GDT: Who pulled the fire alarm? FA day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
NJ looks motivated to spend and has plenty of cap space. They'd have a nice mix of present and future if they picked up all of Graves, Hamilton, Tarasenko and Saad in one offseason.
Man if they really do just hand out bad contract after bad contract it has the potential to blow up spectacularly.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Man if they really do just hand out bad contract after bad contract it has the potential to blow up spectacularly.

Graves and Tarasenko are/would be trades? They aren't bad contracts. Hamilton is $1 million overpaid. Bernier is at the same rate as Andersen and Bernier was better last year. Both are consistent middle-tier options along with Mrazek.

Hard to say Saad is a bad contract before it is even signed. A bit of cherry picking here but Saad scored more goals last Playoffs (7) than Niederreiter, Svechnikov, Trocheck and Foegele combined. I'm sure that is a metric the Canes are looking into themselves.

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'd do Gardner, Bokk, and Chicago's 2022 3rd for Tarasenko,

Reasoning is I don't think St. Louis would do Gardner for Tarasenko heads up.

If we sign Sevch to x years at 7.5 it would still leave the Canes approximately 5 million in cap space for future dealings.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'd do Gardner, Bokk, and Chicago's 2022 3rd for Tarasenko,

Reasoning is I don't think St. Louis would do Gardner for Tarasenko heads up.

If we sign Sevch to x years at 7.5 it would still leave the Canes approximately 5 million in cap space for future dealings.

I like it. Bokk's value might be high enough and Tarasenko's might be low enough to pull this off.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I read NJ was interested; not sure if there are others.
St. Louis and LA.

St. Louis has to trade Tarasenko to make it fit.

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun

Carolina also made an offer today to Brandon Saad today, source says. And I believe Colorado might have made one, too. So, Hurricanes, Devils and maybe the Avs after Saad…
Quote Tweet
lebrun_twitter_49669_normal.jpg

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
· 12h
The New Jersey Devils made a strong pitch to UFA Brandon Saad today. But Saad has other offers on the table as well. Saad camp carefully sifting through it all. @TSNHockey @TheAthletic

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
St. Louis and LA.

St. Louis has to trade Tarasenko to make it fit.

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun

Carolina also made an offer today to Brandon Saad today, source says. And I believe Colorado might have made one, too. So, Hurricanes, Devils and maybe the Avs after Saad…
Quote Tweet
lebrun_twitter_49669_normal.jpg

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
· 12h
The New Jersey Devils made a strong pitch to UFA Brandon Saad today. But Saad has other offers on the table as well. Saad camp carefully sifting through it all. @TSNHockey @TheAthletic

The question was who else was in on Tarasenko

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Thing is... Didn't we get Bokk from STL in the Faulk deal? I thought they didn't want him.

I'd be surprised if NJ is on Tarasenko's list. I get it that there is a huge Russian population in the NYC/NJ metro area, but he's not going to win up there. I feel like NJ tried this a couple years ago when they still had Hall where they acquired all these talented players, everybody saw them as a bubble playoff team, and they still finished towards the bottom of the rankings. I don't think their core is good enough to compete.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
i think new jersey is doing what we wish we did during the JR/RF days which is acquire some players with some buzz/recognition to get fans excited knowing good and well you wont be a contender but it strings fans along while their actual good players develop and get better. The difference is NJ has actual good young players unlike us who had Dalpe, boychuck, and terry waiting in the wings lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad