Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Interesting, they aren't going back to Ullmark

That's a penalty? LOL.

f*** off, Ref

No sweep in Tampa

That’s the right choice. Swayman has had the Leafs number all year. They can always consider the rotation again in future series if they win this one. Go with the guy who gives them the best chance to win this one

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hopefully Ullmark gets pissed and demands a trade to the Avs @50%.
Ullmark should be traded. That two goalie rotation in the playoffs is stupid. It disrupts the flow of the team even if both goalies are good. Swayman starts, plays really good, they win then they go with Ullmark the next game, they lose, then back to Swayman. Such a dumb move by Boston. They’re pretty much digging their own grave with that

Reactions: sethro109

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Ullmark should be traded. That two goalie rotation in the playoffs is stupid. It disrupts the flow of the team even if both goalies are good. Swayman starts, plays really good, they win then they go with Ullmark the next game, they lose, then back to Swayman. Such a dumb move by Boston. They’re pretty much digging their own grave with that
I saw my Finnish Liiga team win the 2010 championship playing one goalie at home, the other away during the playoffs. No exceptions. One of the better records to win the Finnish championship as well.

It goes against conventional wisdom, but I'm not totally against the idea. It's an oddball for sure.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I saw my Finnish Liiga team win the 2010 championship playing one goalie at home, the other away during the playoffs. No exceptions. One of the better records to win the Finnish championship as well.

It goes against conventional wisdom, but I'm not totally against the idea. It's an oddball for sure.
It might work in other leagues, but NHL playoffs is just something else. I can understand doing the goalie rotation in the regular season, but they should stick to one goalie in the playoffs until that one goalie lays an egg then go to the other one

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It might work in other leagues, but NHL playoffs is just something else.
Oh please, it's the same in every league. Splitting goalies in the playoffs is not usually done and for a reason. The NHL is no different from the other leagues in this.

Like I said, it goes against conventional wisdom and has never been done in Finland after that either. I'm just saying, there is a possibility of it working. Not a great likelihood, but still.

I wouldn't do it if I was Boston, and seems like they agree with Swayman in the net tonight.

Reactions: Ceremony

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh please, it's the same in every league. Splitting goalies in the playoffs is not usually done and for a reason. The NHL is no different from the other leagues in this.

Like I said, it goes against conventional wisdom and has never been done in Finland after that either. I'm just saying, there is a possibility of it working. Not a great likelihood, but still.

I wouldn't do it if I was Boston, and seems like they agree with Swayman in the net tonight.
I don’t really follow other leagues so I don’t know. All I know is that it’s not working in the NHL playoffs. Goalie rotation that is

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
LHnVNAA.png

mack74

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
Being a Leafs fan would be hell on earth. Has there ever been another scenario in NHL history where one team is another’s kryptonite in the playoffs to this level? If Boston wins this series, they’ll have won the last 7 meetings against the Leafs in the playoffs since Toronto last won the cup, craziness.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Being a Leafs fan would be hell on earth. Has there ever been a scenario in NHL history where one team is another’s kryptonite in the playoffs to this level? If Boston wins this series, they’ll have won the last 7 meetings against the Leafs in the playoffs since Toronto last won the cup, craziness.
This would be the 4th playoff loss to the Bruins since 2013.

TOR-BOS is sooo boring after watching the Avs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wow! I just realized Sorokin is turning 29 this summer. I thought he was around 25.

Dude is turning 29, was benched for the playoffs and is starting a brand new 8.25M X 8 contract next year.

I hope you are wrong but it appears possible.

Marner is useless. Compound that with Nylander absence and Samsonov not being close to the Bruins tandem, it makes the Bruins life quite easy.
Nylander is playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad