Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't think Tkachuk would be very good heading into the draft, but I had a feeling he is who the Flames would end up getting. I am glad I was wrong.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Hate the kids guts when he plays the Kings but I know I'd f***ing love him if he played for the Kings. Hell of a player and toes that line.

Reactions: GlobalThreat

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Maybe it will, but one thing we know for sure is it won't be a King player doing it. Drew Poughty still doesn't have the balls to throw down with the kid, only stands up for himself when they are both in the box.
Nothing wrong with that. I don't want our best player fighting a 2nd line pest.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I didn't think Tkachuk would be very good heading into the draft, but I had a feeling he is who the Flames would end up getting. I am glad I was wrong.

Let me be the first to break this to you. It's now October of 2017, and the Flames did indeed end up with Matthew Tkachuk. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

:sarcasm:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Every time he plays the Kings he instantly becomes my favorite player in the league.

He’s an animal lol.

Reactions: GlobalThreat

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because of the intention to injure other players.
two things the league didn't think were even worth a fine and then an admittedly dirty elbow. The intent to injure is more in the imagination of Oiler and Leafs fans that can't accept that shitty things happen sometimes.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
that "2nd line pest" as a rookie still would have been 3rd on the Kings in scoring last year and if he improves at all offensively should produce like a first liner. But I'm glad you embrace that your best player is a *****
You seem angry? Which means Doughty is doing just fine. And did you really compare the Flames scoring to the Kings? We all know LA can't score bud.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
two things the league didn't think were even worth a fine and then an admittedly dirty elbow. The intent to injure is more in the imagination of Oiler and Leafs fans that can't accept that ****ty things happen sometimes.
Fairly hostile response there, very conducive to a productive back and forth I'm sure.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You seem angry? Which means Doughty is doing just fine. And did you really compare the Flames scoring to the Kings? We all know LA can't score bud.
Not angry at all, just think it's hilarious that you guys are still crying about an elbow last year and your best player still has nothing between his legs. In fact I'm ecstatic that "2nd line pest" scored two goals to help bury you guys.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fairly hostile response there, very conducive to a productive back and forth I'm sure.
After reading the whining, crying and insults from those fan bases pretty much all of last year, what do you expect? This thread never should have been started but the OP likes to stir shit up.

And I stand by my point. If anyone thinks Tkachuk is anything like Cooke or Avery, they have no idea what they are talking about.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Not angry at all, just think it's hilarious that you guys are still crying about an elbow last year and your best player still has nothing between his legs. In fact I'm ecstatic that "2nd line pest" scored two goals to help bury you guys.
Yes, congrats on the 2 points.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Tkachuk plays an entertaining style of play on the ice that he alone is worth the price of admission. It is rare to see a player of his caliber with his style of play in the NHL. The Flames truly have a gem here. He was a great pick at 6th overall.

Reactions: Steven

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Can be much more than a cheap shot artist if he wants to. Big potential is there.

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
pretty embarrassing on doughty's part to not man up and just fight tkachuk

i wonder why doughty's so scared of him
If Doughty fights him, people will shit on him and say that Tkachuk played him. If Doughty doesn't fight him, people will call him a coward. There's no good way to handle a rat like Tkachuk. Tkachuk's game is the hockey equivalent of being an asshole and then saying "I was just trolling!" when called out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Doughty fights him, people will **** on him and say that Tkachuk played him. If Doughty doesn't fight him, people will call him a coward. There's no good way to handle a rat like Tkachuk. Tkachuk's game is the hockey equivalent of being an ******* and then saying "I was just trolling!" when called out.
Nobody would call him out for fighting Tkachuk, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard.

Reactions: Terry Yake

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
what will he become?

Just about every fanbase outside of Calgary hates his guts already due to his chippy attitude, he drives opposing players crazy (Doughty,Simmons and Perry to name a few)

He's 6'2, 205 lbs at 19 yrs old so size isn't a problem and has some nice skill, but what is he going forward?

A) a rat 2nd-3rd liner
B) feared power forward like his dad
C) a little bit of both
To be fair, Doughty, Simmonds and Perry deserves to get it back. They have been driving opposing players crazy for years with their attitude and dirty play at times. All great players though and i dont mind it, its one of the fun things about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad