Who will be the SJ Sharks Head Coach for 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
My prediction:

Sharks franchise becomes all Game of Thrones, TMac is sacked and DW assumes complete control as GM, head coach, and comes out of retirement to play another season

Sounds more like semi pro where Doug Wilson is Jackie Moon

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Huh. I knew his contract was up, but I assumed staying in Detroit was a foregone conclusion.

Well.... fingers crossed that we steal him, I guess?

Yah it sounds very unlikely he stays in Detroit, I can't imagine he just wants to coach somewhere else (then why leave?).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
DW being involved in the process at all is concerning for me. He will select the next GM who likely will just be a guy that he feels will best carry out his vision of where the team should go. Then what if that guy asks the players to waive their clauses? Doesn't that create a bit of a potential issue? The guy above the GM signed off on the contracts then will sign off on that new GM asking them to waive those clauses...or he doesn't sign off and then conflict arises.

This entire process would be easier if DW is gone entirely and a new person is able to implement their own vision without the previous guy hanging over his head. This screams Edmonton management situation to me.

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
I've been saying for weeks its granato. The question is do they want to go off the board and go totally new, like Marchment :)

I don't see them rehashing anyone else other than Tony

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
New twist, wilson gets removed from the GM position but keeps the vp of operations. Mclellan gets relieved of coaching duties, and gets promoted to GM. Roy sommer then takes over the sharks head coaching job.

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012
If TMac chooses to leave I take that as more of an indictment on the leadership core than DW. He sounded to be losing faith in the players with his "pow-wow" comment. Sounds like he doesn't want to watch this team struggle to find their motivation anymore.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If TMac chooses to leave I take that as more of an indictment on the leadership core than DW. He sounded to be losing faith in the players with his "pow-wow" comment. Sounds like he doesn't want to watch this team struggle to find their motivation anymore.

Any indictment on the leadership core is an indictment on DW anyway. He's responsible for all of it.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
If McLellan is gone, I'm hoping for Dan Bylsma. He's the best head coach available.

Didn't Wilson also deny about contacting Dan in the middle of the season? We all know Wilson was probably full of ****.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What do you guys think about Peter DeBoer ?

I think he deserves a second chance.

He can have a second chance in a place not called SJ. I'm not really interested in the style he coaches. I know he's been HC of a lot of low talent teams but not too interested.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
He can have a second chance in a place not called SJ. I'm not really interested in the style he coaches. I know he's been HC of a lot of low talent teams but not too interested.

The only coach with the offensive game I like is named Peter Laviolette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad