Who will be the new coach?

________

Feb 6, 2006

18. There is word Dallas prefers a new path in its coaching search — nobody with previous connections to the club. But I’m also hearing they’re open to all situations. Don’t think the Stars or Rangers are in any hurry.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
The guy who originally reported it has close ties to the WCHA, where Denver plays out of. He'd know if something was up.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Bob sturm has retweeted a couple of Montgomery tweets today. I’m sure he knows something that the WCHA guys also know.

Word is out imo, i’d be very shocked if it’s not Montgomery after today’s twitter activity.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Shows how much I know about college hockey...

Anyways, a couple of college hockey writers tweeted about Montgomery becoming the Stars coach today.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Shows how much I know about college hockey...

Anyways, a couple of college hockey writers tweeted about Montgomery becoming the Stars coach today.
Denver use to be in the WCHA, a few teams joined a Big 10 conference for more money, which caused the conferences to be changed. (Current conferences with teams)

A couple articles on Montgomery

One from today Denver’s style of play is known for being lightning fast

Montgomery’s teams are aggressive and hard on the puck, Denver often used a 2-1-2 forecheck that was built on creating turnovers and capitalizing on mistakes by the opponent.
In addition to this, Montgomery has built a system with Denver’s team that “when Denver has the puck, they play a very patient possession system and it starts with the defenders on the breakout.”

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I wouldn't mind Montgomery as coach at all. I think his system would be perfect for our puck-moving d-core. I bet you Nill told Montgomery that he likely has the job but he has to go through several other interviews still, so that's why there's so much talk about him likely being the coach by the NCAA media. That's pure speculation though.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
He sounds interesting, but is he a realistic hire if New York is also in the mix? Last time that happened it didn’t work out so well.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Seems like a really good fit but but don’t know if we should really not wait and try to sign keef or someone else who’s still in there playoffs . Would suck for the best coach to not get an nhl job because he did too good of a job in the ahl .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'm actually okay with this. Pretty excited too. Finally something different

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I'm actually looking forward to Montgomery becoming the coach (if and when it becomes 100% official), a total turn around from Hitch on the handling of puck-moving D. I'm curious and excited to see what he could do with Honka and Heiskanen.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Right on, I'm excited to see what he can do with our younger players

I wonder if Nill was planning on waiting a bit longer, but with NYR rumored to be after Montgomery Nill didnt want to risk losing out on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad