Speculation: Who gets fired now?

Who gets fired now that TOR is eliminated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Keefe won't make it out of the ACC with a job tonight.

Dubas is up in the air, but even though I've been a supporter I think it might be time to put him out of his misery. I think he's made good moves around the periphery, but his bet on our big core blew up spectacularly. I don't particularly blame him for Marner being a complete and utter basket case in the playoffs and I think that's our single biggest issue, but I also think that the team allowing Marner to be a completely coddled prima donna that the coach can't criticize is actually part of the problem. For whatever I think about Dubas's tinkering around the edges of the core, the core failed and this team needs to leave this era behind.

I see no real reason to fire Shanahan other than the need for an era reset.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I would like to hear some post season commentary from Larry Tanenbaum. I guess that is only happening if Shanahan is axed.

I voted for Keefe only. Here is how I think this plays out:

Board/Shanahan go to Dubas and say, you can come back if you are willing to do 2 things (1) fire Keefe (2) move at least one piece of the core 4.

I feel Dubas will say, if I do not have the power to be a GM that makes my own decisions about my roster, I do not want to be there.

Board/Shanahan, say oki doki. Presser states Leafs and Dubas mutually agree to part ways and Keefer has been relieved of his duties. New GM to be announced, and that person will hire the next coach of your Toronto Maple Leafs.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
All three should be gone and I hope all three will be gone. But my gut tells me no one gets fired.

The main reason I'm against firing Dubas is the GM's in this league all suck. Seriously, what GM has made good trades or turned their team around?

BriseBois sold the farm on freaking Tanner Jeannot

Reactions: WillNy29

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Shanny, Dubie, and Keefe have to go.

No mandate on individual players. Each could probably be part of a winning team with adult supervision. Depends on the new vision.

One or two will have to go though because of the contracts. New mgmt will need more space to build a proper team - can't keep carrying the dubas tax.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I have a feeling MLSE guts the organization, starting with Shanny. He's the one who put all his faith into a rookie gm and approved a rookie coach. Dubas and the team will "agree to part ways" and Keefe will also be fired.

The first thing I want to hear from the new President/Dir of Hockey Ops/whatever the title, is "From this day forward this will be an organization with accountability." A very direct shot at his predecessor. In regards to the roster: "Everything is on the table."
I don't think MLSE is willing to let go of both Matthews and Marner. Even though that's what needs to be done imo.

They care about money. And those two bring it in (despite never getting it done).

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I want so badly to believe MLSE will do the right thing and make heads roll.

But I also just watched the Jets organization implode and Chevy come out and say everything is fine, with ownership still behind him. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see the same thing here. Minus of course the well deserved call out by the coach.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
They wont run it back will they?

Marner 11m
Tavares 11m
Murray 3.75m
Holl 2m

27.75m of usable space. Could sign 5 Hymans. An entire line.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
The main reason I'm against firing Dubas is the GM's in this league all suck. Seriously, what GM has made good trades or turned their team around?

BriseBois sold the farm on freaking Tanner Jeannot
lol I hear what your saying but using The team that has won 2 cups and 3 finals appearances in the last 4 years seems like a weird burn.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I want so badly to believe MLSE will do the right thing and make heads roll.

But I also just watched the Jets organization implode and Chevy come out and say everything is fine, with ownership still behind him. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see the same thing here. Minus of course the well deserved call out by the coach.
If they run this back it will be the first time in decades that I will take a step back and watch from afar. Just the thought fills me with apathy.

Lol.

They can't possinly run it back again.

Can they?
Pulls at collar...Im sure it will be fine...its fine...Im fine

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If they run this back it will be the first time in decades that I will take a step back and watch from afar. Just the thought fills me with apathy.

Pulls at collar...Im sure its fine...its fine...Im fine
That's how I've felt ever since the Columbus loss. It's like watching a shitty movie I already know the ending too.

I will admit, this year the writers gave us a plot twist with the Tampa victory. But this ending vs Florida brought back all that failure.

Reactions: torontoblood

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'd fire Dubas for one simple reason.

He decided to go with $40M+ on 4 forwards and the expierment clearly hasn't worked over multiple years. He maybe has learned form it and wouldn't do it again but fact is he's stuck to that experiment for several years now and it cost the team so you have to move on from that.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Keefe 100%.

Dubas im 50/50 on. I think you can make a decent case for him and against him. Maybe wouldnt be the worst thing to get a new perspective and process.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I'm going with none of the above....

Tannenbaum & co will not want to clean house, and potentially have to rebuild from the ground up.... so Shanny will stay.

Dubas, without a contract, isn't going to stay unless he gets a long term one... and Shanny's not going to give it to him, because he'll be on thin ice. He'll chose to go to Pittsburgh where he'll have more job security.

Keefe will probably remain to be fired in-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad