Speculation: Who should be our next captain? - Update: it's Staal

Who should be our next captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm guessing the C, A, A, group is in alphabetical order Aho, Martinook, Slavin. I'd maybe give C to Martinook for the locker room angle (ie., my vague impression thereof) so that's my vote, but I expect it'll be Aho for the PR angle.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
In the playoffs, Marty played with a leg held on by staples, zip ties, duct tape, and baling wire. I think he'd get a lot of respect, but he's never even worn the A.

If we're talking about the same thing, it's duck tape, roadie tape, jesus tape, but not duct tape. The original branding was "Duck". It shouldn't be used for air ducting because it degrades over a few years; I know the professionals use proper aluminum tape. What I don't know is why I felt this was important to share in this thread.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If we're talking about the same thing, it's duck tape, roadie tape, jesus tape, but not duct tape. The original branding was "Duck". It shouldn't be used for air ducting because it degrades over a few years; I know the professionals use proper aluminum tape. What I don't know is why I felt this was important to share in this thread.

Well, I'll be. Research confirms.

From now on, I'll be calling it Duc tape.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, I'll be. Research confirms.

From now on, I'll be calling it Duc tape.
DapperUnpleasantAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Tom Dundon so cheap, his wife got kleenex instead of botox at the birthday present plastic surgery.
I actually would not want to picture this, so I hope you just don't read my previous post.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
After the Marty party tonight and speaking with Martinook, he should be captain. Tomorrow he is already bringing the guys together to go golfing. He’s spoken to the new guys about the storm surge, and they are all in, but that’s all he would divulge. Plus the way he took Svech under his wing last season. He isn’t the superstar player or the most well known, but he should be captain until Aho is ready. Just my 2 cents. And he wants the lifetime deal Dundon offered Waddell cause he said he absolutely loves it here and wants to be here forever.

Martinook for captain

I still lean towards Aho, but Martinook would absolutely make a good captain. I've always though the role players who are actual leaders should get letters much more often.

Reactions: Stickpucker

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So at this point Jordo will have a letter, Slavin will have a letter, and either Aho or Martinook will have a letter
Great guy or not, I can't see the staff giving a 4th line guy with a 2-year contract a letter. Those guys are around to be replaced by younger and cheaper guys as your roster gets more expensive. Giving a guy like that a letter just makes that more difficult and unpopular. As much as I like Marty, I'll be a bit surprised if he is given a letter.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
After the Marty party tonight and speaking with Martinook, he should be captain. Tomorrow he is already bringing the guys together to go golfing. He’s spoken to the new guys about the storm surge, and they are all in, but that’s all he would divulge. Plus the way he took Svech under his wing last season. He isn’t the superstar player or the most well known, but he should be captain until Aho is ready. Just my 2 cents. And he wants the lifetime deal Dundon offered Waddell cause he said he absolutely loves it here and wants to be here forever.

Martinook for captain

Speaking of Storm Surge I noticed some sarcasm out of Suzuki about it from the draft. Maybe on inside a Hurricane?

Seemed like one of those good ol hockey traditionalists

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Aho because if you dick around once he will give you nasty look. If you do second time he will break stick in half and prison shank you. There will be no third offense.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Speaking of Storm Surge I noticed some sarcasm out of Suzuki about it from the draft. Maybe on inside a Hurricane?

Seemed like one of those good ol hockey traditionalists

I can’t imagine any other 18 year old with no ties to the franchise not having a hint of sarcasm when talking about it. I can’t think of a demographic it’s less “for.”

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00