslund.
6'0 200 pounds. Wayne Grezky the best ever to play the game.
5'9 185 pounds, the most rescent art ross winner.
17 year old Sydney Crosby listed as 5'11 187 pounds.

If you do know hockey, you will know size does no matter.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Sparepart said:
Crosby is not like most 17 years olds, he's better then any 17 year old we've seen in years. So to ask us to name the last 17 year old to dominate a mens league is kind of irrelevant, since most 17 year olds playing in mens league are no where near as good as Crosby. We'll just have to wait for the day he joins a men league (but he'll be 18 by then, lol) to see what happens.

So then you would agree that it has probably never happened in the past(a 17 year old dominating a league like the RSL), so it is rather ridiculous to claim that Crosby(at his relatively small 5'10, 185lb stature) would be able to dominate a men's league. That is what this entire argument is about.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Diaboli said:
It doesn't have to be. Why shoyld I try to prove to you Ovechkin is better, when even I don't know where I stand on this? Like I said earlier, I'm here just to show some crosby homers, how ridiculous some of their reasons of putting him infront of Ovechkin are.

Bergeron and Crosby are Canada's top scorer, never though that maybe it's because of them that Canada have 24 goals? They are playing in a high-powered team but it doesn't discredit Crosby in any way.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
So why wouldn't he dominate?

Because as far as I know, it has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. Now, tell me why you think he would dominate.

AgentNaslund*

Diaboli said:

I am putting him in front because Ive seen both players play.

Others are putting Ovechkin ahead, and haveng even seen Crosby play. Unbelievable. HOw do I know? Anyone who has seen both players play will Take Crosby over Ovechkin.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
AgentNaslund said:
Im actually responding to the guy who was using the excuse that Crosby is lacks the size, and saying how Ovechkin is stronger and bigger, and have the size to play in the NHL blah blah blah, when infact, hes so ignorant to know that, the best players in the world is only....

6'0 200 pounds, Peter Forsberg.
5'11 190 pounds, Markus Naslund.
6'0 200 pounds. Wayne Grezky the best ever to play the game.
5'9 185 pounds, the most rescent art ross winner.
17 year old Sydney Crosby listed as 5'11 187 pounds.

If you do know hockey, you will know size does no matter.

A 6''3 at 220lbs with slightly worse hands or vision or speed.... or 5''9 185 pounds. Gee, don't know who I'd pick.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chaos said:
Because as far as I know, it has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. Now, tell me why you think he would dominate.

At 17 he wouldn't dominate, but he will put off better statistics than Ovechkin did at 17, because IMO he is obviously more skilled.

But hey, it seems that you cannot like a player without being biased.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
AgentNaslund said:

Others are putting Ovechkin ahead, and haveng even seen Crosby play. Unbelievable. HOw do I know? Anyone who has seen both players play will Take Crosby over Ovechkin.

Why? please, explain to me the logic behind this statement.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
AgentNaslund said:

And yet I already mentioned I have seen him play. And I'm inbetween. How do you explain that? And please, answer something smart.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
markov` said:
At 17 he wouldn't dominate, but he will put off better statistics than Ovechkin did at 17, because IMO he is obviously more skilled.

But hey, it seems that you cannot like a player without being biased.

And you know he would put up better stats at age 17 how? Please, enlighten me to this psychic ability of yours. And to say he is "obviously" more skilled is just another sign of your bias.

AgentNaslund*

Chaos said:

It happend 2 years straight in the QMJHL, he did it as a 16 year old, doing it as a 17 year old, and hes doing it right now, as a 17 year old at the World Juniors. It has never happend? It gives everyone every right to call you ignorant.

And when we say dominate, I think they mean win scoring titles. I wouldnt say blow out everyone else in the NHL, but win the art ross trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad