Speculation: Who gets fired now?

Who gets fired now that TOR is eliminated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Shanahan & Dubas for sure. Keefe, I'm on the fence about because the roster is flawed.

They wasted this core from 2018.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Keefes post fame was cringe. Didn't talk to his team after the loss, then proceeded to overly praise Panthers for taking out the best team "ever"(Boston)...getting elite goaltending, a too offensive team in the season who in the playoffs that learned great defense.... Lol... Leafs had a great season, a the that could've won the cup, just needed a bounce or two this series..but there are 7 teams left that will all be disappointed and lose.

Lol....golden stuff. There you have it.. Just another year of bad luck.
It is really a shame Shanny allowed a rookie GM to hire a rookie coach. Who knows what could have been if they hired the right experienced coach.

Shanahan & Dubas for sure. Keefe, I'm on the fence about because the roster is flawed.

They wasted this core from 2018.
Keefe is all but guaranteed gone. He's been outcoached in every series.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
It is really a shame Shanny allowed a rookie GM to hire a rookie coach. Who knows what could have been if they hired the right experienced coach.

Maybe but this roster wasn't it from several seasons ago. Their top 4 defense is inadequate and their top 6 lacks physicality in front of the net and more importantly along the boards.

Reactions: ToneDog

myleafs

May 25, 2021
In the end guys, the Cap has barely budged since we signed our core. No one expected that to happen. A lot of this is bad luck.

Think of it this way, once our core's contract is up, they'll probably get signed for roughly the same amount they have now (besides Tavares). Plus, the cap will increase
No no no NO

For sure. However, due to their underwhelming outcomes, and once their contracts expire, they are unlikely to receive a salary raise. We could have them at low value and sign the supporting cast they truly need. Plus Tavares will significantly be lowered.

We really could have a lot of cap room with the same core in the next couple years.
Wanna bet?

Reactions: Apex Predator

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Look at Sakic and Yzerman, great gms. St Louis coaching Montreal. It’s time we take that approach. Gilmour as gm and have Wendal behind the bench
All thats fine and dandy, however like every year .....our top guys didnt show up ....again. different coaches, different supporting cast and same no shows.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dubas & Keefe 100% gotta go. If Shanny is with them the good riddance to him too.

Clean out everyone. The glut of Assistant GMs too. Nobody with the loser stench on them should be allowed to stay

Who are we hiring? I am assuming every GM/coach has a loser stench attached to them since they'd probably be employed still if they didn't.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

myleafs

May 25, 2021

While I agree its still more on the top paid players IMO.

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
The only way the Organization can save face is to bringing in new coaches. Everything else will stay intact except for a few off season acquisitions with physicality to their game . There will be hiring a new coach and a new assistant coach. Two that come to mind are Hitchcock as the head coach and Boudreau as the assistant coach. A tremendous amount of experience that they can bring that they can easily match up with other coaches. The core 4 aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: Gabriel426

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
I think Keefe should be gone. He didn't necessarily get "out-coached" like last year but I think a "good" coach would bring another level to this team... or maybe not since Babcock was a disaster, idk.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Who are we hiring? I am assuming every GM/coach has a loser stench attached to them since they'd probably be employed still if they didn't.
Asked and answered several times. Do you just hit ctrl+v for every post? Look at the names thatve been mentioned several times. Look at some other AGMs of successful teams. Again my personal choice is Sean Burke, but there's a list 100 names long of hockey people that'd be better than Dubas.

Hell, the monkey spinning the wheel at TSN probably lucks into a better result than what Dubas came up with these last 5 years

Reactions: Jmo89 and myleafs

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I'm torn on this issue. Overall I like Dubas. Especially after this trade deadline when it seems he finally realized the game is officiated differently in the playoffs and he really improved our third and fourth lines.

Keefe I'm not as much a fan of. When he went to 11-7 in the regular season seemed like a perfect time to rest Gio. Play Timmins and others. Gio got tired, understandable he's pretty old. Should have been rested. Gio was more liability than asset in the playoffs and I blame Keefe for that.

If they don't resign Matthews, might as well trade him. Can't let a guy like him walk and get nothing back. I want Matthews to re-sign. If he does re-sign and you want to break up the core. We're stuck with pajama boy so I'd trade Marner before Willy. Mostly because I think you can get more for him and I think Willy shows up more come playoff time. Not ripping Mitch, I prefer bringing him back, but if you want to blow up the core. Trade him to the Sens for Brady. We need that Tkachuk vibe. Start the Ryan Reynolds career off with a bang.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
JT is now a short timer with a non movable contract.
Two to move are M & M. Gain 22 million in cap space. Refocus on Willie to be your goal guy. You have the fast rising Matthew Kneis.
maybe Marner to LA for Byfield plus. Then dangle Matthews to Phoenix for a boat load of picks, prospects and Lawson Crouse. I love Lawson Crouse,

myleafs

May 25, 2021
The only way the Organization can save face is to bringing in new coaches. Everything else will stay intact except for a few off season acquisitions with physicality to their game . There will be hiring a new coach and a new assistant coach. Two that come to mind are Hitchcock as the head coach and Boudreau as the assistant coach. A tremendous amount of experience that they can bring that they can easily match up with other coaches. The core 4 aren't going anywhere.
So the core just stays the same and we have some regular season success and failure in the playoffs again? Havent we seen enough of this movie?

Asked and answered several times. Do you just hit ctrl+v for every post? Look at the names thatve been mentioned several times. Look at some other AGMs of successful teams. Again my personal choice is Sean Burke, but there's a list 100 names long of hockey people that'd be better than Dubas.

Hell, the monkey spinning the wheel at TSN probably lucks into a better result than what Dubas came up with these last 5 years
I got this vision of the monkey making some trades and we are all discussing and arguing whether it was a good move or not.....camera pans to monkey eating a banana

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
So the core just stays the same and we have some regular season success and failure in the playoffs again? Havent we seen enough of this movie?

I got this vision of the monkey making some trades and we are all discussing and arguing whether it was a good move or not.....camera pans to monkey eating a banana
Wait.. that's not what's been happening the last 5 years?

Reactions: myleafs

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Then you have a couple big names walk for nothing because nobody wants to stay in a dead end organization. Fantastic plan right there yep. Real smart, like some quality Dave Nonis level chit right there. Lets just circle back on the Dave Nonis fail years and do it again until we really really need to rebuild. Kick that can down the road, oh yeah, that's living large.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I agree, that’s most likely going to happen. They might take the C away from JT and give it to Reilly.

Shooter14

Feb 5, 2018
Then you have a couple big names walk for nothing because nobody wants to stay in a dead end organization. Fantastic plan right there yep. Real smart, like some quality Dave Nonis level chit right there. Lets just circle back on the Dave Nonis fail years and do it again until we really really need to rebuild. Kick that can down the road, oh yeah, that's living large.
I don't get what you're getting at but who's gonna be walking away? The core 4 will still be in place. I'd like to hear what you think needs to be done

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get what you're getting at but who's gonna be walking away? The core 4 will still be in place. I'd like to hear what you think needs to be done

Simple.

Trade Marner
Ask Matthews if he will put it in paper he is going to stay with us past the NMC kicking in
Ask the same for Nylander
JT has a NMC already so we are stuck.

Need a commitment from the player to not trade them.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

But he’s a legend…
I was told so many things. Someone’s been lying to me.

Shooter14

Feb 5, 2018
Simple.

Trade Marner
Ask Matthews if he will put it in paper he is going to stay with us past the NMC kicking in
Ask the same for Nylander
JT has a NMC already so we are stuck.

Need a commitment from the player to not trade them.
I've always thought that J t's contract would be a hindrance to their salary cap.. It's finally caught up to them from moving in a more flexible direction.
As for matthews and Nylander that is a no brainer.
As for trading Marner I think they will keep him before his contract runs out then possibly trade him if the team hasn't progressed.
All I was saying is maybe new coaches are needed to possibly take this group in a new direction and system.
Let's see what happens, it might be a combination of both suggestions

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
start from the top... Shanny is a rookie too

rookie president who hired a rookie gm who hired a rookie coach

see the pattern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad