OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah times are good right now. argos have such a balanced and deep team. its super fun to watch. Every game seems to have one handed highlite reel catches lol.

AJ Oulette continues to dominate. He’s easily my favourite CFL player in years.

im looking forward to going to a few more games this season.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Yeah times are good right now. argos have such a balanced and deep team. its super fun to watch. Every game seems to have one handed highlite reel catches lol.

AJ Oulette continues to dominate. He’s easily my favourite CFL player in years.

im looking forward to going to a few more games this season.
Oulette is an old school rockem-sockem fullback! Much fun to watch!!

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Kelly and the offence didn't have their A-Game today, fortunately special teams and the D was huge today in yet another win.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Kelly and the offence didn't have their A-Game today, fortunately special teams and the D was huge today in yet another win.
its crazy how much better the argos are than like 80% of the league. seems like So many of the games get put away early and then they’re on cruise control the rest of the way.

shouts out to andrew harris for becoming top 5 all time rushing yards. Heck of an accomplishment.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Biggest mistake the CFL made was departing from broadcast television for one cable sports network. Two generations of potential fans know nothing about the league. What should be a Canadian institution is now a boutique sport.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Biggest mistake the CFL made was departing from broadcast television for one cable sports network. Two generations of potential fans know nothing about the league. What should be a Canadian institution is now a boutique sport.
I completely agree. I thought so back when it happened too.

I do think cfl is gaining populparity (even in toronto), but it’s got a lot of work to do. It’s a good thing the on field product is Pretty amazing. Very entertaining games.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
That's actually what saved them from about 20 years of fluctuating revenue from broadcast television starting in 1987. CTV decided to go all in on the Jays, and CBC eventually couldn't compete with what TSN offered. CBC basically exited the pro sports market other than the NHL, and even there Rogers now produces the games and sub-licenses them to CBC.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
All streaks come to an end and that's what happened to the Argos last night. What's even worse was losing Kelly early on in the game. Hope it's nothing too serious. It was the right call to have him watch from the sidelines though. We're in trouble if his injury is long term.

The defense was horrendous, especially with the run. It was just one of those games where nothing was going right. the Stamps QB didn't even play that good either, they put it in the hands of there RBs and it worked.

No need to panic since the Argos sit comfortably atop of the division, even if they lose next week, but if this streaks reaches to 3. It's a cause for concern.

Reactions: fancy lad

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Talent wise CFL just sucks. It's like watching the SEL instead of the NHL because you don't have a local NHL team. I'm a huge NFL fan, the difference in talent between the 2 leagues is just insane. Way more teams, much better players, more games.

Haven't missed an NFL game in like 6 years, redzone on all Sunday, Thursday/Monday night games always on. Just can't stand watching the CFL.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Talent wise CFL just sucks. It's like watching the SEL instead of the NHL because you don't have a local NHL team. I'm a huge NFL fan, the difference in talent between the 2 leagues is just insane. Way more teams, much better players, more games.

Haven't missed an NFL game in like 6 years, redzone on all Sunday, Thursday/Monday night games always on. Just can't stand watching the CFL.

good for you, but that’s BS.

cfl players are obviously talented and athletic. Yeah I guess they’re not at the nfl level (otherwise they’d be playing there), but they’re still freak athletes .

I would guess most of the American born players on CFL teams were stars on their college teams. I’m sure any Football fan would agree that US college football is pretty high standard for the sport.

whatever though I’m not even trying to convert you, but I have to respond to a baseless post.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

cfl players are obviously talented and athletic. Yeah I guess they’re not at the nfl level (otherwise they’d be playing there), but they’re still freak athletes .

I would guess most of the American born players on CFL teams were stars on their college teams. I’m sure any Football fan would agree that US college football is pretty high standard for the sport.

whatever though I’m not even trying to convert you, but I have to respond to a baseless post.
I think most would consider major collage games higher quality than CFL games.
NFL practice roster players make more than CFL players. Most NCAA will give taht a shot first before coming to Canada.

I like the CFL but it is what it is.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Not BS and not a baseless post. If they were as talented as NFL players, they'd be playing there and making much more money, instead of playing in the CFL.

I got no beef with anyone watching the CFL or being fan, all good. But the CFL is made up of the players who weren't good enough to make the NFL, just a fact. The level of talent is not even remotely close.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Not BS and not a baseless post. If they were as talented as NFL players, they'd be playing there and making much more money, instead of playing in the CFL.

I got no beef with anyone watching the CFL or being fan, all good. But the CFL is made up of the players who weren't good enough to make the NFL, just a fact. The level of talent is not even remotely close.
Obviously theyre not in the nfl. I said as much. But to say they’re not remotely close is just wrong. just watching both products as an unbiased observer legitimately feels pretty close to each other, excluding the obvious rule differences.

I watch the games and I’m always pretty impressed with what the players do. Never have I thought they look bad or unqualified. they’re clearly amazing athletes. Just watch a game and you’ll see lots of highlite reel plays. Diving catches, hard tackles, deep throws, etc.

say what you will, but the CFL is still the second best professional football league in the world. That’s NOT bad.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

The talent gap is a lot smaller than you think, otherwise no CFL player who tries out down south would ever make an NFL roster, and a few usually do every year. Players have even succeeded in the NFL and crapped the bed in the CFL, including a QB who led his team to a Super Bowl.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
I think most would consider major collage games higher quality than CFL games.
NFL practice roster players make more than CFL players. Most NCAA will give taht a shot first before coming to Canada.

I like the CFL but it is what it is.
Are they though? A pretty small % of college players make the NFL and many CFL players were College stars with NFL ambitions. Most college players don't have a pro career of any kind after.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Coming off a championship, they not only re-load but have gotten better! This is the best Argos team since maybe 1996-1997. The D-line eats up QB’s, Leake already has 4 punt return TD’s. Best QB in the league and it’s not close and one of the best RB combos. And our LB-DB’s are all stars as well. Amazing game, amazing team. Hate to brag but it’s Cup or bust with this group. They are that good.

Doesn’t hurt either that this year it’s almost like a home Grey Cup game, just 45 mins-1 hour west.

Definitely noticed the crowds lately have gotten bigger and louder. It’s a super exciting team.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Big shout out to MLSE who have given this franchise a massive boost financially, they move to BMO where they can financially operate and away from Rogers…..they go out and hire a young coach like Dinwiddie, win a championship, and then open the purse strings and bring in some massive talent. Like if this is how it’s going to be down at BMO for now on I might have to get season tickets. For MLSE a CFL cap is like paying John Klingberg for the year lol

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
People out West in Saskatchewan and Winterpeg love to talk about how little attendance is at our games. But this year attendance has grown, I’m pretty sure TV numbers are up because they’re the best product in the league and they have thee best!!! Thee richest owners… ahem they are owned by a group that could buy the league! Lol the Argos are the most successful product on the field and the most stable franchise in the league in the biggest tv market. It’s massive

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
For the first time in a long time it’s not just yes we won a championship and now we might be bankrupt. then what’s next? MLSE buys it up instant success! Instant credibility, they moved to a field that suits them, they actually were massive buyers in free agency which is shocking only issue for next year is QB. Kelly for sure will want to at the NFL he deserves it. If I’m Pinball and Dinwiddie I keep him on speed dial and hopefully you can pry a guy like Adams Jr. in Free agency.

You take Kelly’s money and flip it to Adams Jr. To entice him to come over to this culture. He not only solves the QB issue but gives you more of an attack. But I’d expect way more INT’s etc. but his mobility with this group wooo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad