Who will be the SJ Sharks Head Coach for 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
This x 10000000. You even forgot the instance when the Sharks were supposed to be modelled after the Sens.

And you forgot the Devils before that :p:

USF Shark so eloquently put what a lot of us have thought for a while. I just wish someone would mention this in similar fashion at the state of the sharks.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If the Ducks choke in the first round maybe Boudreau gets canned, and the Sharks and Ducks swap coaches

Then we can continue to hear about the two being roommates in Bridgeport during every SJSvANA game

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
I suspect Wilson will get an 'up and coming coach' (not necessarily young but perhaps not much NHL experience) rather than a re-tread.

This team isn't in a position to win in the short term and any incoming coach has to know that. Someone who will build with the team makes most sense to me. Unless Bylsma or one of those guys is being patient, why would they come here?

I'd be interested to know if they'd ever look at a guy like Stothers? Blue collar work ethic, was in that Detroit system a while back, success this year. Just getting on a bit at 50+.

At the end of the day though, I'd just like someone to go in and not defer to the egos in that dressing room.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Unless Bylsma or one of those guys is being patient, why would they come here?

If DW stepped aside to President only, and hired Ray Shero ("Ray has won a Stanley Cup" - DW), you can bet Bylsma ("Dan has won a Stanley Cup" - DW) would come too.

I would like Mike Stothers too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If DW stepped aside to President only, and hired Ray Shero ("Ray has won a Stanley Cup" - DW), you can bet Bylsma ("Dan has won a Stanley Cup" - DW) would come too.

I would like Mike Stothers too.

It's a great idea that the guy that can't put the team together to get them over the hump could be the guy that decides who will run the team for him going forward.

McLellan leaving was good for both sides. But the real issues with the team and franchise are still there.

As for a new coach, a retread may be in their best interest because if they're going to go rebuild, they need guys with credibility in that coaching spot and you won't get that with guys being first-timers in the head coaching spot. Maybe they'll bring RW back haha.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I suspect Wilson will get an 'up and coming coach' (not necessarily young but perhaps not much NHL experience) rather than a re-tread.

I'd be interested to know if they'd ever look at a guy like Stothers? Blue collar work ethic, was in that Detroit system a while back, success this year. Just getting on a bit at 50+.

That's my hope and Stothers would be interesting though I'm not so sure LA would want to lose him. As I've mentioned I think Blashill and Housley would be interesting candidates as well, both excellent with young players and tend to get the best out of their guys.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
That's my hope and Stothers would be interesting though I'm not so sure LA would want to lose him. As I've mentioned I think Blashill and Housley would be interesting candidates as well, both excellent with young players and tend to get the best out of their guys.

True, but if you could somehow move DW to President Only, hire Rob Blake as GM ( and since we will get a third round pick for TMac leaving, the 3rd round back for Blake evens out), I'd suspect Blake would want Stothers.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
True, but if you could somehow move DW to President Only, hire Rob Blake as GM ( and since we will get a third round pick for TMac leaving, the 3rd round back for Blake evens out), I'd suspect Blake would want Stothers.

By all accounts (and his own words) Blake isn't interested in a GM job right now.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Maybe they'll bring RW back haha.

Haha, I could only imagine the uproar. The outrage over the promotion of Tomsula for the 49ers would be miniscule compared to all the rage (mostly fans, like on this board) if RW was brought back.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
I still think Bylsma is gonna get it... But am thinking Paul MacLean is a wild card that DW might like. Remember he was the other assistant under Babcock. If I remember he ran the PK and D side of things... Given that Robinson is leaving too... I wouldn't be shocked to see him get hired either.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I still think Bylsma is gonna get it... But am thinking Paul MacLean is a wild card that DW might like. Remember he was the other assistant under Babcock. If I remember he ran the PK and D side of things... Given that Robinson is leaving too... I wouldn't be shocked to see him get hired either.

I do think Bylsma has a good chance to get it.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

I thought about that

Doug could still be going for the west coast Red Wings thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad